NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Do me a favour, we fkn wish Barton was anywhere near as good as Beckham was at Man Ure... Barton may be like Beckham is now.

Nobody said he was as good.

My bad it was... "very like Beckham" & "much like Beckham"

still makes me :lol:

I agree both cross early but thats where the similarity ends.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Do me a favour, we fkn wish Barton was anywhere near as good as Beckham was at Man Ure... Barton may be like Beckham is now.

In terms of style.

Nobody said he was as good.

My bad it was... "very like Beckham" & "much like Beckham"

still makes me :lol:

I agree both cross early but thats where the similarity ends.

Thick as mince.

Of a midfield central 3 though wasn't it? I remember him, Butt and Geremi with Owen ahead of them and the full backs having free reign of the flanks.

Barton's role under Keegan wasn't too dissimilar to the one he has now. I can't understand how there's even a debate about it. There's no case whatsoever to move him back into the centre.

Barton's role under Keegan wasn't too dissimilar to the one he has now. I can't understand how there's even a debate about it. There's no case whatsoever to move him back into the centre.

The point I am making is we still need to sign a right winger for the good of the squad.

Barton's best position seems to be wide right in a midfield 4 - though i do wonder how well he'd perform on the right in a midfield three. that Keegan midfield had to stretch out quite a bit due to effectively playing 3 central strikers, and there was an extra hand to help out defensively as we played no attacking midfielder, instead using one of the 3 strikers in that role. More common is to have a 4-3-3 with two forwards who play out wide like Malouda or Kalou. In that set-up Barton would effectively be being in a midfield two along Tiote and behind an attacking midfielder.

Personally i think given licence to roam he's a real asset, Pardew was right about his eccentricity and being on the right lets him express that more than a restricted central role.

Of a midfield central 3 though wasn't it? I remember him, Butt and Geremi with Owen ahead of them and the full backs having free reign of the flanks.

IIRC Barton predominately played on the left under KK. With Geremi doing the swinging balls in. e.g. mackems 2-0 at home when Owen scored.

The point I am making is we still need to sign a right winger for the good of the squad.

I think we will sign Larson.

Larson    Tiote        Nolan        Ben Arfa

Barton    Matuidi      Ireland      Jonas

this sounds like a good plan with Gosling can play in all four positions we will be good account for ourselves.

Forster/Krul/Harper

Simpson - New CB - Coloccini - Enrique (New LB)

Tiote - Matuidi

Barton          Nolan        Ben Arfa

New

IIRC Barton predominately played on the left under KK. With Geremi doing the swinging balls in. e.g. mackems 2-0 at home when Owen scored.

This is what I thought too.