NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Arevalo was massively impressive during the World Cup, complete dynamo. Hopefully there's something in that one, but I won't hold my breath.

Was he the long haired one who played very similar to Jonas but with an end product. (i know ive just described most offensive south americans) :)

Just seen his pic on the link. Aggressive centre midfielder, in the mould of Mascherano is a more apt description i think

I hope this is true. He sounds far more like what we need than that French poser.

Those people who sit up there and say "ahh come on lads, this would never happen. It's obviously bollocks drummed up by the press so don't even discuss it' - what is then the point of this thread? :lol:

Those people who sit up there and say "ahh come on lads, this would never happen. It's obviously bollocks drummed up by the press so don't even discuss it' - what is then the point of this thread? :lol:

isn't it to report rumours in the press and then members comment on their view of the likelihood/appeal of said rumour?

which is exactly what's happening

isn't it to report rumours in the press and then members comment on their view of the likelihood/appeal of said rumour?

I would have though a thread on a forum would be about discussing the possiblity of said-linked-player rather than simply it being a:

"********* has been linked - is it likely?"

"Yes"

"No"

"No"

"No"

Nah man it goes:

Rumours of Ben Afra joining spread, despite evidence that points to the contrary.

Most are rightly sceptical but a select few go a bit overboard.

Similar rumours of him joining Milan begin to spread.

The select few desperately cling to straws rubbishing any source that carries the Milan rumour, despite the fact sources no more reliable than those initially linked us with the player.

How much time did you waste typing up that inaccurate summary? :lol:

I would have though a thread on a forum would be about discussing the possiblity of said-linked-player rather than simply it being a:

"Yes"

"No"

"No"

"No"

it is - pretty everyone has said there's no fucking chance and one dude has said don't write it off yet from what i can see

what more do you want? :lol:

"Yes"

"No"

"No"

"No"

it is - pretty everyone has said there's no f***ing chance and one dude has said don't write it off yet from what i can see

"No chance" is what you call discussing? Ok.

"Yes"

"No"

"No"

"No"

it is - pretty everyone has said there's no f***ing chance and one dude has said don't write it off yet from what i can see

"No chance" is what you call discussing? Ok.

"discussing" and "discussing the possibility of an 11m or so player coming to us" are 2 very different things

if you want to discuss a la football manager then fair enough, but to discuss in the realms of reality then the "no chance" merchants are on the money to be fair

It's not beyond the realm of realistic scenarios that Ben Arfa or Raul could end up here tbh. It's not very likely whatsoever, but it's not 100% impossible. Which means there's room for discussion.

Would take Bougherra & Davis.

Was Bougherra the guy that was constantly linked with us the past 3 summers, each time he said we would be a backwards step?

Will probably get him this time! Be a decent signing if the price is right, can cover in midfield too right?

Guest sicko2ndbest

If Ben Arfa is not first choice at Marseille he is not going to be first choice at AC Milan.

We are perfect for him as he can re-invent himself with guarateed first team football. I think we have more chance than people think.

We are at the point in time where we are a stepping stone, albeit one with the potential backing, facilities and resources of a title challenger. Players who have been lost in their careers the last couple of years, especially those under 25 are perfect for us, and we are perfect for them. A couple of good years for us and they could get their dream move, or even better they will have propelled us to the top table again and want to stay as they are offered hero status!

It's not beyond the realm of realistic scenarios that Ben Arfa or Raul could end up here tbh. It's not very likely whatsoever, but it's not 100% impossible. Which means there's room for discussion.

there is discussion, it's just that most people appear to think there's "no fucking chance"

in a situation like that surely discussion is driven from a compelling argument by the alternate viewpoint? in this instance there simply isn't one

If Ben Arfa is not first choice at Marseille he is not going to be first choice at AC Milan.

We are perfect for him as he can re-invent himself with guarateed first team football. I think we have more chance than people think.

We are at the point in time where we are a stepping stone, albeit one with the backing, facilities and resources of a title challenger. Players who have been lost in their careers the last couple of years, especially those under 25 are perfect for us, and we are perfect for them. A couple of good years for us and they could get their dream move, or even better they will have propelled us to the top table again and want to stay as they are offered hero status!

:kinnear: