NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

In what world is one in three s****? :lol:

Aye, I did say it was shit like, didn't I.

Aye, I did say you did, didn't I.

:p

Just the general consensus some are portraying. Defoe has generally been a very good goalscorer for club and country, to say otherwise is mental IMO. Yeah, he's not Shearer (1 in 2) or Messi/Ronaldo/Torres/Drogba (1 in 1) but there tends to be a very small bunch of fantastic strikers and a very large bunch of mediocre strikers. Defoe is neither.

Messi - Goal every 1.8 games

Shearer - Goal every 1.98 games

C. Ronaldo - Goal every 2 games

Drogba - Goal every 2.16 games

Torres - Goal every 2.37 games

Defoe - Goal every 2.92 games

Ameobi - Goal every 4.91 games

It wasn't meant to be factually correct mate (though I was under the impression Messi and Ronaldo had just had 1:1 seasons), just that I think some people get carried away with what is a good goalscoring record these days.

In what world is one in three s****? :lol:

Aye, I did say it was shit like, didn't I.

Aye, I did say you did, didn't I.

:p

Just the general consensus some are portraying. Defoe has generally been a very good goalscorer for club and country, to say otherwise is mental IMO. Yeah, he's not Shearer (1 in 2) or Messi/Ronaldo/Torres/Drogba (1 in 1) but there tends to be a very small bunch of fantastic strikers and a very large bunch of mediocre strikers. Defoe is neither.

Messi - Goal every 1.8 games

Shearer - Goal every 1.98 games

C. Ronaldo - Goal every 2 games

Drogba - Goal every 2.16 games

Torres - Goal every 2.37 games

Defoe - Goal every 2.92 games

Ameobi - Goal every 4.91 games

It wasn't meant to be factually correct mate (though I was under the impression Messi and Ronaldo had just had 1:1 seasons), just that I think some people get carried away with what is a good goalscoring record these days.

Yeah I know, I was agreeing with you though, just showing that he's in between the group of the very best and the shit like you said.

http://nuevaprensa.com.ve/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10723:rondon-brillo-en-su-primera-temporada-con-el-malaga&catid=85:deportes&Itemid=319

The 14 goals from José Salomón Rondón not only ranked among the top ten strikers in the best league in the world, but also represented an unprecedented mark for his nation.

Those 14 goals represented the best scoring mark for a Venezuelan player in Spanish football, surpassing the 12 that Juan Arango had a season playing for Mallorca, a fact that opened the eyes of several top clubs in Europe to have the services of former -Player of Aragua.

Among the major clubs who have his eye on the player are Atletico Madrid and Juventus in Italy, though it sounds very strongly that Newcastle United have contacted the striker.

:shifty:

Fred! Fred! Fred!

Like the fact it looks as though they've just stuck ".....and I guess Newcastle might have done something too" on the end. :lol:

Aye.

Gutted I ordered my Gameiro shirt now like, bet they give the #9 to Rondon.

The Breton club has already received an offer of 10 million euros in Newcastle. Between the desire to respect the player and the fact that the Breton club wants to sell his best player at the highest price, it will not be easy to balance all interests. The ball is clearly in the camp of Valencia

who's that about ?

in keeping with the recent trend on here for answering ones own questions....gameiro

Defoe would be a large improvement on anything we've got up front at the moment. But I'd stay clear for 2 reasons:

1) Spurs will want shitloads of money for him

2) He's 29, so has virtually no resale value once he's in his 30s

I just can't see us going for him, he'd be the epitome of all the things we're trying to get away from.

Defoe is a good finisher, inside and outside the box. For that, he needs to play right up on the last defenders, but at the same time, like Owen, he's not great at holding the ball up. That kind of striker isn't so much in favour at the top level any more.

Top four you mean? or Premiership?

Erm.. Hernandez?

Decent point about Hernandez. His heading ability, coupled with the quality in Man U's midfield, allows them to get away with it, I think. To be honest, if any of the challenging teams had got their act together Man U wouldn't have won the league. Chelsea lost their way, Arsenal were hampered by injuries, City weren't quite there, Liverpool aren't a force. All the top teams were vulnerable this season, but Man U held it together.

My general point is that instead of seeing two strikers operating side by side in a 4-4-2, you tend to see one advanced striker, and one withdrawn. Players like Owen and Defoe don't really fit that pattern.

PS - Robbie Keane is another one.

Defoe: He's alright, he's better than what we have but I know we can (and will) do better. It would break every rule of the regime's transfer laws, so we definitely won't be after him.

Rondon, on the other hand.....:fwap:

Defoe is quite one dimensional for me also, doesn't offer enough to the team and his game is based on his pace and box prowess. He would be a great signing for 7 or 8 million but Spurs will probably want 12+ for him, a price that I think we could do much better for in the french or spanish leagues...

Swedish media says we are after Teteh Bangura of AIK Solna

http://www.fotbollskanalen.se/1.2150352/2011/05/24/teteh_bangura_jagas_av_newcastle_beskrivs_som_den_nye_drogba

Not proven even in the crap swedish league.

He's done very well for us tbh, he's a constant threat and seems to know where the goal is. Works hard for the team as well.

Wouldn't call him the new Drogba though :lol: Also don't think he's anywhere near good enough at the moment for the Premier League. AIK would probably sell for £1-2m, depending what happens with our other striker.

Swedish media says we are after Teteh Bangura of AIK Solna

http://www.fotbollskanalen.se/1.2150352/2011/05/24/teteh_bangura_jagas_av_newcastle_beskrivs_som_den_nye_drogba

Not proven even in the crap swedish league.

He's done very well for us tbh, he's a constant threat and seems to know where the goal is. Works hard for the team as well.

Wouldn't call him the new Drogba though :lol: Also don't think he's anywhere near good enough at the moment for the Premier League. AIK would probably sell for £1-2m, depending what happens with our other striker.

How good is he though? See Aftonbladet (biggest Swedish newspaper) also made an article on this.