NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

No.

:lol:

fucking ronaldo, if i asked for more twitter rumours you'd be asking to have people banned for putting twitter rumours up

Everything on Twitter isn't the same, this is a local journo. It's basically the same as linking to an article. That said, when people quote complete randoms on Twitter just spouting nonsense I agree it's just annoying.

No.

:lol:

fucking ronaldo, if i asked for more twitter rumours you'd be asking to have people banned for putting twitter rumours up

Everything on Twitter isn't the same, this is a local journo. It's basically the same as linking to an article. That said, when people quote complete randoms on Twitter just spouting nonsense I agree it's just annoying.

I know what you mean, but it's not quite the same as linking to an article. An article has to have enough substance to be written up, then enough credibility to pass the editor and get to print.

In theory anyway, doesn't seem to apply to football writing!

People saying we've "lost" Barton is another. He's here for the rest of next season too ffs.

And Nolan for the season after. As I've already said, do people really want to see Nolan in the first team in two years time?

If I were the board I wouldn't offer Nolan a contract unless it was a pay cut and it meant Barton signed up. Obviously Barton talks have broken down, then there really is no reason to keep Nolan beyond his 2 year current deal right now.

Not if we can force him to hand in a transfer request first

Which Mike Ashley will do without hesitation the moment any serious bid comes in.

Oh, and we're getting relegated next season. And the club will go bust the season after that.

And then the rapture will happen for real. And none of us will make it.

Start the helicopter!

:frantic:

If we go down again I'll cause the fucking rapture!

Newcastle United are back on the trail of Cameroon international midfielder Achille Emana.

The 28-year-old has just helped Real Betis back in to the Primera Division after they won the Segunda Liga.

But Emana, who has previously played in France with Toulouse, is believed to be keen on trying his luck in England.

Everton, Tottenham, Birmingham, West Ham and Wigan have all watched him in recent weeks but it is understood Newcastle are trying to strike a deal.

Betis value him at €7million, which is higher than Newcastle are believed be willing to bid as they want to try and take him for €4.5million.

Newcastle previously tried to sign Emana in 2008, when he left France to join Betis.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11682_6954968,00.html?

Newcastle United are back on the trail of Cameroon international midfielder Achille Emana.

The 28-year-old has just helped Real Betis back in to the Primera Division after they won the Segunda Liga.

But Emana, who has previously played in France with Toulouse, is believed to be keen on trying his luck in England.

Everton, Tottenham, Birmingham, West Ham and Wigan have all watched him in recent weeks but it is understood Newcastle are trying to strike a deal.

Betis value him at €7million, which is higher than Newcastle are believed be willing to bid as they want to try and take him for €4.5million.

Newcastle previously tried to sign Emana in 2008, when he left France to join Betis.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11682_6954968,00.html?

I hope we sign him just in case he gets a heel injury.

Guest MrSundlofer

Didn't Pardew say "no transfer for some weeks now..." and now he is quoted saying we have bids for players?

I loved Emana at Toulouse. Top player. But, I remember VI telling me that he'd not performed for Betis and spent most of his time posturing for a move, etc. I've not seen him in Spain really, so I can't comment. He seems to have declined markedly for Cameroon as well. Not the player I remember from a few years ago.

I loved Emana at Toulouse. Top player. But, I remember VI telling me that he'd not performed for Betis and spent most of his time posturing for a move, etc. I've not seen him in Spain really, so I can't comment. He seems to have declined markedly for Cameroon as well. Not the player I remember from a few years ago.

Betis rated Emana at 8m when they got relegated, that price makes sense two further years into the contract. Has p*ssed the Spanish second division from great height and yes, it's your cliché African attacking midfielder: big, strong, good pace, very energetic, not much tactical discipline.

Imagine a front 6 of N'Zogbia, Tiote, Nolan, Ben Arfa, Gervinho and Gameiro man. :lol:

Just spent half an hour in the Ben Arfa thread looking for that exploding bulge gif. Failed.

http://www.salamandersociety.com/slamtoons/telestial/2007/070103_joseph_smith_boner.gif

Imagine a front 6 of N'Zogbia, Tiote, Nolan, Ben Arfa, Gervinho and Gameiro man. :lol:

Imagining's probably the best anyone can do at this stage unless they watch Lorient and Lille every week.

Imagine a NUFC without Nolan and Barton. Zog, Ben Arfa, Gervinho, Gameiro - as talented as they might be, they aren't as important as those two.