NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

There was no chance of us signing him anyway. He's going to be an important player for Chelsea this season - he's the kind of striker that Villas-Boas likes.

And you've came to this opinion how?

Will be the usual :lol:

Not sure of credibility but a mate from Derry says hes heard Gibson wants to join NUFC. Says his brother went to school with him.

Likely Chinese whispers but there you are.

Just curious, what does "Chinese whispers" mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_whispers

Errr.....I can understand why though :lol:

Understand what?

"The name "Chinese whispers" reflects the former stereotype in Europe of the Chinese language as being incomprehensible"

Sturridge would have probably been the perfect, realistic (well kind of) signing for me. Oh well.

Even on loan, he would have been an excellent signing. Just can't see Chelsea being prepared to sell him this early in his career.

Sturridge would have probably been the perfect, realistic (well kind of) signing for me. Oh well.

Even on loan, he would have been an excellent signing. Just can't see Chelsea being prepared to sell him this early in his career.

I can, they are happy to spend 50M on a waste of space, they can afford to let him go.

I can, they are happy to spend 50M on a waste of space, they can afford to let him go.

Don't think it's about Chelsea not wanting to sell. It's more about us not willing to splash what he's probably worth.

The Chronicle understands Sturridge is not in Alan Pardew’s sights – despite speculation linking the Magpies with a swoop for the Chelsea ace.

Sturridge is available for loan or sale at bids starting from £6m from Andre Villa-Boas’ new side.

??? Surely we should be in there with a bid at least.

If we ended the window with just Cabaye, Marveaux, Ba and Sturridge and no more leaving would people be angry?

I would we could be with another defender and midfielder but that wouldn't be the worst window, espcially with the "like new signings" coming back.

FWIW as much as I think from their point of view Chelsea should keep Sturridge, it just doesn't seem like the 'Chelsea way'. I think they will just spend around £100m to replace the older forwards and the lad will still be struggling to get onto the pitch.

Not sure of credibility but a mate from Derry says hes heard Gibson wants to join NUFC. Says his brother went to school with him.

Likely Chinese whispers but there you are.

Does being from Derry give me ITK status too? :lol:

If we ended the window with just Cabaye, Marveaux, Ba and Sturridge and no more leaving would people be angry?

I would be pretty much ecstatic.

Like you I think it's still possible Sturridge will leave Chelsea, though it might be next summer. Whether we get him or not is another matter like, obviously.

Can't see much of a role for Sturridge at Chelsea next year- will be annoying seeing him somewhere like Bolton/Stoke again (probably on loan).

Would love to see him here, but I guess the pricetag/wages pretty much rules us out.

Can't see much of a role for Sturridge at Chelsea next year- will be annoying seeing him somewhere like Bolton/Stoke again (probably on loan).

Would love to see him here, but I guess the pricetag/wages pretty much rules us out.

Chelsea have a new manager, they might swap shola for sturridge if we can produce the right kind of brochure., if you put the "apple on a pushbike" photo on the front im sure they would snap him up!!!

I'd be furious if this story was true, especially now it seems he'd be available. He's exactly what we need and we could reach a compromise on his wages (certainly don't see Bolton, Stoke matching them either). If it's down to Sturridge & Erding, and this story is true......I think it is insanity.

Not in for Sturridge and the starting bid is £6m? This club sucks balls.

Turning out to be a frustrating window, starting to lose my optimism.

29 June 2011  :laugh: :razz:

Sturridge will not go for £6m, no chance.

Not in for Sturridge and the starting bid is £6m? This club sucks balls.

Turning out to be a frustrating window, starting to lose my optimism.

29 June 2011  :laugh: :razz:

Sturridge will not go for £6m, no chance.

Don't think anyone believes that either. But I doubt it would take £20 m to sign him. £15m and under, and we should be in there.