NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Let's face it - we don't know what the players earn. We can speculate all day long, but we haven't got a clue.

Unless they've been means tested in court. Saying that, I'm not sure if the £8k figure is before or after tax, probably after so Matt could be accurate, Otter will know.

then theres basic aswell,imaging rights etc and the way the higher paid can squirrel money away without the taxman being able to get his hands on it. 8k is what the taxman is allowed to think he's on. (i've just reminded myself why i'd probably hate most top level footballers if i ever had much to do with them)

Guest TheSummerOf69

Harper, Krul, Forster, Simpson, Perch,  R.Taylor, Enrique, Williamson, S.Taylor, Coloccini, Jonas, Marveaux, Routledge, Guthrie, Barton, Smith, Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Ba, Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Best, Xisco.

That's 24 names, Routledge has gone pretty much which takes it to 23, which ties in with us wanting 2 more players. The only way we can physically add anymore quality is if the likes of Xisco, Smith, Perch, etc. somehow find a buyer, or by signing kids who we don't have to register.

I thought you didn't have to count  Harper, Saylor and Shola in the 25 as they're home grown?

Harper, Krul, Forster, Simpson, Perch,  R.Taylor, Enrique, Williamson, S.Taylor, Coloccini, Jonas, Marveaux, Routledge, Guthrie, Barton, Smith, Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Ba, Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Best, Xisco.

That's 24 names, Routledge has gone pretty much which takes it to 23, which ties in with us wanting 2 more players. The only way we can physically add anymore quality is if the likes of Xisco, Smith, Perch, etc. somehow find a buyer, or by signing kids who we don't have to register.

I thought you didn't have to count  Harper, Saylor and Shola in the 25 as they're home grown?

No, you don't count under-21 year olds and can have as many of them in your squad as you like.

The craic with home grown players is that you need to meet a certain quota within your squad.  On Football Manager it's 4 players produced by the club and another 4 players produced by other youth academies in your home country.  Of course you could just have 8 players produced by your own club, or as many as you like for that matter.  This is all off FM so apologies if it's changed or anything.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Harper, Krul, Forster, Simpson, Perch,  R.Taylor, Enrique, Williamson, S.Taylor, Coloccini, Jonas, Marveaux, Routledge, Guthrie, Barton, Smith, Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Ba, Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Best, Xisco.

Gosling?

We'll only name 2 keepers from those 3 as well.

We still need at least 3 (striker, reserve left back, Tiote cover); plus replacements for Enrique, Barton, Colo or whoever else we sell on transfer deadline day.

No, you don't count under-21 year olds and can have as many of them in your squad as you like.

The craic with home grown players is that you need to meet a certain quota within your squad.  On Football Manager it's 4 players produced by the club and another 4 players produced by other youth academies in your home country.  Of course you could just have 8 players produced by your own club, or as many as you like for that matter.  This is all off FM so apologies if it's changed or anything.

Our 4 being the 2 keepers, Saylor and Shola?

Harper, Krul, Forster, Simpson, Perch,  R.Taylor, Enrique, Williamson, S.Taylor, Coloccini, Jonas, Marveaux, Routledge, Guthrie, Barton, Smith, Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Ba, Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Best, Xisco.

Gosling?

We'll only name 2 keepers from those 3 as well, so that's still 2 we need (striker, reserve left back); plus replacements for Enrique, Barton, Colo or whoever else we sell on transfer deadline day.

The craic with home grown players is that you need to meet a certain quota within your squad.  On Football Manager it's 4 players produced by the club and another 4 players produced by other youth academies in your home country.  Of course you could just have 8 players produced by your own club, or as many as you like for that matter.  This is all off FM so apologies if it's changed or anything.

Our 4 being the 2 keepers, Saylor and Shola.

Colo is going nowhere this summer.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Oh I'd love to have your faith in Ashley and confidently proclaim that they're not going to be sold.

Colo is probably safe ('cause of his high wages, not Pardew making him capt); and maybe Barton is if he refuses to be sold to anyone other than a Champions League team and none come in.

Fingers crossed.

Oh I'd love to have your faith in Ashley and confidently proclaim that they're not going to be sold.

Colo is probably safe ('cause of his high wages, not Pardew making him capt); and maybe Barton is if he refuses to be sold to anyone other than a Champions League team and none come in.

Fingers crossed.

So you agree?

Guest TheSummerOf69

The 25 is...

(2 from Harper, Krul, Forster), Simpson, Perch, Enrique, Williamson, S.Taylor, Coloccini, Tiote, Guthrie, Cabaye, Gosling, Barton, Jonas, Marveaux, R.Taylor, Ben Arfa, Ba, Ameobi, Lovenkrands.

+ Best, Smith, Xisco, Ranger and Routledge.

These last 5 can be replaced as they're up for sale (or give-away plus help, in Smith's case)

Guest TheSummerOf69

Fingers crossed.

So you agree?

Not really. It depends if anyone comes in, and wether they can persuade Barton to leave for anyone other than a Champions League team. I can see Barton being gone.

NUFC transfer plans on ice for US friendlies

by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Jul 20 2011

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/07/20/nufc-transfer-plans-on-ice-for-us-friendlies-72703-29087508/#ixzz1SduTViNd

I see 'Rici' sees himself as a bit of joker (see comments underneath article) - 'pardick'

:facepalm:

Ive honestly been tempted to drown myself after reading some of the Chronicle comments. I thought this place was depressing.

Jul 20 2011

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/07/20/nufc-transfer-plans-on-ice-for-us-friendlies-72703-29087508/#ixzz1SduTViNd

I see 'Rici' sees himself as a bit of joker (see comments underneath article) - 'pardick'

Ive honestly been tempted to drown myself after reading some of the Chronicle comments. I thought this place was depressing.

Yeah, it's only this place and on the Chronicle comments page that Newcastle fans are pessimistic and cynical about our activity this summer...

Jul 20 2011

Yeah, it's only this place and on the Chronicle comments page that Newcastle fans are pessimistic and cynical about our activity this summer...

Where did I say they were?

Vuckic wearing no. 9 in one of those new shots from the USA.

He'll be like a new signing for us!

You sure? hes 29 in all the others, maybe just the 2 was hidden from view?

Vuckic wearing no. 9 in one of those new shots from the USA.

He'll be like a new signing for us!

You sure? hes 29 in all the others, maybe just the 2 was hidden from view?

The 2 will have fallen off.  Sports Direct etc etc

Guest BooBoo

No new players today but lovely to see we're taking care of the priorities by tarmacing over the ash track that runs around the perimeter of the pitch.

At last!