NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

No quotes, The Mirror. Even if we do get him, he's not going to be playing every week. He'll be replacing LuaLua/Routledge as wing cover.

I'd rather let Routledge stay if we're seriously in for Treacy.

It's stories like this that are so leftfield that worry me. I can tolerate being linked with Robbie Keane and whoever safe in the knowledge we're not going to buy him but this. It doesn't even begin to make sense.

It's stories like this that are so leftfield that worry me. I can tolerate being linked with Robbie Keane and whoever safe in the knowledge we're not going to buy him but this. It doesn't even begin to make sense.

Sounds like the Pratley story to me tbf.

Hate it when stories like this come out. Gets me proper worried regardless. Keith Treacy FFS.

They'll have seen that we're in for wingers, that so far we've paid minimal fees for players (Cabaye's being relative) and that this lad's played in the Premier League before.

Random name AND quite specific. Worrying. :hmm:

Newcastle have made a surprise enquiry about Preston winger Keith Treacy.

And Magpies boss Alan Pardew is ready to gamble on the Irishman by handing him a spot in the Premier League.

As good as signed. :lol:

Can't really see why we'd transfer list Routledge and then go for Keith Treacy

They'd play what, 5-10 games at most? Plus Treacy would be even cheaper still.

Routledge is twice the player this shmuck is.

Guest elbee909

He's not even got a good footballer's name.  There are hardly any decent Keiths.  Ok, Gillespie but that's probably our quota done.

Can't really see why we'd transfer list Routledge and then go for Keith Treacy

They'd play what, 5-10 games at most? Plus Treacy would be even cheaper still.

Routledge is twice the player this shmuck is.

Of course he is, but if there is any truth in this whatsoever then we've got someone who would probably have as minimal an impact on the league as Routledge, however his wages would be cheaper and his fee would be lower than what we got in for Routledge.

I reckon it's bollocks though.