NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Ireland loan is tempting as long as we agree a fee and he takes a wage cut should he able to recapture his form of old.

Means Barton stays on the right which should please a lot, and gives us other options for when Nolan tires or isn't in the game. Think he's still got it in him, just needs someone to believe in him and bring it back out of him, hopefully the likes of Nolan and more specifically Barton can help him with this using their own experiences of turning it around, especially in front of a tough passionate crowd like ours.

If it went well and we found the player under Hughes we've got a £20m player on our hands who's got 5 years at the top, if it goes wrong we send him back to Villa and he's their problem.

Guest MrSundlofer

About Ireland:

A friend of mine is a Villa fan and he says "very talented player but has had an awful attitude at Aston Villa".

Ireland loan is tempting as long as we agree a fee and he takes a wage cut should he able to recapture his form of old.

Means Barton stays on the right which should please a lot, and gives us other options for when Nolan tires or isn't in the game. Think he's still got it in him, just needs someone to believe in him and bring it back out of him, hopefully the likes of Nolan and more specifically Barton can help him with this using their own experiences of turning it around, especially in front of a tough passionate crowd like ours.

If it went well and we found the player under Hughes we've got a £20m player on our hands who's got 5 years at the top, if it goes wrong we send him back to Villa and he's their problem.

I agree with this. I reckon he'd flourish with a group of players who's put a collective arm around him, in a good stadium where he'd have a huge amount of freedom due to Tiote sitting in behind letting him roam forward.

I'd be up for a loan with fee agreed, even if he is a risk.

Can't help but think Ireland would be a disaster here.

Maybe under Hughton in the CCC, less pressure and less limelight, he might have got on with it, got into the team spirit etc and got his form back. Now, with Pardew in charge, and a couple of "bad boys" already in the squad, I agree.

Guest Roger Kint

Just read his wiki, didn't realise he made up some lies about his grandmother dying.

Was that when he went to America or something instead of joing up for an international?

Guest Hardy_Bucks

Don't think Ireland would go to the mackems. Having to look at that big potato head every day would be a tearjerking reminder of tougher times on the emerald isle.

:facepalm:

This really deserves a tumble weed icon...

Just read his wiki, didn't realise he made up some lies about his grandmother dying.

Was that when he went to America or something instead of joing up for an international?

nah his gf had a miscarriage, he panicked and made up the grandmother crap

Guest Hardy_Bucks

No, his girlfriend had a miscarriage, for some reason he thought if he said his grandmother was dead instead then he would be released from international duty to return home! Once it was found out his grandmother wasnt dead he said it was in fact the other grandmother... both are alive and well.

So just to clarify, Stevie Ireland is thick as pigshite!!!

Isn't the whole miscarriage thing supposed to be bullshit aswell? He seems a complete nutcase, much like Michael Johnson potential great player but comes with way too much baggage.

All depends on AP's man management skills. Sounds like his attitude has got worse at Villa. Could very easily tumble out of control moving here. Its a big risk, could upset the team spirit and I can see barton twatting him in training if his attitude is out of line. That said they did play together at city and we do have a great squad morale that might be able to help him.

Bottom of the barrell stuff though, considering we weren't going to panic buy this window.

Guest Hardy_Bucks

He's an absolute tool, wont play for his country and one of those players thats always making an excuse! Dont want to see him in a green shirt again and wouldnt want to see him in a black and white one either. Total waster.

On the plus side in 08/09 Ireland was one of the best midfielders around. There's no doubting he can be a big asset if utilised correctly.

I can't understand why we'd even want Ireland? It'd be useful to have another midfield body until the end of the season, but you'd think he'd expect regular first-team football, wouldn't you? The Tiote/Nolan/Barton triumverate doesn't merit being dismantled, purely on the whim that Stephen Ireland might regain some of his form.

The way we're headed with injuries/suspensions, we'll be lucky to see the Tiote/Nolan/Barton trio in more than half the games between now and season's end.

Not saying we should definitely get Ireland, but with Barton and Jonas on the wings and no real cover for them, Nolan sometimes being pushed up alongside Carroll, Tiote probably getting suspended for at least another two games (when he picks up two more yellows), Smith injured, Guthrie piling on the pounds and Gosling ready/not ready for first team action, can we really afford to be too picky?

What makes everybody say Ireland is a head case? Serious question, have I missed something?

He did this

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/jan2009/2/1/18EBB230-D81D-43E6-51ED3CC2FA549CB8.jpg