NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Is the transfer window now officially open?  Or July 1st?

Jamie Dalton -

The premier league transfer window began at the culmination of the Premier League season itself as per Premier League and FA rules. The date for international deals is around the 9th June. July 1st for most of the rest of Europe.

Isn't there something about players' contracts running till the end of June, which is why you don't see the contracts being officially signed until July 1st?

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/864940-robbie-keane-transfer-interest-from-newcastle-sunderland-and-fulham

Robbie Keane says he expects to leave Tottenham this summer with Sunderland, Newcastle and Fulham already showing interest.

The 30-year-old spent the second half of last season on loan at West Ham United, who were relegated from the Premier League.

And despite previously admitting he would have no problem staying at Upton Park, the Hammers now seem highly unlikely to follow up any interest due to financial constraints.

That leaves the way open for a number of Premier League sides to bid for Keane, who would be available on a free transfer in 12 months time.

‘I’ve only got one year left there so I am sure Spurs will probably want to do business on me,’ said Keane.

‘For me it is about enjoying my football and playing as much as I can.’

Fulham are tracking the Republic of Ireland international's availability and are hopeful he could be made available for less than £4million.

Newcastle are also in the hunt, and would have no problem meeting a transfer fee although owner Mike Ashley is reportedly placing strict wage limits on what manager Alan Pardew can offer.

However, the Magpies may face competition from their bitter local rivals - Steve Bruce's Sunderland - who are also in the market for a striker to partner first-choice hitman Asamoah Gyan.

Guest Roger Kint

Even if Pardew was interested in Keane there's no way in hell Mike Ashley would sanction it...and thank f*** for that.

Am confident the only way Pardew would be interested is if he fancied a shot of Mrs Keane. Would be a terrible signing.

Guest magpie99

If we really wanted Keane, we would have taken him last january. This is a non starter just like Gervinho, Gamerio, Berbatov and Carlton Cole.

My bet is that we will doa deal for N.gog from Liverpool andalso sign N'Zogbia when it becomes clear that all of the above have turned us down or if we were in for them at all.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We can do a lot better than Keane. Would have taken him on loan last year but we've got to be aiming higher this season, he was piss poor at West Ham.

Keanes performances at west ham mean I wouldn't even have him on a free, especially when you can get Ba on a free. The spuds are stuck with him, any links to other clubs will have been started by them to drum up interest.

If we really wanted Keane, we would have taken him last january. This is a non starter just like Gervinho, Gamerio, Berbatov and Carlton Cole.

My bet is that we will doa deal for N.gog from Liverpool andalso sign N'Zogbia when it becomes clear that all of the above have turned us down or if we were in for them at all.

So you dismiss all the speculation above and hit back with groundless speculation of your own

Fuck me. Robbie Keane? No thanks. Honest to god I'd be distraught if he was one of our targets. Judging by the Gameiro/Gervinho links I'd seriously doubt he was mind.