NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest sicko2ndbest

Carr has directly contributed to the 'discovery' of one excellent player. One.

Not saying he isn't good at his job and I sincerely hope he's able to spot some more players of Tiote's quality but it's still just one player.

I'm pretty sure he's been doing his job since Feb last year, so roughly 15 months. That's a pretty good return.

I think he was directly responsible for HBA as well

Newcastle ready to pounce on Larsson

by Mark Douglas, The Journal

May 7 2011

NEWCASTLE United are ready to pounce for Sebastian Larsson this summer – but not until after they’ve had a chance to sample him up close and personal this afternoon.

United were granted permission to speak to the Sweden midfielder in the January transfer window but failed to agree terms after Birmingham quickly changed their minds about selling him.

That came as a sizeable blow to Newcastle, who had hoped to broker a £1.5million deal for the player – only to see him snatched from under their noses. Now boss Alan Pardew, desperate to secure a genuine wide player to add competition to his squad, has included Larsson high on his list of wanted players.

Out-of-contract at the end of the year, Sunderland and Bolton are among his suitors while Birmingham have not given up hope of persuading him to stay at St Andrews. Senior sources on Wearside have even gone as far as suggesting that a deal to take him to the Stadium of Light is in offing.

Indeed his superb form in the second half of the season has alerted other teams too but Newcastle will not be deterred in the summer chase for the talented winger, who scored in the relegation clash against Wolves last weekend.

Larsson will be Birmingham’s chief threat at St James’ Park today and while his future is far from certain, there is no doubt about his commitment to the cause in the Second City.

“I can’t talk for any other players (in a similar situation), but there has never been any doubt in my mind, whenever I have pulled a shirt on I want to give my best,” the winger said this week. “Whatever happens with my contract – or doesn’t happen – I don’t want to get relegated, just as much as anyone else doesn’t.

“I have been at this club for five years, I have got a lot of feeling for this club. It’s never entered my mind not to give my all.”

Pardew’s priorities are a left-back, two central midfielders and two strikers but the club are monitoring a number of free agents – of which Larsson is near the head of the list.

Striker Jay Bothroyd, who made his England debut this season, is another while Newcastle have also been linked with Coventry City goalkeeper Keiren Westwood.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/05/07/newcastle-ready-to-pounce-on-larsson-61634-28650342/#ixzz1LekIkGcJ

Newcastle ready to pounce on Larsson

by Mark Douglas, The Journal

May 7 2011

NEWCASTLE United are ready to pounce for Sebastian Larsson this summer – but not until after they’ve had a chance to sample him up close and personal this afternoon.

United were granted permission to speak to the Sweden midfielder in the January transfer window but failed to agree terms after Birmingham quickly changed their minds about selling him.

That came as a sizeable blow to Newcastle, who had hoped to broker a £1.5million deal for the player – only to see him snatched from under their noses. Now boss Alan Pardew, desperate to secure a genuine wide player to add competition to his squad, has included Larsson high on his list of wanted players.

Out-of-contract at the end of the year, Sunderland and Bolton are among his suitors while Birmingham have not given up hope of persuading him to stay at St Andrews. Senior sources on Wearside have even gone as far as suggesting that a deal to take him to the Stadium of Light is in offing.

Indeed his superb form in the second half of the season has alerted other teams too but Newcastle will not be deterred in the summer chase for the talented winger, who scored in the relegation clash against Wolves last weekend.

Larsson will be Birmingham’s chief threat at St James’ Park today and while his future is far from certain, there is no doubt about his commitment to the cause in the Second City.

“I can’t talk for any other players (in a similar situation), but there has never been any doubt in my mind, whenever I have pulled a shirt on I want to give my best,” the winger said this week. “Whatever happens with my contract – or doesn’t happen – I don’t want to get relegated, just as much as anyone else doesn’t.

“I have been at this club for five years, I have got a lot of feeling for this club. It’s never entered my mind not to give my all.”

Pardew’s priorities are a left-back, two central midfielders and two strikers but the club are monitoring a number of free agents – of which Larsson is near the head of the list.

Striker Jay Bothroyd, who made his England debut this season, is another while Newcastle have also been linked with Coventry City goalkeeper Keiren Westwood.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/05/07/newcastle-ready-to-pounce-on-larsson-61634-28650342/#ixzz1LekIkGcJ

:dowie:

His set pieces are better than Bartons ;)

This is really the main reason why we need to sign him. We have no good set piece taker bar Raylor who let's be honest, suck at pretty much everything else.

Larsson strengths are workrate, crossing and set pieces. And he does that very well. However it all depends on how we are going to play next year. If Larsson comes, means Barton will have to move into the centre (if we dont take injuries into considerations). But like people said, as a free, we need to get him.

I've wanted him here for a good 3 years, like.

I've wanted him for 4.

Ive been scouting him since he was a wee kipper in Sweden.

I've wanted him since his ancestors descended from Asgaard or whatever the Swedish creation myth is supposed to be.

Genesis 1:27 -  So God created mankind in his own image,

in the image of God he created them;

male and female and Sebba Larrson he created them.

I had him earmarked after I heard about this from the big man.

Guest Roger Kint

The official Bordeaux site saying ourselves, Wolves, Osasuna and Basle have representatives at their match this weekend. Wonder who we've got our eye on?

Off the top of my head i can only think of Gouffran, Modeste and Plasil that play for them so better ask colocho if theres any good players there.

Edit: just seen the above, i remember reading that a while back too

Edit 2: wiki says he has 2 years left on his deal so free maybe not true.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The official Bordeaux site saying ourselves, Wolves, Osasuna and Basle have representatives at their match this weekend. Wonder who we've got our eye on?

Who are they playing?

I've wanted him here for a good 3 years, like.

Same here. He's not quick which isn't ideal for a wide man but his delivery is excellent. He will give the strikers quality service. I know we've got Barton on the right at the moment but it's Larsson's natural position.