NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

ALAN Pardew is pressing for a domestic-based striker to take the Newcastle number nine this season.

The Toon boss has presented a hit-list to Toon board that includes Arsenal’s unwanted Nicklas Bendtner and Wigan striker Hugo Rodallega – and is urging Newcastle’s power brokers to break the bank to give him the goal power he craves.

The club are looking at Continental alternatives and are in contact with Paris Saint Germain about Mevlut Erdinc, who is not in the picture in the French capital.

Pardew is pressing for an English-based striker – and has recommended Bendtner and Rodallega to the board.

The club held discussions about Bendtner last week but there are reservations about his attitude and his wages would be prohibitive.

United are also unlikely to pounce for Bayer Leverkusen striker Eren Derdiyok, and have also counted themselves out of any move for Ajax forward Miralem Sulejmani after being quoted eight figures for the Serbian. Meanwhile, Newcastle have also been offered Manchester United young guns Mame Biram Diouf and Federico Macheda, but the club are gunning higher with their striker targets.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/08/14/asights-are-set-on-new-recruits-alan-pardew-79310-29231628/

Seems like Pardew is keener on Premier based strikers while the club are still pushing for Erdinc. Seems they value Carr's opinion higher than Pardew's if that's the case. Can't say I blame them.

Thought about that myself. And agree, can't blame them much for that.

Guest Chubby Jason

Where's these podolski rumours coming from

Douglas' take -

Podolski for #NUFC? There's a back story there. AP likes him: but will board sanction wages?

nope

After what I saw yday we still need 2 strikers. I can't remember the last home game where we didn't threaten to score or at least have 1 promising attack.

I think you're being very harsh on Ba there, needs more time.

Definitely. Was his first official game for us, and that against Arsenal. He'll get better.

Definitely rather rodallega than bendtner. Always liked him at Wigan. Certainly wouldn't come cheap though, think whelan would price us out tbh.

Where's the Bellamy talk from? Insane he is beyond past it, the only bonus in bringing him back would be seeing Barton twat him. Odious dwarf. Fabulous player though, four years ago...

We did have promising attacks and did threaten to score.  They were rare but not non-existent despite MOTD making it look like that.

I was at the game and didn't once feel that we got at them or looked like scoring.

I realise it was Ba's first game but he did a great impression of Shola. We put no pressure on their back line.

Obertan provided some much needed pace.

In Ba's defence it seemed like every time we broke he made a run off the shoulder of a defender and we just kept choosing the easy option into Shola's feet. Someone further forward in midfield would help the link up play

Yeah I saw that, he was definitely looking to be played in a few times but we didn't have the bodies in there and we never really got the ball far enough forward to put those passes through.

Watching the game yesterday, I'm even more adamant that Bendtner simply isn't the answer. We need a speedy, nippy striker.

Agree with this tbh ,clearly need some one to feed off Ba when crosses are coming in or looking for the through ball and generally chasing defenders that Shola doesnt do .

We did have promising attacks and did threaten to score.  They were rare but not non-existent despite MOTD making it look like that.

I was at the game and didn't once feel that we got at them or looked like scoring.

I realise it was Ba's first game but he did a great impression of Shola. We put no pressure on their back line.

Obertan provided some much needed pace.

I agree we didn't really get at them much or have a period were we pressured them and looked like scoring.  Just thought you meant we had no chances, which we did even though they were few and far between.