NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Heneage

I really don't want Lukaku as mental as that sounds. I just don't think he's going to be as good as proclaimed.

I see that Taiwo has confirmed he will leave Marseille this summer. Would be a great player for us if Enrique leave, but i think he want a bigger club than what we are atm. Liverpool would be my guess.

TT may be unrealistic at this moment, but we should look at Oscar Wendt of Copenhagen if Enrique is going to be sold. He's actually been heavily linked to OM to replace Taiwo and is available on a free transfer. If we sell Enrique and replace him with a player of that quality on a free transfer, I will happy with the business we have done. Assuming we spend that money elsewehere.

Not sure Wendt is ready to step into the Premiership yet. He needs to learn his trade in a slightly better league than the Danish one. Talented player but his physical presence isn't close to Enriques. Good left foot and work ethic though, starting for Sweden now.

Aye, Lukaku's already been monitored by a lot of top clubs, no chance of him coming here.

For 17, he looks amazing and well worth a massive bid.

You're probably right, but we would be able to offer him regular first-team football, because already he looks miles better than anyone else we've got. In four years' time, he'd be able to get his move to the likes of Real.

Trouble is, the likes of Spurs would be able to offer the same, plus European football and the advantages of London. Still, I'm not sure if it's quite as hopeless a chase as you're saying.

The other thought in my head is it would probably do Ranger some good if he was playing with someone of around his age who's actually better than him. I think he's lazy and has been doing just enough to get by, and this might give him the kick he needs.

Well, I can dream, can't I.

Maybe this is the kind of club he would come to? It's not like joining Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man Utd etc who already have established strikeforces, here, he'd be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

The difference between us and Anderlecht, however?

Think he'll stay in Belgium for a couple more years and move to England or Spain when he's good enough to be first choice at a top club. Not really much of a point in having a step in between.

Getting the f*** out of Belgium perhaps?

As if any sane person would ever choose to live in England over Belgium.

His home country at the end of the day ...

Don't forget Anderlecht are currently top of their league, and look set to be in the Champions League next season. I don't think we have anything that can compete with that, for the time being.

I saw that before, didn't think it was worth posting up. Lukaku man, would make Carroll look like Peter crouch.

Just checked him out on a well-known video-clip site.

Bloody hell.

Got a link mate couldn't find him on redtube.

Playing every week in the Premiership rather than the Belgian league with a few Champions League games thrown in would be better for his development, I'd imagine.

As others have said though, there'll be several better clubs who'll want him if he does leave so absolutely fuck all chance of it happening. Mike Ashley is our chairman, also.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/860270-romelu-lukaku-spurs-move-to-be-hijacked-by-newcastle-in-crouch-deal#ixzz1IsRWiZqh

Romelu Lukaku Spurs move 'to be hijacked by Newcastle' in Crouch deal

Newcastle United are believed to be preparing a £19.2million swoop for Anderlecht star Romelu Lukaku with Spurs also keen as Peter Crouch's future remains unclear at White Hart Lane after his Champions League sending-off.

Newcastle scouts, including manager Alan Pardew, are believed to have been interested in 17-year-old Belgium international Lukaku for some time, but were reluctant to invest in youth so soon after being promoted back into the Premier League.

But with the sale of Andy Carrol to Liverpool and an aging stock, Lukaku's presence could inject flair back upfront at St. James' Park.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp had signaled interest in Lukaku, who stands at 6ft 3in, however a price-tag of £26million in January had deterred any further negotiations.

While Spurs and Newcastle weigh up their options, out of favour Peter Crouch could be used as trade-bait in either deal.

With high wage demands a key factor, a likely scenario could see Crouch move to Newcastle to free up room at Tottenham for Lukaku's arrival.

The England international has in the past said he enjoys playing on Tyneside and a mutual respect from both player and club could pave the way for a deal.

'Whenever I have played Newcastle I have always enjoyed the occasion,' Crouch was quoted as saying.

'When they were relegated it was disappointing for the whole league.'

A likely scenario? More like utter bollocks.

Playing every week in the Premiership rather than the Belgian league with a few Champions League games thrown in would be better for his development, I'd imagine.

As others have said though, there'll be several better clubs who'll want him if he does leave so absolutely f*** all chance of it happening. Mike Ashley is our chairman, also.

He isn't.