NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest taps01

I dont think you can put a number on the ammount of players we are going to sign.  A lot will happen between now and August 31st.  For exanple if Barton, Best, Ranger, Smith and Enrique all leave are we really only going to sign one or two more?!?!  I'd bloody hope not!

Guest Roger Kint

As things stand it will be 2 more (striker and winger) and it only be more if there are outgoings (like replacement for Enrique)

Looks like there is going to be plenty of change left over

Change from what exactly?

As things stand it will be 2 more (striker and winger) and it only be more if there are outgoings (like replacement for Enrique)

£35m

The Carroll transfer which Pardew said was going to be invested - granted not all BUT at least a decent chunk of it. As things stand we have spent nothing, doubt 2 more signings will make much of a dent in the £35million

It's going to be so frustrating more than anything. Watching this really good core not get the few quality additions that it needs to get somewhere. These early signings have been really good, we've got the likes of Krul, Coloccini, Enrique, Barton, Tioté and Jonas to build on. Two or three real investments could make for a very good season. I fear we'll be left upon what could have been yet again.

It's going to be so frustrating more than anything. Watching this really good core not get the few quality additions that it needs to get somewhere. These early signings have been really good, we've got the likes of Krul, Coloccini, Enrique, Barton, Tioté and Jonas to build on. Two or three real investments could make for a very good season. I fear we'll be left upon what could have been yet again.

That's the basis of what I was getting at in the other thread about finishing 8th. Even ignoring the Carroll money, we've already got the foundation of a very good side IMO, and this summer was supposed to prove that Ashley is willing to build on it and push us on.

Long way to go but from the manager's comments it certainly doesn't seem like this will happen.

Guest taps01

That's the basis of what I was getting at in the other thread about finishing 8th. Even ignoring the Carroll money, we've already got the foundation of a very good side IMO, and this summer was supposed to prove that Ashley is willing to build on it and push us on.

Long way to go but from the manager's comments it certainly doesn't seem like this will happen.

I wouldn't panic just yet.

That is my worry too

Just a few more smart signings and we will have a canny side

I'm not.

Guest Roger Kint

The Carroll transfer which Pardew said was going to be invested - granted not all BUT at least a decent chunk of it. As things stand we have spent nothing, doubt 2 more signings will make much of a dent in the £35million

Where did he say a decent chunk of it? He said it would all be invested in the squad via wages/fees etc which it doubless will be but there was no definate anwers as to how much. You say we have spent nothing but i somehow doubt West Ham exercise the pay up front model we do or that the three additons had no signing on fees/agent fees let alone wages which we dont know how much they receive.

Personally i dont give a fuck how much it costs as long as by 1 Sept we have a stronger team and squad which can improve on last year and help us move on.

I'm not.

No panic here, it's just the way it is and fuck all we can do about it.

Frustrated is the word for me.  We have a decent foundation, few key players and a bit of money spent and we could be doing some damage.

Guest taps01

I think we will only buy 1 or 2 on top of what we currently have however with speculation of so many players being shown the door or wanting away it could easily increase as a 1 in 1 out after that.

Agree.

Hypothetically speaking here, say that is the case and we sign a striker along the lines of Erdnic's ability and a a winger such as Charles N Zogbia and no one left would you say our squad was stronger or weaker than last season?  For me it would be stronger so if this is the case then at least we would have improved #glasshalffull

Guest Roger Kint

Have I gone back in time to before we signed Marveaux, Ba and Cabaye? I thought this summer was looking very good for us?

Either that or all three cost £0 for the length of their contracts. Magnificent business imo

Have I gone back in time to before we signed Marveaux, Ba and Cabaye? I thought this summer was looking very good for us?

It has been a good start to the summer - the expectation I guess is that we will still continue to strengthen the side significantly, the comments from Pardew don't really inspire much confidence in that happening. Though it might just be a bit of kidology from Pardew - guess time will tell

I think we will only buy 1 or 2 on top of what we currently have however with speculation of so many players being shown the door or wanting away it could easily increase as a 1 in 1 out after that.

Agree.

Hypothetically speaking here, say that is the case and we sign a striker along the lines of Erdnic's ability and a a winger such as Charles N Zogbia and no one left would you say our squad was stronger or weaker than last season?  For me it would be stronger so if this is the case then at least we would have improved #glasshalffull

I don't know how good Erdinc, Marveaux or Cabaye are but yeah I'd be pretty happy with that. :thup:

You're wasting your time man. As far as I'm concerned, a decent striker and a right winger on top of what we've already signed, along with replacing those sold important enough to need replacing would be a decent summer.

You're wasting your time man. As far as I'm concerned, a decent striker and a right winger on top of what we've already signed, along with replacing those sold important enough to need replacing would be a decent summer.

exactly this.

Ba is a good signing but we need at least one more quality striker in. The paper talk is that it is one of Pardew's priorities so I expect we'll get one in. The concern would be the "quality" part of the equation. Shane Long isn't really what I had in mind when there was all the talk of us bringing in another top striker.

Ba is a good signing but we need at least one more quality striker in. The paper talk is that it is one of Pardew's priorities so I expect we'll get one in. The concern would be the "quality" part of the equation. Shane Long isn't really what I had in mind when there was all the talk of us bringing in another top striker.

Would Erdinc be good enough in your opinion?

Pardew sees Ba as our top striker, his comments couldn't be clearer to me.

Would Erdinc be good enough in your opinion?

Pardew sees Ba as our top striker, his comments couldn't be clearer to me.

I know he's unproven in this league but I'd be happy to see Erdinc here from what I've seen on YT. He's quick and quite powerful and his goals record is pretty decent. Whether we are serious in our interest in him I'm not so sure.