NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

We need more pace all over the park IMO. Above average perm speed should be a minimum for midfielders and attackers, preferably one or two lightening fast players in there as well.

Another Kevin Nolan speed player and were fuked, were carrying one load of slow baggage already, we cannot afford to carry more.

I was talking about Snodgrass as a replacement for Nolan, tbh. If not starting in place of him, coming on for the last 20 minutes - when Nolan is next to completely useless.

Guest Chubby Jason

I don't care how good he is, we should not be singing players with names like "Snodgrass". Not the done thing I'm afraid.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11682_6897858,00.html

Not good enough, from the games i have seen.

He's the best defender in the Championship imo.

I've suggested him a few times as a replacement for Taylor.

It can't be denied that he is premier league quality after being exceptional in the Championship these last two seasons. From what I have seen he is generally the leader of the defence, in the same way Colo is for us. Imo he would be a fantastic signing.

Guest scottishmag54

depends how much snodgrass would cost of course have seen him a few times and thought he was decent but obviously hes not played at  premiership level

His club have been very quick to rubbish it as complete nonsense. I sincerely doubt that Graham Carr was actually in Korea.

Probably the hottest young Korean prospect out there right now but he's certainly not the finished product and isn't a prolific goalscorer by nature so certainly not what we need.

Would be cheap I suppose.

Article in our press

Sources have claimed that 20-year old Junnam Dragons striker Ji Dong-Won is on his way to the Premier League.

The Daily Mail, an English newspaper, reported on the 28th that "Having failed in their pursuit of Ligue 1 star Kevin Gameiro, Newcastle United are now taking a look at Korean international Ji Dong-Won. Head scout Graham Carr was in Korea last week to personally observe Ji and was pleased with what he saw."

Newcastle United is currently suffering from a lack of options in attack, to the extent that midfielder Kevin Nolan (12 goals) is their leading scorer. They have also failed to replace star striker Andy Carroll after his move to Liverpool.

Kwon Hyun-Gyu, head of player management at Chunnam Dragons said that "We have heard nothing of this Newcastle scout that was supposedly at the match. We're struggling in the league right now and will not sell the player in the middle of the season." Ji's agent also rubbished the rumors by claiming "there is no truth to it. We would have been informed if a club scout had come to Korea. We have nothing to do with it."

Guest DairylandMag

Hey all,

Don't want to be a self-promoter, but a friend and I started a U.S.-based NUFC blog a few months back. I figured this post might be of interest in this thread: http://www.newcastleunited.us/2011/04/larssons-agent-no-contact-from-nufc.html

Make of that what you will. Pardew said a little while back that the club was talking with a couple players that were out of contract in the summer. Obviously Larsson can't reach a pre-contract agreement with a Premiership club, but you'd still think teams would be making their interest known at this stage.

Article in our press

Sources have claimed that 20-year old Junnam Dragons striker Ji Dong-Won is on his way to the Premier League.

The Daily Mail, an English newspaper, reported on the 28th that "Having failed in their pursuit of Ligue 1 star Kevin Gameiro, Newcastle United are now taking a look at Korean international Ji Dong-Won. Head scout Graham Carr was in Korea last week to personally observe Ji and was pleased with what he saw."

Newcastle United is currently suffering from a lack of options in attack, to the extent that midfielder Kevin Nolan (12 goals) is their leading scorer. They have also failed to replace star striker Andy Carroll after his move to Liverpool.

Kwon Hyun-Gyu, head of player management at Chunnam Dragons said that "We have heard nothing of this Newcastle scout that was supposedly at the match. We're struggling in the league right now and will not sell the player in the middle of the season." Ji's agent also rubbished the rumors by claiming "there is no truth to it. We would have been informed if a club scout had come to Korea. We have nothing to do with it."

Hope we sign him, just so all our games are on TV over here next year. :lol:

Article in our press

It's true though, clubs are infomed of the presence of a scout if they're not just some shit semi-pro side in a shit league/nation.

Article in our press

It's true though, clubs are infomed of the presence of a scout if they're not just some s*** semi-pro side in a s*** league/nation.

Ah.... :whistle:

Guest Roger Kint

Suffering so much a 12 goal midfielder is top scorer, unlike the 12 teams whose top scorer has less than him? Are their strikers not suffering to be below him like?  ;D

On a serious note the sun today following on the Snodgrass theme with 'Pardew wants to inject more pace into his side next season. And he is convinced Snodgrass can excite Magpies fans the same way Chris Waddle and David Ginola did in the past.'

Pace? ???

Today's Sun has Chelsea 'closing in' on Lukaku btw. £18m. :lol:

Fair play if they sign him like. As for a while people have been saying that Chelsea need to bring in some younger players, due to the age of their team. Drogba would be the perfect role model for him as well.

The cunts.

Guest Roger Kint

chelsea getting lukaku could release either sturridge or anelka onto the market. even if anelka were gettable i'd be wary of a players commitment 'stepping down' from that level.

Be surprised if they let Sturridge go before Anelka. Fits the home grown criteria and Anelka is getting a bit now.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-News-Nicolas-Anelka-and-Florent-Malouda-head-Chelsea-s-sumer-clearout-article728799.html

Florent Malouda and Nicolas Anelka are set to head the casualty list as Chelsea plan a second summer revamp.

Defenders Paulo Ferreira, Jose Bosingwa and Yuri Zhirkov will also go, with the Stamford Bridge hierarchy preparing a radical overhaul of the squad over the next two years. And the future of Didier Drogba is up in the air as Blues bosses want the squad tailored to the ­requirements of £50million Fernando Torres rather than the Ivory Coast striker.

I'd quite happily take Malouda and Anelka.