NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Flatline

Honestly, Cabaye + mehdi + one more equals a terrific summer for me, even if we lose enrique.

Honestly, Cabaye + mehdi + one more equals a terrific summer for me, even if we lose enrique.

you'd be happy if we didnt replace jose? because surely your "+ one more" would be a striker?

anyone else a bit worried that the journal seems to think we've got gervinho on the 'back burner' in case gameiro goes to valencia? (which is being widely reported as his preferred option). it reeks of getting neither to me.

anyone else a bit worried that the journal seems to think we've got gervinho on the 'back burner' in case gameiro goes to valencia? (which is being widely reported as his preferred option). it reeks of getting neither to me.

Yes.  We miss out on Gameiro and Gervinho goes elsewhere in the meantime was my initial thought.  I'm also not sure how this tallies with Gervinho being 65:35 the other day and Gameiro being 50:50.  A confusing update.

There's always the possibility that the deadline for a decision was on Gameiro and not Gervinho as suggested.

Yup.  That's what I thought.  So probably we will get one of them within a few days.

There's always the possibility that the deadline for a decision was on Gameiro and not Gervinho as suggested.

Yup.  That's what I thought.  So probably we will get one of them within a few days.

Or Gameiro turns us down and Gervinho, realises he was secong choice and also turns us down. The Pards turns to Carlton Cole.

Or Gameiro turns us down and Gervinho, realises he was secong choice and also turns us down. The Pards turns to Carlton Cole.

yep

Guest icemanblue

Heard a rumour a while back that we'd got Berbatov, like. Well before the season had ended.

Has anyone worked out the ratio of players from top 4 Clubs who actually do better at NUFC than they did at their previous Club?

I would go with the old addage of NEVER buying the top 4 cast offs because they never work and there will be one MASSIVE reason why they are leaving their Club.

I think another difference in the unlikely event we did get him, is that unlike the rest it won't be for "one last payday" because he could sit on his contract at Man Utd on a lot more money.

Also he won't see us as a stepping stone to a bigger club as he's already been there.

Guest Flatline

Dave`s first Christmas with his offspring: "Kids, there is no santa claus,  let's just nip that one in the bud"