NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Why? I'd be disappointed with Long.

If he's one (,the poorer) of two new strikers, then he'd be a good signing (if he'd not cost too much).

If he's the only other striker we'll buy, then I'd be disappointed.

I thought Williamson was still injured?  I also thought Marveaux was out for ages because of a groin op?

he trained at the end of last season and is quoted as saying he could've played in the last game. strange thing though that after getting him pardew is looking for someone for the left ?

Why? I'd be disappointed with Long.

If he's one (,the poorer) of two new strikers, then he'd be a good signing (if he'd not cost too much).

If he's the only other striker we'll buy, then I'd be disappointed.

There are loads of strikers on the books. I think we'll sign another younger one (depending on one going) but that's it.

As Wilson pointed out above, Pardews quotes on Ba are the strongest hint you could have that he's our main striker this season, irrespective of the #9 shirt. If he scores that many goals nobody will be complaining, but it seems unlikely.

I thought Williamson was still injured?  I also thought Marveaux was out for ages because of a groin op?

Well there we go, when they come back from injury they'll be like another two new signings as well.

Guest johnson293

We reported last night that United are not in the running for Chelsea starlet Daniel Sturridge, however, the chase for Charles N’Zogbia is thought to be ongoing as the Frenchman looks to secure his release from Wigan.

Wasn't it The Chronicle who said last week (?) that we were colling our interest due to his wage demands, and the Fee?  :rolleyes:

Don't see what would be wrong with signing Long. Good record in the Championship, Everton have done well giving Championship players a chance and we've seen it work with the likes of Williamson and Best.

I thought we were meant to be after another centre midfielder, after to links to Gardner and Matuidi?

Now it's only a striker and a left midfielder?

Papers know fuck all.

Guest hobshobs

Chronicle has quotes from Pardew saying two more players. One likely before they leave for America and one when they return. Must be two massive signings then if we're going to invest the full £35 million from Carroll as promised.

I thought we were meant to be after another centre midfielder, after to links to Gardner and Matuidi?

Papers know fuck all.

Paper running quotes from pardew saying one or two and one in before the tour and maybe 1 after. Depends how literal you want to take the quotes

We still need at least backup for LB, CB & RB if Perch is to leave as well.

One injury to Coloccini and our defence would implode, especially when Enrique leaves.

We could really do with someone versitile.

Theres more chance of Lord lucan riding shergar to win next years grand national than us spending the carroll money.....face it lads yet again we have been lied to and treated like idiots by the despicable fat cunt in charge

Chronicle has quotes from Pardew saying two more players. One likely before they leave for America and one when they return. Must be two massive signings then if we're going to invest the full £35 million from Carroll as promised.

Neil Taylor and Mevlut Erdinc - possible, probable and incredibly disappointing.

Theres more chance of Lord lucan riding shergar to win next years grand national than us spending the carroll money.....face it lads yet again we have been lied to and treated like idiots by the despicable fat cunt in charge

Let's wait till September.

Papers know fuck all.

Paper running quotes from pardew saying one or two and one in before the tour and maybe 1 after. Depends how literal you want to take the quotes

Does he say "one striker and one left sided midfielder" though.

Alot of assumptions IMO.

Neil Taylor and Mevlut Erdinc - possible, probable and incredibly disappointing.

If not Neil Taylor and Shane Long.

We still need at least backup for LB, CB & RB if Perch is to leave as well.

N.Taylor LB cover

Raylor RB Cover

Saylor RB, CB, LB

Tavernier RB, CB

Ferguson LB (even though we all know he's a winger)

Can't see us spending much money on squad cover tbh. Not under Ashley anyway.

I think we will only buy 1 or 2 on top of what we currently have however with speculation of so many players being shown the door or wanting away it could easily increase as a 1 in 1 out after that.

Agree.

There is no way Ashley is gonna sanction spending 35 mil on new players, unless they are free, have contract release clauses or are a cheap injury gamble we wont be getting them.

I know they will say the 35 milloin includes wages etc, but come on, its a joke, spend some of the cash and get Zog and Sturridge sorted now.

It's not going to happen and we will all be mugged off yet again by the club.  I know its early days but you just sense how its going to turn out - us fans disappointed.

Hope I am totally wrong and get the shock of my life.