NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

If Samba or Hangeland leave their clubs it'll only be for a top 6 club imo. 

Wonder if we could convince them we're trying to be one.

Would be kind of useless to not try at least, but hay, why try when you can just give up and not risk looking like a loser club?

everyone (i've seen) is putting "football reasons" at the top of the list as why we might not tempt them, when in reality we wouldn't likely be willing to pay them a significant enough upgrade on their $'s to make such a risky move at this point in both their careers

Guest Loven11

STEPHEN WARNOCK is understood to be interesting Newcastle United.

The Magpies are also continuing to monitor the situation of Malaga’s La Liga hotshot Jose Salomon Rondon, with the Venezuela international looking odds on to quit the Spanish outfit this summer after a superb campaign.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/05/10/nufc-eyeing-aston-villa-s-stephen-warnock-72703-28666354/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Guest BooBoo

Warnock is exactly the sort of calibre of players that I expect us to be looking at, ie highly mediocre-yet-cheap.

Rondon, know nowt about him but signing a young spanish striker? Hmmm, we've been there before.

Warnock is exactly the sort of calibre of players that I expect us to be looking at, ie highly mediocre-yet-cheap.

Rondon, know nowt about him but signing a young spanish striker? Hmmm, we've been there before.

Should stay well clear of Warnock, villa fans tend to think he's shite.

Rondon isn't spanish. havent seen him play much, what do the forum la liga nerds think about him?

From what I've seen and read of him he looks like he'd be a bit more adept to the Premier League than Luque or Xisco, like. Bit of a battering ram type centre forward, decent pace and scores goals. Not a flat-out target man though.

There's always a risk with signing  21 year olds in foreign leagues, but I'd prefer that kind of a risk than average 'know what you're gonna get' forwards already here like Carlton Cole.

Might want to be signing any South Americans before the Copa.

Indeed. There will be plenty of clubs after the both of them this summer.

Levante will struggle to re-sign Caicedo, he's definitely worth a £6 million bid.

I'm a bit iffy on Caicedo because he never really hit it off for City, and looked a bit of a donkey but then again he joined at a difficult period.

He's definitely got some talent there though, he's showed it now he's managed to settle somewhere and get a run of games.

12 in 25 for Levante this year n'all. Wasn't there something about him having a cheap get-out from Man City, too? Might just be to Levante, though. Would suggest City aren't arsed though. I'd take a punt on him.

12 in 25 for Levante this year n'all. Wasn't there something about him having a cheap get-out from Man City, too? Might just be to Levante, though. Would suggest City aren't arsed though. I'd take a punt on him.

Anyone seen Rondon at Malaga before? Look like they will be relegated this year. 21 year old Venezuelan with a lot of skill.

Rondon looks very promising actually, but he'd cost a lot. Also think Caicedo has done well at Levante too.

Good shout on Caicedo. Would be a cheaper option.

Levante have an option to buy Caicedo for €1 million (£840,000), and are expected to use this option, with a view to selling him again if a club matches their €5m (£4.2m) asking price.

Can Caicedo not just turn them down?

He could but I think what'll happen is basically Levante will accept the bid they receive from Caicedo as soon as they get him so effectively the team he moves on to pays City as Levante are flat broke. He'd have to be a bit of dick to turn them down as they've really put him in the shop window this season.

I saw him play live a couple of weeks when I went to Spain and definitely reckon he could do a job. He was the only out ball for a very poor Levante team and worked hard for his team chasing long balls, he also played for and won a pen more or less by himself before tucking it away. He isn't the most technically gifted player but with a bit of confidence behind him from this season scoring goals in a shit team and having past experience and the physical brutality for the Prem I don't see why we wouldn't do ok.

Guest sicko2ndbest

By the way I don't think Gameiro is a goer. He has blocked me from twitter. I only sent him one message asking him to join :)

Those on twitter try and access him @K_Gameiro9