NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I honestly have no way of knowing. I like to think that our league is about on par with the Championship and he's currently playing CB for a team that's managed to be 2nd in the table whilst allowing the lowest number of goals with an otherwise horrible squad, so in an ideal world he should at least be as good as Williamson.

He's not huge and strong but he's an extremely intelligent defender who likes to break up moves before they happen. Plays some pretty decent passes too. The biggest concern I have is that we would be dangerously soft at the back with him and Colo playing.

He's looked pretty solid at international level so far and had an excellent game against Spain (brutally exposing Llorente's lack of a footballing brain,) so i guess we'll all be able to make a more accurate judgement after the World Cup.

it's not, not even close, it's about on a par with semi-pro football in the UK

:lol: I don't know what your background is but somehow I don't think you'd be in a better position to judge the merits of the Korean league than I am.

Oldtype have you been to K-league games?! I have been living in Korea (and Japan) on and off for quite a few years and have attended quite a few K-league games also. Absolutely no way in hell that the K-keague is on par with the Championship...perhaps league 1 at best.

I honestly have no way of knowing. I like to think that our league is about on par with the Championship and he's currently playing CB for a team that's managed to be 2nd in the table whilst allowing the lowest number of goals with an otherwise horrible squad, so in an ideal world he should at least be as good as Williamson.

He's not huge and strong but he's an extremely intelligent defender who likes to break up moves before they happen. Plays some pretty decent passes too. The biggest concern I have is that we would be dangerously soft at the back with him and Colo playing.

He's looked pretty solid at international level so far and had an excellent game against Spain (brutally exposing Llorente's lack of a footballing brain,) so i guess we'll all be able to make a more accurate judgement after the World Cup.

:lol: I don't know what your background is but somehow I don't think you'd be in a better position to judge the merits of the Korean league than I am.

Oldtype have you been to K-league games?! I have been living in Korea (and Japan) on and off for quite a few years and have attended quite a few K-league games also. Absolutely no way in hell that the K-keague is on par with the Championship.

I have an FC Seoul season ticket, and I think they're roughly comparable.

Okay, I admit, it might be because I have an FC Seoul season ticket. Your mileage may vary significantly lower down the table.

That said, the Championship isn't that good tbh.

Gotta say, when i've seen the J-League they're definitely superior to the Championship in terms of technical ability. Not sure about the K-League, I'm not sure how they compare in playing styles or quality, but I doubt they're worlds apart.

Physically and tempo wise they're probably a significant drop below the Championship, but to say they're on par with semi-pro football - no way man :lol:

The Championship is very overrated by the Brits, was very visible as well before we started playing in it how everyone thought we'd get raped in it, when in reality it's pretty much piss teams in it with a few stand-outs.

Guest firetotheworks

The Championship is very overrated by the Brits, was very visible as well before we started playing in it how everyone thought we'd get raped in it, when in reality it's pretty much piss teams in it with a few stand-outs.

I disagree with this, but agree with what you'd say if you were a better script writer. :shifty:

Oldtype have you been to K-league games?! I have been living in Korea (and Japan) on and off for quite a few years and have attended quite a few K-league games also. Absolutely no way in hell that the K-keague is on par with the Championship.

I have an FC Seoul season ticket, and I think they're roughly comparable.

Okay, I admit, it might be because I have an FC Seoul season ticket. Your mileage may vary significantly lower down the table.

That said, the Championship isn't that good tbh.

yeah i live in Korea too and go to games, watch on TV etc.

it's all about how you view it, i see it as a very poor standard as a whole - there might be a couple of decent teams/players but generally speaking the standard is woeful and way below the championship (though maybe not as low as semi-pro perhaps!)

Gotta say, when i've seen the J-League they're definitely superior to the Championship in terms of technical ability. Not sure about the K-League, I'm not sure how they compare in playing styles or quality, but I doubt they're worlds apart.

Physically and tempo wise they're probably a significant drop below the Championship, but to say they're on par with semi-pro football - no way man :lol:

exaggerated a fair bit, but i've seen some utter pedestrian shit in the k league, i really have

"piss teams in it with a few stand outs" could describe almost every league in europe.

after watching quite a bit last season from all the top major euro leagues plus the championship,spanish segunda and the german and italian second tiers. only the german top division when watched didn't show a huge gulf between the top teams and the rest.

this.

Kleague football is more physical than j league but the players and league is still very technical.

The fact that kleague teams are dominating the Asian champions league says something.

As for park chu young outmuscling most defenders he comes up against - I think that's a bit exaggerated.  In my view Park's always been a second striker and his strength is in his finishing, speed and what the Korean commentators say 'sense'. The Mantle of the 'strongest Korean player' should go to Jong dae se. If he and park played together....drool...

By the way, can I add it is very cool there are Newcastle supporters who also know about Korean football...there was a time Korean football and footballers would not even be considered seriously. Love it - and i enjoy seeing how patriotic oldtype gets. Good on ya mate ;)

"piss teams in it with a few stand outs" could describe almost every league in europe.

after watching quite a bit last season from all the top major euro leagues plus the championship,spanish segunda and the german and italian second tiers. only the german top division when watched didn't show a huge gulf between the top teams and the rest.

Well, yeah. But my point is that if you replace the piss teams with the top teams from "lesser" foreign leagues, they'd make a fight for it. I can agree the shit teams from "lesser" leagues are worse than the shit teams from the Championship, just not that the top teams from "lesser"leagues are worse than the shit Championship teams.

Guest BooBoo

There's every chance that "no capital outlay" means no freebie signings either and just loans. Apparently.

There's every chance that "no capital outlay" means no freebie signings either and just loans. Apparently.

While I'd have no doubt believing Ashley being capable of something cunt-ish like that, I doubt it going by some of the most recent Hughton quotes.

Former West Ham striker Ilan is being chased by a host of clubs from around England and Europe, skysports.com understands.

:nope:

I hope skysports.com are ready for their letter too.

Former West Ham striker Ilan is being chased by a host of clubs from around England and Europe, skysports.com understands.

hes free fits into ma's budget

hes free fits into ma's budget

Betcha we end up with John Inman's corpse.

Would love ilan from what I saw of him. Fingers crossed.

well he changed his tune from a few months ago if he does decide to stay here.....

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6087247,00.html

"He also confirmed that he was set to leave England when his deal at West Ham expires.

"Whatever happens, I'm going to leave England. I have received offers from France and Spain and even from three clubs from Brazil," he continued.

"If I get a good offer, like from a Brazilian team that wants to win the Copa Libertadores, then of course money will not be the only factor that matters.

"I am 29 years old and still think that I can achieve a lot in football.""

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/8728910.stm

Newcastle boss Chris Hughton is keen to fend off interest from rival clubs for striker Andy Carroll.

Premier League champions Chelsea have been linked with the 21-year-old, whose 17 league goals last season were key to Newcastle's top-flight return.

Hughton insists he has had no contact from the west London club

£7m was the rumorued amount Chelsea are looking to bid

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/06/06/1961642/chelsea-to-bid-7m-for-andy-carroll-of-newcastle-united