NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Out of our price range.

If so, he shouldn't be. Signing two players for free would balance it out and it enables us to go for one big deal - Sturridge ticks almost every box.

Believe its called "getting brainwashed"  everyone is getting sucked into this mentality of not spunking big transfer fees anymore as its been a disaster in the past but some players are worth a punt in my eyes unless Sturridge is getting touted for 15 million plus ,Zog is worth 9 million imho and another one for us to persue but ive got a nagging doubt we will not spend more than 6 million on one player and thats shameful in my eyes but hope im proved wrong .

Out of our price range.

If so, he shouldn't be. Signing two players for free would balance it out and it enables us to go for one big deal - Sturridge ticks almost every box.

Believe its called "getting brainwashed"  everyone is getting sucked into this mentality of not spunking big transfer fees anymore as its been a disaster in the past but some players are worth a punt in my eyes unless Sturridge is getting touted for 15 million plus ,Zog is worth 9 million imho and another one for us to persue but ive got a nagging doubt we will not spend more than 6 million on one player and thats shameful in my eyes but hope im proved wrong .

the wages for sturridge may be more of a factor for any buying club than the transfer fee given he's on a reported 80k at chelsea.

Out of our price range.

Not if he wants £70k + a week. That'll still rule him out of our price range. I'd imagine bringing one player on a significant wage when we've made it relatively clear that's not a direction we're heading in could cause problems. If it's a contract like Ba's with incentives then fair enough, but otherwise I doubt we'll be going for it.

But the type of clubs where Sturridge will play first team football are the ones that can't afford his wages. Maybe Spurs would be realistic, but Bolton/Stoke/Newcastle can't do it. The lad should be sensible enough to realise that a few years on less wages (50k) is worth it if it means he gets to play, get England caps and ultimately, end up back at the massive clubs. Unfortunately many players aren't this sensible anymore, so I don't know why I'm hoping he will be.

Well, this is disappointing thing to hear! Like a few of you have said, it may be down to a wage issue.

We could have tried to get him in on loan like and get Chelsea to pay at least half his wages......

Well, this is disappointing thing to hear! Like a few of you have said, it may be down to a wage issue.

We could have tried to get him in on loan like and get Chelsea to pay at least half his wages......

Maybe Chelsea weren't interested in doing that?

We should have tried for him in January though :(

Maybe Chelsea weren't interested in doing that?

We should have tried for him in January though :(

More than likely :undecided:

Don't think we had Sturridge in our sights in January, think we all thought that Carroll was staying at the time and didn't need extra players?

Either way, Sturridge being on a 6 month loan last season would have done us very nicely. If only....

Sturridge is such an obvious replacement for Carroll. No excuse not to be in for him.

Isn't Ba more similar to Carroll?

Maybe playing wise, but if we're ambitious someone like Sturridge, with his potential and hunger to prove himself for real, would fill Carroll's boots.

If we replaced Carroll with Sturridge for £15m less it would be very funny.

If we copied the Liverpool model of Torres = £50m therefore Carroll is £35m, £20m for Sturridge? Still think it's a lot and was stupid of Liverpool doing that anyway.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/198394/Newcastle-Alan-Pardew-chases-Juan-Manuel-Martinez/?

NEWCASTLE are considering a move for Velez Sarsfield striker Juan Manuel Martinez.

Juan Manuel Martinez, nicknamed ‘The Little Donkey’, was a target for Wigan and Blackburn earlier this summer.

But their interest has waned and Newcastle are now among a trio of clubs keen – with Napoli and Seville also in the running.

The Argentine international is 25 years old and the Magpies believe he could have plenty of resale value if he is a hit for Alan Pardew’s men in the Premier League.

There's only one little donkey!

http://www.mtnfootball.com/content/Ariel_Ortega.jpg

:smitten:

Hope we take a look at denis stracqualursi while were at it.

Would be cheapish but I doubt he's good enough. If Boca find some money I'd not be surprised to see him go there to replace San Martin. If we were to go for a striker I'd prefer Téo Gutiérrez although by all accounts he was pretty poor in Europe last time out.

Mental that we're being linked with Martinez. Leftfield as fuck. The two times I've watched Velez I can't remember him doing anything but I wouldn't have been paying attention on him. He looks the dibs of Ortega in that pic n all.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/198394/Newcastle-Alan-Pardew-chases-Juan-Manuel-Martinez/?

NEWCASTLE are considering a move for Velez Sarsfield striker Juan Manuel Martinez.

Juan Manuel Martinez, nicknamed ‘The Little Donkey’, was a target for Wigan and Blackburn earlier this summer.

But their interest has waned and Newcastle are now among a trio of clubs keen – with Napoli and Seville also in the running.

The Argentine international is 25 years old and the Magpies believe he could have plenty of resale value if he is a hit for Alan Pardew’s men in the Premier League.

There's only one little donkey!

http://www.mtnfootball.com/content/Ariel_Ortega.jpg

:smitten:

Hope we take a look at denis stracqualursi while were at it.

Would be cheapish but I doubt he's good enough. If Boca find some money I'd not be surprised to see him go there to replace San Martin. If we were to go for a striker I'd prefer Téo Gutiérrez although by all accounts he was pretty poor in Europe last time out.

Mental that we're being linked with Martinez. Leftfield as fuck. The two times I've watched Velez I can't remember him doing anything but I wouldn't have been paying attention on him. He looks the dibs of Ortega in that pic n all.

:lol:

Velez won the league this season right? Seems he is quite highly rated in Argentina, but he'll need an EU passport to play here. looks a bit like gervinho in style of play from youtube vids, wide forward who cuts inside and takes players on. there's an amazing goal on there that he scored against racing.

hahaha, oh shit aye. FFS!

There is a more than decent % that he won't need a work permit. A large number of Argentines have Italian and Spanish heritage and aye Velez won the league so he must have been doing something right. He played in a 3 behind the 1 striker too, we might have dealt with them before too in the whole Jonas saga.

Only thing is if Velez are selling Ricky they won't need to sell (although they probably still will) and they're generally regarded as a bastion of how to run a club properly in Argentina as they're pretty much the only one who aren't crippled by debt & instability.