NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Fantastic logic to offer less than they paid just after he's had a great season. :lol:

Good job it's total bollocks or that would be really embarrassing...

Just the kind of thing the people running OUR club at the minute would do.

It's looking [retty obvious that we've lodged a bid then. However the intentions behind the bid remain to be seen. Until I see him in a Newcastle shirt, I think i'll assume this is none other than attempt to drive up a few season ticket sales.

After all, if we were serious we wouldn't be bidding for their player of the season for less than what they paid for him. If this was a serious bid, it doesnt make sense, bidding 4.8M for a player that was signed for 8M. Fuck off man, as if that was ever going to be taken seriously.

Looks like he doesn't want to move anyway  http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11820_6239891,00.html

It's looking [retty obvious that we've lodged a bid then. However the intentions behind the bid remain to be seen. Until I see him in a Newcastle shirt, I think i'll assume this is none other than attempt to drive up a few season ticket sales.

After all, if we were serious we wouldn't be bidding for their player of the season for less than what they paid for him.

Why would they bid for a player that barely anyone has heard of to drive up season ticket sales?

They probably thought they could get a player they'd looked at on the cheap due to the clubs position and got told where to go. If this story isn't complete crap that is...

After all, if we were serious we wouldn't be bidding for their player of the season for less than what they paid for him.

Why would they bid for a player that barely anyone has heard of to drive up season ticket sales?

They probably thought they could get a player they'd looked at on the cheap due to the clubs position and got told where to go. If this story isn't complete crap that is...

Are PSG in financial trouble? Or are you just assuming that, because it's really the only logical explanation.

Are PSG in financial trouble? Or are you just assuming that, because it's really the only logical explanation.

Sorry I was more referring to their league position last year and possible financial position. It's all guesswork at the end of the day, but I just personally would have thought if they were going to underbid for players as a smokescreen it would be for a player the majority of fans would have heard of (Michael Johnson etc).

Us make a bid  :mackems: would love for it to be true and we had made an offer, just too see what he would have done if it had been accepted.  :frantic:

The player would have "failed" his medical than.

Us make a bid  :mackems: would love for it to be true and we had made an offer, just too see what he would have done if it had been accepted.  :frantic:

The player would have "failed" his medical than.

no no it would not have gone that far, we have to pay for medicals.

Guest BooBoo

It's pretty sad how cynical the Ashley era has made our supporters, and I include myself in that.

The vast majority of our supporters just don't seem to understand the concept of building foundations before the walls.

To me, that's even more sad.

:lol:

some things will always be the same though

It wouldn't surprise me if we are seriously bidding for players - it just probably means that a player or some players in our current squad are going to be sold. Even if the club really does mean the "no capital outlay" statement then, to me, that means a net spend of zero on buying/selling, it does not not mean that we won't buy anyone.

There's little doubt any bid would be serious.  Or can someone tell me the point of publicly playing down spending on players and then making fake bids to make it look like we will spend? (especially on players most fans have never heard of), that's schizophrenic behaviour.

Or have I just identified Ashley's secret problem? :lol:

Guest je85

I asked my French mate from uni who's a Monaco fan and keeps up to date with Ligue 1 about Erdinc, he replied "He's awesome! Can newcastle afford him? He is the reason Monaco are not in europe next year... (paris beat us in the french cup final).Definitely would be a great asset to Newcastle."

The vast majority of our supporters just don't seem to understand the concept of building foundations before the walls.

And then you have the likes of Skirge, who was angry that we didn't spend £3m on Beckford and roughly the same on Moses.

Evidently, a club with a limited budget clearly needs to be spending a combined £6m on two attackers who are not/only proven at Championship level. If only we had such realistic and calculating fans in Ashley's seat.

And then you have the likes of Skirge, who was angry that we didn't spend £3m on Beckford and roughly the same on Moses.

Evidently, a club with a limited budget clearly needs to be spending a combined £6m on two attackers who are not/only proven at Championship level. If only we had such realistic and calculating fans in Ashley's seat.

3 mill could be considered a real snip for Beckford,as some self-esteemed "experts" have likened him to a young Andy Cole.