NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

He'd only get a game in the case of injury/suspension.

Would be a decent idea for us, but utterly pointless for the player and Chelsea. I'd imagine they'd rather he went somewhere to play like he did with us the first time.

Would love Paddy back here. Can't see it mind, surely he'd rather be second choice at Chelsea than here?

Cole, Zhirkov, Bertrand and V.A all competing for one place at the moment. Arguably at the back of that Q n all.

aint cole off to real?

Rumoured but Chelsea would merely sign a replacement anyway, so it doesn't make a diffference to the numbers.

Would love Paddy back here. Can't see it mind, surely he'd rather be second choice at Chelsea than here?

Cole, Zhirkov, Bertrand and V.A all competing for one place at the moment. Arguably at the back of that Q n all.

To be fair I'd expect him to be ahead of Bertrand and that Zhirkov would usually play in midfield.

Fingers crossed you're right though. Would love him back here as I said.

Would rather have Bertrand he looked excellant for Reading last year.

To be fair I'd expect him to be ahead of Bertrand and that Zhirkov would usually play in midfield.

Fingers crossed you're right though. Would love him back here as I said.

Would rather have Bertrand he looked excellant for Reading last year.

Either for me like. They pretty much play alike, I think the only advantage Bertrand has is that he has a had a full season under his belt. I'd take Sigudsson from Reading n all but can't see that happening.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I thought it was only 1 season loan from another PL team, but I can't remember. I don't think we'll get much loan action until towards the end of the transfer window, once clubs know who they're going to register for the season, and who will be sitting out.

Guest Stephen927

Don't know if already mentioned but linked with a return for Paddy Van Aanholt in todays Journal, on the cheap would definately take him, looked a player...

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/07/15/chris-hughton-expects-things-to-heat-up-61634-26856318/

Wouldn't be against that at all, but I think his future is at left wing rather than full back.

I thought it was only 1 season loan from another PL team, but I can't remember. I don't think we'll get much loan action until towards the end of the transfer window, once clubs know who they're going to register for the season, and who will be sitting out.

2 i think, bolton has wilshire and weiss last season

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

2 i think, bolton has wilshire and weiss last season

Ah, yeah.  O0

http://www.goal.com/fr/news/33/transferts/2010/07/14/2025817/dossier-mercato-qui-votre-club-doit-il-acheter-milan-ac

Klaas Jan Huntelaar. :lol:

Terrible source but posted for comedy value.

This is less certain for the Dutchman Klaas Jan Huntelaar, who wants more game time than the last few years. Newcastle United are seriously looking at him, as too are several German clubs.

http://www.goal.com/fr/news/33/transferts/2010/07/14/2025817/dossier-mercato-qui-votre-club-doit-il-acheter-milan-ac

Klaas Jan Huntelaar. :lol:

Terrible source but posted for comedy value.

This is less certain for the Dutchman Klaas Jan Huntelaar, who wants more game time than the last few years. Newcastle United are seriously looking at him, as too are several German clubs.

If only.

5 years to late like.

But exactly how good is Huntelaar now?  Not playing much for a Milan attack that was misfiring, and didn't see much if any playing time for Holland. Still probably out of our reach but...

If you had to splash on one player (expensive but fits the required profile)......would you go for Huntelaar?

But exactly how good is Huntelaar now?   Not playing much for a Milan attack that was misfiring, and didn't see much if any playing time for Holland. Still probably out of our reach but...

If you had to splash on one player (expensive but fits the required profile)......would you go for Huntelaar?

I wonder how much they would ask for him though. Possibly even loan him with a view to a permanent move. If it was a possibility I think it would be a great move personally. The guy just needs to get on the pitch. Has been mucked about the last few years at both Madrid and AC Milna, both of who bought him when they didn't really need him.

I'd probably take van Aanholt whether it was on loan or buying him. I don't suppose we're going to be loaning first-teamers, we'll probably just get them in to fill out the squad a la Pancrate, Hall, Harewood. We do need cover down that side and PVA could turn out to be a really good player. Decent bit of flair and ability, but certainly needs fine-tuning. I think he'd cover both positions on the wing too which would be a bonus.

Providing it wouldn't swallow any severe part of our budget, i'd go for him if he was available at a low price.

Huntelaar was a pile of sh***te when in Spain, the same has been said of him at Milan.

Would cost us too much and would want astronomical wages, would rather have somebody like Zamora...