NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I'm actually encouraged by our game against Man Utd, we didn't get completely annihilated and battled hard for the whole game, if we keep that kind of attitude this year (with help from some new signings) ten we should be able to stay up

I am as well, I'm definitely more optimistic after the game than before it.

Strange for a 3-0 defeat obviously.

We did actually look like a team. Not a fantastically good one, but a team.

Guest Roger Kint

So thats Ben Arfa no doubt, Tiote, Dembele any other players going to sign elsewhere who could have been good for us(admitedly know nowt about Tiote although his competition is Smith so its more than likely)

I'm actually encouraged by our game against Man Utd, we didn't get completely annihilated and battled hard for the whole game, if we keep that kind of attitude this year (with help from some new signings) ten we should be able to stay up

Yeah, we didn't get a total kicking - although I get the impression they could've given us one if they'd been up for it - we contained them for long periods in the first half anyway, and we could have scored a couple if we'd have had better finishing or Carroll's head hadn't been shaped like a 50 pence piece. Speaking of heads, the best thing from Monday was that their heads didn't go down, which was what I was worried about and that bodes well for the rest of the season.

Yeah, we didn't get a total kicking - although I get the impression they could've given us one if they'd been up for it - we contained them for long periods in the first half anyway, and we could have scored a couple if we'd have had better finishing or Carroll's head hadn't been shaped like a 50 pence piece. Speaking of heads, the best thing from Monday was that their heads didn't go down, which was what I was worried about and that bodes well for the rest of the season.

I know it's talent that really defines the final outcome but it was excellent to see them keep their heads up. If they can do that all season, i'd fancy us to take it right down to the wire, with a good chance of staying up.

Guest Roger Kint

Not convinced we were ever in for those players.

I never said we were, just saying they are players that would have improved us at good prices

Has that even been confirmed as accepted? We bid 2.5m.

Hang on lads, hold your horses - this lad knows exactly what bids we've made.

Let me guess, you can't tell us how you know, but you know.

Guest Heneage

Has that even been confirmed as accepted? We bid 2.5m.

Hang on lads, hold your horses - this lad knows exactly what bids we've made.

Let me guess, you can't tell us how you know, but you know.

Someone's a little cranky. I'm not claiming ITK at all on this one.

Not the best sources, but other more reliable places have mentioned us watching him too.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/newcastle-made-check-fc-twente-midfielder-tiote-cheick-1037551

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/7915859/Premier-League-Transfer-Talk-Club-by-club-Football-Transfers-Football-Rumours-July-28.html

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/article?contentId=2076177

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6304588,00.html