NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Chubby Jason

We won't do anything special in any transfer window while we have an owner that has not a shred of ambition. Transfer windows are the most depressing time to be an NUFC supporter.

Guest icemanblue

Ashley is a decent chairman to be honest. Only made two mistakes, Kinnear and sacking Hughton. I think he will splash the cash in the summer.

:kasper:

:weep:

:banghead:

:suicide:

Left back rumors:

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew denies they're interested in AS Roma fullback John Arne Riise.

The former Liverpool star has been linked with a move to the Toon.

Speaking on the speculation linking him with Riise, Pardew said today: “It’s not true – absolutely not true.”

----

The People says Toon boss Alan Pardew is chasing Marseille’s Nigerian left-back Taiwo, as he looks for a replacement for Jose Enrique.

Enrique is set to join AC Milan in the summer.

Taiwo will soon be a free agent and plans to leave in the summer.

(This is what the Lagos, Nigeria born player said yesterday though:

“If I was to depart, then I would not join a small club. It will be Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal,”

“I am not scared by the level in England. I believe I have the right level to defend against Wayne Rooney)

Taiwo is delusional. One, he is massively overrated by people who haven't seen him play regularly and himself. Two, Chelsea and Man Utd have two of the best left-backs in the world. I hope he's not expecting them to go for him any time soon.

He's not intelligent enough for Wenger, hopefully Liverpool will go for him and Jose will stay here ... wishful thinking.

Starting to do too much talking,  best tip i can give Pardew now is keep quiet and just do the business in the summer.  I don't want to hear about what might happen and what has happened in the past.

If he refused to answer those kind of questions people would be slating him and talking about how it shows we're not going to spend in the summer.

Ashley is a decent chairman to be honest. Only made two mistakes, Kinnear and sacking Hughton. I think he will splash the cash in the summer.

He's not even the chairman.

Whats his story then? Out of contract? Recently come out? Barney with le gaffer?

Had an on pitch disagreement with Payet a few months ago. Obviously the club have decided which one they'd rather keep.

Completely unrealistic, but I'd rather we did go for a lanky, Vieran type DM such as Maxime Gonalons who plays for Lyon. Matuidi is only about 5'8, good player but we need more aerial ability in our side.