NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest icemanblue

Milan owa the toon? What a glakey little tit  :undecided:

No ambition, man. It's a fucking disgrace.

Guest firetotheworks

He's a mercenary. Obviously only went there for the money. Why else would you choose AC Milan over Newcastle.

Guest secteur2010

Does anybody really give a crap if we sign controversial or temperamental players as long as they do the business on the pitch ?

Ok you cannot guarantee that a player will be successful but surely it's worth taking a risk on someone who is only available because of attitude rather than ability ? A player, who given our current standing, we'd never be able to attract if they didn't have bad points ?

Bellamy was controversial and Robert was temperamental yet those 2 changed us from a bottom half of the table side to a one in the top 4 almost over night.  What I'd give for a couple of signings like them 2 now.

Did anybody see anything wrong with team spirit when Robert scored the 3rd in the 3-1 win at Highbury, when Nobby scored the 4th in 4-3 win at Elland Road or when Dabizas scored the only goal at the SOL ?

I hate it when people talk about the character or attitude of a player we're being linked with. As long as they're not a nonce, granny basher or murderer I couldn't care less as long as they're better than what we already have at the club.

But you'll be one of the first to whinge when they're not doing it on the pitch, I bet.

Still, carry on.

Its from corrieredellosport, can view it on their site.

Google translates it badly though.

For this reason, Olympique Marseille, the French champion in office, decided to grant a one-year loan to the talented striker who is able to be wearing the Rossoneri, is the substitute Pato is to Ronaldinho. OM has established one million euros the cost of the loan while the right of redemption was fixed in 7-8 million.

Guest Heneage

Its from corrieredellosport, can view it on their site.

Google translates it badly though.

For this reason, Olympique Marseille, the French champion in office, decided to grant a one-year loan to the talented striker who is able to be wearing the Rossoneri, is the substitute Pato is to Ronaldinho. OM has established one million euros the cost of the loan while the right of redemption was fixed in 7-8 million.

What the article actually says in full, is that they may be parting ways with Ronaldinho (something that's been denied by Milans chiefs but still) and that Ben Afra is being considered the ready replacement for him. They say that Deschamps is willing to let him go on loan, no real mention of where just that he would be allowed to join Milan on loan for a fee of €1m and a permanent transfer fee of close to 7-8m if they were to make an offer.

Guest icemanblue

Did anyone seriously let their heart get set like?

Nah, not at all. I'm just not sure what I'm going to do with my 'Ben Arfa' shirt now, like.

Guest secteur2010

Simply not a Hughton type of player.

I now await the inevitable signing of Arfa on a 4 year deal.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Is he not similar to Routledge just a bit better?

Guest secteur2010

Is he not similar to Routledge just a bit better?

Nah. He's a bit darker ;)