NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

We'd easily get our money back for Sturridge even if we paid £15m for him, it's absolute madness if he's available and we're not after him.

Agreed its the definition of a no brainer. Young, talented and we'll prob double fee that if he moves on in a few years can't see a great deal of risk with this one.

Guest Antec

Taylor, Barnetta, Matuidi and Sturridge.

Few outgoings and you could get that lot for around net £25 million. :(

I like the sound of that

Nope, no risk involved whatsoever about spending £15m+ on one player. That's worked out well in the past :lol:

In context at the minute it's a good price, it's nothing compared to the AC or Torres fees. Obviously all hypothetical at the minute but if he was available for that price I'd rip their arm off.

After the financial cap starts falling into place we may see the end of these crazy transfers (or atleast a big decrease in them) so I wouldn't be so sure about the certainty of getting our money back.

man football has changed huh?  used to be the time we'd look at a prospective signing in the hope he'd play in the first team for many years and score shitloads of goals :lol:

After the financial cap starts falling into place we may see the end of these crazy transfers (or atleast a big decrease in them) so I wouldn't be so sure about the certainty of getting our money back.

man football has changed huh?  used to be the time we'd look at a prospective signing in the hope he'd play in the first team for many years and score shitloads of goals :lol:

As a fan obviosly thats what I do hope, clearly this is not how our current owner wants to operate though, sadly. :no:

Think it's safe to say that if we do make a serious bid for Sturridge, it wont be at this stage of the transfer window.

be nice to think the early 'cheap' deals are intended to leave the finance in place for the possibility of sturridge becoming available like, can't see it myself however

Dunno if that would be "nice" seeing as we could lose a few players at the end of the window, not get Sturridge or whoever and end up with a big bag of money and nee players again.

I really hope Villas-Boas doesn't rate Sturridge. But i can see Villas-Boas trying to get rid of old players and play younger players like Sturridge.

Think it's safe to say that if we do make a serious bid for Sturridge, it wont be at this stage of the transfer window.

be nice to think the early 'cheap' deals are intended to leave the finance in place for the possibility of sturridge becoming available like, can't see it myself however

Dunno if that would be "nice" seeing as we could lose a few players at the end of the window, not get Sturridge or whoever and end up with a big bag of money and nee players again.

i meant it'd be nice to think that was the plan, to spend the money, rather than the plan being just to get some players in cheap

Striker pleads for £10m Toon switch

EatSleepSport - ‎39 minutes ago‎

QPR striker Adel Taarabt has told Newcastle boss Alan Pardew he is keen on completing a £10m move to St James' Park. Despite helping QPR win promotion back to the Premier League last season, Taarabt is keen to leave Loftus Road after the Championship ..

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/newcastle-united/striker-pleads-for-10m-toon-switch-1228720.html

Striker pleads for £10m Toon switch

EatSleepSport - ‎39 minutes ago‎

QPR striker Adel Taarabt has told Newcastle boss Alan Pardew he is keen on completing a £10m move to St James' Park. Despite helping QPR win promotion back to the Premier League last season, Taarabt is keen to leave Loftus Road after the Championship ..

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/newcastle-united/striker-pleads-for-10m-toon-switch-1228720.html

please no

Guest WashyGeordie

So far, we've sold Nolan for 4Mill and signed Cabaye for 4.5Mill. Marveaux and Ba both signed on a free, aye?

If so, this means we still have 34.5Mill? Or, would some of that been used on wages?

At the same time though we still have to reduce our wages as their still high aren't they? (and/or reduce the 'dead wood' aka. Smith etc)

But then we still have to keep enough cover for the rest of the season, which is probablies why we haven't spent much into the £35mil yet (and let Nolan go) but even if we don't, we must improve our squad at all costs.

So far, we've sold Nolan for 4Mill and signed Cabaye for 4.5Mill. Marveaux and Ba both signed on a free, aye?

If so, this means we still have 34.5Mill? Or, would some of that been used on wages?

At the same time though we still have to reduce our wages as their still high aren't they? (and/or reduce the 'dead wood' aka. Smith etc)

Which is probablies why we haven't spent much into the £35mil yet, but even if we don't, we must improve our squad at all costs.

Its common knowledge that the £35m has to go towards wages too but still we have a net spend of about £500k so far this window, if Perch, Best and Smith do go there's three wages free'd up.

There will be hell if come the close of the window MA has not reinvested most of the £35m.

Guest WashyGeordie

Which is probablies why we haven't spent much into the £35mil yet, but even if we don't, we must improve our squad at all costs.

Its common knowledge that the £35m has to go towards wages too but still we have a net spend of about £500k so far this window if Perch, Best and Smith do go there's three wages free'd up.

There will be hell if come the close of the window MA has not reinvested most of the £35m.

Anar that, but just 'cos we've got £35mil to spend on transfers doesn't mean he's suddenly going to break the 'wage cap' if the wages are too high to start with.

And if he doesn't re-invest most of the money, but still improves the squad to a significant degree, then i'll be happy. We might even keep some 'til Jan, or next year!