NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest bimpy474

Sick of being linked to all these average squad players. 2 or 3 quality players is what we need, not more dross to pad out the dross we already have.

How often are the papers right though? They only linked us with Tiote after we'd bid.

Exactly !! 99.99% of the stories are made up nonsense, especially so in our case with the way the press treats us....i never can figure out the worry about the rumours, its a bullsh**.

Shane Long is a fucking horrendous striker.

not from what i've seen this season, when i've watched reading and him playing for ireland especially last game against uruguay he was outstanding that game

Guest Heneage

Sick of being linked to all these average squad players. 2 or 3 quality players is what we need, not more dross to pad out the dross we already have.

How often are the papers right though? They only linked us with Tiote after we'd bid.

Exactly !! 99.99% of the stories are made up nonsense, especially so in our case with the way the press treats us....i never can figure out the worry about the rumours, its a bullsh**.

Well I'd say some are born with thought we were linked with Puncheon he doesn't look likely to stay at Blackpool and we have a cheap owner.

Well I'd say some are born with thought we were linked with Puncheon he doesn't look likely to stay at Blackpool and we have a cheap owner.

That's exactly what they are though, wild guesses.

"Hmm... I need to fabricate a story today to fill my quota -> NUFC probably need a winger -> Ashley is a cheapass -> Pardew used to manage Southampton -> voila, Puncheon!"

Guest Heneage

"Hmm... I need to fabricate a story today to fill my quota -> NUFC probably need a winger -> Ashley is a cheapass -> Pardew used to manage Southampton -> voila, Puncheon!"

It was more the nonsense bit I was contesting mate. Your beautiful diagram explained my post better.  :thup:

Guest bimpy474

It was more the nonsense bit I was contesting mate. Your beautiful diagram explained my post better.  :thup:

It was a near perfect way to explain it, wished i'd put it that way. :)

If I was going to reluctantly take any striker from the Championship it would have to be Danny Graham.

He's a Newcastle lad isn't he? A fairly consistent poacher over the last few years, wouldn't say no if we somehow shift Lovenkrands and loan Ranger

We've already got far too many squad fillers. Not enough quality.

Man Utd only have three strikers and one squad filler and they fight on four fronts every season. Ben Arfa isn't even a striker anyway.

So basically you're advocating having one striker, one playmaker/winger shoved up front and then a shitload of backups who range from decent on their day to downright pointless. Even if they're all on £15k per week that's enough to pay two good ones instead. I just think it's false logic, and typical of the type of 'risk management' we've seen under Ashley - bring in lots of cheap players and just hope some of them increase in value.

The choice of striker we bring in will say a lot about our ambition or lack of. If after banking £35m we are still looking at strikers like Long and Puncheon to replace Carroll then premier survival is the name of the game for now and as long as Ashley owns the club.

Doesn't mean that's how it will pan out though....Pardew has been making noises about a top quality striker being his no 1 priority. Now let's see that backed up with action.

Even more tellingly, they have made a bid for Kevin Gameiro of Lorient, one of Europe’s most highly-rated emerging strikers, and have also tabled an offer for Toulouse defender Cheikh M’Bengue.

Even more tellingly, they have made a bid for Kevin Gameiro of Lorient, one of Europe’s most highly-rated emerging strikers, and have also tabled an offer for Toulouse defender Cheikh M’Bengue.

I know it's never going to happen yet I can't help but get a little excited at the thought of us signing Gameiro.

http://www.rtbf.be/sport/football/detail_proto-la-priorite-de-newcastle?id=6040133

Silvio Proto linked again, says we've had scouts watching him lately. Hopefully we've had scouts watching Anderlecht anyway and this is just their press putting two and two together.

Wouldn't be averse to a cheeky bid for Lucas Biglia.

Hope so too....very good player and would probably fancy a move to a bigger league having played there for 5 seasons now.

:pedro:

Gameiro looks bloody great, really hope we get him but he may be a bit ambitious for our level. Fingers crossed eh

http://www.rtbf.be/sport/football/detail_proto-la-priorite-de-newcastle?id=6040133

Silvio Proto linked again, says we've had scouts watching him lately. Hopefully we've had scouts watching Anderlecht anyway and this is just their press putting two and two together.

Wouldn't be averse to a cheeky bid for Lucas Biglia.

:thup:

Would fulfill the post I made in the 'Midfield' thread.

Marca reported weeks ago that he has told his agents he only wants to play in Spain.

'wants" can mean many things, it doesn't necessarily mean he'll only play in spain, it all depends on the offer from wherever. if he's offered £20kpw from sevilla or £40kpw from bayern munich i'd doubt he'd go to spain.

Marca reported weeks ago that he has told his agents he only wants to play in Spain.

'wants" can mean many things, it doesn't necessarily mean he'll only play in spain, it all depends on the offer from wherever. if he's offered £20kpw from sevilla or £40kpw from bayern munich i'd doubt he'd go to spain.

A lot of talk Villareal are keen on him, and see him as the ideal replacement if Rossi is to leave. My mistake in the previous post, Marca actually reported that Gameiro has told his agents to make a move to Villareal priority.

Unsure we'd be able to compete with them.