NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

What was stupid about giving it to Martins?

Because he's as much a no.9 player as Harper.

How's that like?

Because I'm a traditionalist. I think the no.9 should be worn by a proper centre forward.

I wouldn't give Martins the no.9 just like I wouldn't have given it to Bellamy.

I don't understand how he's not a proper centre forward? Because he's quick? ???

He's nothing like Bellamy, Martins' game is all about goals, even if he's not brilliant at it.

I just dont think he ever appreciated what a desperate situation we were in and was still jogging around without a care in the world as we slipped into the mire. Even his goal v Boro was a lucky shank.

But the player group was in total disarray. Owen (c***) was only present on training, but left for home immediately afterwards. I even read rumors when players were together they grouped according to race. if you were trained by imbeciles I guess that would have affected your mood. Football players are not machines. If their boss stink, that will affect team performance. That goes for us too: If our boss is incompetent, or there's bullies at your workplace, those factors will make us perform below par.

If you had slotted HBA into the group environment which Martins had to suffer under, he would probably gone on strike, demanding to be sold..

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Alan-Pardew-says-managing-Newcastle-is-too-easy-and-wants-to-make-it-harder-by-having-more-top-players-to-choose-from-article713790.html

Pardew: My job is too easy

Published 23:00 14/03/11 By Simon Bird

Alan Pardew says managing Newcastle is too easy - because he hasn't got enough top players to choose from.

The Newcastle boss reckons it is a simple job for him to pick United’s team, and that most fans agree with his first-choice line-up.

Pardew is determined to pack his squad with more options during a summer of rebuilding, so the merits of his team selections will cause more debate.

Mike Ashley has pledged to hand Pardew the £35million raised by the sale of Andy Carroll to spend on fees and wages - although it is unclear if signing Cheik Tiote on a new six-year deal has already eaten up a big chunk of that cash.

Pardew wants versatility, with new recruits able to challenge in a couple of positions, rather than carry a bloated squad.

"I don’t want to necessarily increase the size of the squad too much, but I do want to increase the competition for places," he said. "At times, we lack that. In terms of the starting XI, most Newcastle fans would pick the same side - and that’s a worry for me as a manager.

“Why isn’t there more competition? There should be more questions for me to answer at a club this size. We should be sitting here and we could all come up with a different formation and a different team.

“It’s too easy to pick the team and we are paying the cost of that now, with the injuries. The best players have played every week.”

Jose Enrique, a target for Liverpool, Italian and Spanish clubs, is the club’s only experienced left-back.

"I don’t necessarily want two top-level left-backs, but you need somebody who is comfortable playing there," added Pardew. "You need somebody like Phil Neville at Everton, who can play left-back, right-back, centre midfield...

“That saves you a lot of money. They call them utility players and you need someone who can play in three different positions. A player like that would be important to us next year.

“I don’t mean two players in every position - I mean a wide player who can play on both wings, for example. I don’t want to lose the focus of the group. I want to keep it tight and relatively small and easy to manage.

“I’ve made that mistake before - it happened to me at West Ham, the squad got too big and it was difficult to focus the group. We need to protect the spirit here.”

"I don’t want to necessarily increase the size of the squad too much, but I do want to increase the competition for places,"

What's the difference? :lol:

Means shipping out the crap and bringing in players that can challenge for the starting XI.

Smith, Perch, Campbell, Raylor, Guthrie & McLoven days are numbered. 6 in 6 out probably.

"I dont want to necessarily increase the size of the squad too much, but I do want to increase the competition for places,"

Means shipping out the crap and bringing in players that can challenge for the starting XI.

Smith, Perch, Campbell, Raylor, Guthrie & McLoven days are numbered. 6 in 6 out probably.

Yeah that's my first thought. Get rid of the ones not good enough and replace them with people who will push for a place.

Problem is what sort of club is going to want those players when you consider the wages they'll be on?

Smith and Ryan Taylor will be practically impossible to get rid of, surely.

Campbell is out of contract and Guthrie apparently is on fuck all, can't imagine Lovenkrands is on much either. Should be no problem moving then.

No idea what Perch is on, probably too much.

Problem is what sort of club is going to want those players when you consider the wages they'll be on?

Campbell is out of contract and Guthrie apparently is on f*** all, can't imagine Lovenkrands is on much either. Should be no problem moving then.

Spot on... can never get rid of the bastard on footy manager  :angry:

Campbell is out of contract and Guthrie apparently is on f*** all, can't imagine Lovenkrands is on much either. Should be no problem moving then.

Spot on... can never get rid of the bastard on footy manager  :angry:

How the fuck do we still have him?

"I dont want to necessarily increase the size of the squad too much, but I do want to increase the competition for places,"

Says he wants competition for places then follows it up with this corker. How can you have competition for places with one top level left back.....................

"I don’t necessarily want two top-level left-backs, but you need somebody who is comfortable playing there," added Pardew. "You need somebody like Phil Neville at Everton, who can play left-back, right-back, centre midfield..."

Says he wants competition for places then follows it up with this corker.

Again I can see his point. What "top level" left-back is going to want to come as understudy to Enrique? A centre-back or midfielder who can play there without too much hesitation would be perfect.

Or just stick with Enrique and Ferguson.