NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Heneage

This reads like total bollocks. Apparently despite the fact he's just signed for Benfica, for around €8.5m, 'Derek Llambias' who was holidaying in the Algarve was willing to spend up to €15m to bring him to 'the land of her majesty'.(That bit just makes me laugh.)

It's a non story, the guy's just signed and is to be their starting goalie, and the price quoted is way out of our league and especially on a position that's arguably our strongest.

Ready to offer 15m euros should ruin that rumour ;)

Google translate:

After much questioning the 8.5 million spent by embodied in its acquisition, now appears the Newcastle willing to commit a folly to rescue what should be the holder of the goal of national champion next season.

When the CM was found, the team newly promoted to the Premier League is ready to offer up to 15 million euros to return the land to Her Majesty with a further strengthening in the luggage. Benfica's interest already know English, but for now, does not admit of entering into dialogue, given the importance that Jorge Jesus recognizes the player for 24 years now that the season starts.

But the story does not end here. When the CM was found, Derek Llambias, vice-chairman of Newcastle, is to enjoy their holidays at a hotel in the Algarve, awaiting orders to travel to the capital to close the deal with Luis Filipe Vieira.

Although not inclined to sell its latest enhancement, Vieira acknowledges that any profit that might fit the SAD (6.5 million) in just over eight days at the club would bring other arguments to attack new players, including another goalkeeper .

In this context, Eduardo, 'keeper' of SC Braga and the national team, is back in orbit of the red. With a term of four million, the athlete of 27 years has already announced that will not be in the Minho and the alien would be the most viable hypothesis. Arsenal, Bayern and Genoa are the candidates for their assistance. However, the possibility of staying in Portugal, a club with another projection and allowing it to play in the Champions League, you can change the course of events.

Absolutely beautiful, its as if the Minister wrote this.

So it suggests we've gone in for the expensive goalie they only signed recently, and they might sell him after only 8 days and replace him with Eduardo (who had a good World Cup)?

That has to go down as one of the craziest transfer stories in quite some time.  Just imagine we really spent £12.5m on a keeper :lol:

Worth doing if he's the size of a bus!

That has to go down as one of the craziest transfer stories in quite some time.  Just imagine we really spent £12.5m on a keeper :lol:

It's literally unimaginable. It's so stupid my mind refuses to even imagine it... I just black out if I try.

106 league games and 8 goals?

no thank you

(PS: Wikipedia say he is a striker, and i only looked at his stats)

He's a midfielder.

as i said, i based it on wikipedia.   Still not very impressing for a midfielder. Pancrate has better stats in france, and he is shit.

Never seen him play, based only on wikipedia stats. :)

no thank you

He's a midfielder.

as i said, i based it on wikipedia.   Still not very impressing for a midfielder. Pancrate has better stats in france, and he is s***.

if hes a midfielder the stats compare very favourably wirh jonas's 4 goals in 57.

no thank you

He's a midfielder.

as i said, i based it on wikipedia.   Still not very impressing for a midfielder. Pancrate has better stats in france, and he is s***.

if hes a midfielder the stats compare very favourably wirh jonas's 4 goals in 57.

yeah, Rather we got players that actually produces something this time around. Jonas only started doing it in the championship.

If anything happens to Jonas, we're down to pushing Guthrie, Barton or Lovenkrands out there. A cheap left-sided winger as cover is crucial imo. Could be a handy signing in the Pancrate mould.

If possible, i want us to find british players, or atleast players that want to be here. We've had enough assassins, grabbing their money and offering nothing. If possible.

Totally agree we need cover, and will not judge him till he has had the chance to prove himself.

Assassins?  :lol:

:D

well, they cost alot, and offered little, so might as well just call them thieves. Or they got a lot of money, however the only thing our players could kill was our own club.

(should include everyone except shay from last years transfer in that.)

If anything happens to Jonas, we're down to pushing Guthrie, Barton or Lovenkrands out there. A cheap left-sided winger as cover is crucial imo. Could be a handy signing in the Pancrate mould.

If possible, i want us to find british players, or atleast players that want to be here. We've had enough assassins, grabbing their money and offering nothing. If possible.

Totally agree we need cover, and will not judge him till he has had the chance to prove himself.

Yes, because English players would never join us for our money.