NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Loven11

Newcastle are firm favourites to land the signature of Stephen Ireland, skysports.com understands.

Newcastle are now believed to be in advanced talks with Villa over a loan deal.

Ireland is thought to be one of Villa's top-earners and as such they will want a sizeable chunk of his wages met.

Newcastle are now negotiating the percentage of what they will pay, but are hopeful they can agree a deal this week.

Totally agree with you djmattis that Ireland shouldn't be played ahead of Barton and probably wouldn't be anyway because as you said Barton is vital to us.

Guest palnese

Anyone know if the window closes at 5pm or 12am?

It'll be midnight I think. Sure it only had a 5pm close when deadline day fell on a Sunday so they extended it to 5pm on the 1st.

It doesn't close, it SLAMS FUCKING FUCK OFF SHUT.

Guest toonlass

Anyone know if the window closes at 5pm or 12am?

It'll be midnight I think. Sure it only had a 5pm close when deadline day fell on a Sunday so they extended it to 5pm on the 1st.

It doesn't close, it SLAMS FUCKING FUCK OFF SHUT.

Watch your fingers!

Don't see Ireland and Barton as the same at all, Barton needs to be deeper so he can spray some of those lush through balls around like he has all season.  Ireland can play further forward in the Nolan role.  

Would love to see him here, yes he is a bellend, but so are plenty other footballers.  Still only 24 and quite the talent, just needs nurturing a little.  Can't see any other players around that age and with that ability that would be available and willing to join us so why not.

Tiote

Barton

Jonas

Ireland

Ben Arfa

Caroll

Is a cracking front 6.

Just seen that Kakuta is having a medical at Fulham, which suggests that SWP won't be going there, contrary to what had been rumoured.

I'd rather SWP than Ireland. We need someone who can play on the right wing now Routledge is gone, and I think Ireland's better more central.

Just seen that Kakuta is having a medical at Fulham, which suggests that SWP won't be going there, contrary to what had been rumoured.

I'd rather SWP than Ireland. We need someone who can play on the right wing now Routledge is gone, and I think Ireland's better more central.

:harry:

I feel like i'm taking crazy pills at times on here. Even with Ben Arfa and Ireland in the team, folk would still have Jonas in there. :lol:

Is the Ireland signing official then? Or is it the crazy pills talking? :lol: