NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I'm sorry but I was at the Fiorentina game which best was in and he was just awful.

Not surprised he's down the pecking order.

I'm sorry but I was at the Fiorentina game which best was in and he was just awful.

He was crap in a pre-season game played in an ocean, we better kick him out, right?

Guest Haris Vuckic

We should probably start Nemo & Flipper up front after that game.

Maybe sign Jaws for backup.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

We should probably start Nemo & Flipper up front after that game.

Maybe sign Jaws for backup.

I see where you're coming from but for the 1st half the pitch wasn't that bad tbf, I'm sure if Pardew thought he had something he'd get a shout.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Regardless - when he had his chances in the league last season he took them.

I think we need another striker - a main striker i.e some investment to push them all down the pecking order but till that happens I'm happy for Best to be given a shot.

He's an average prem striker I reckon. He got nothing to work with at all at Coventry & couldn't buy a goal.

Good goal to game ratio last season & he had one legit goal disallowed.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Well I'm all for giving players chances and felt quite neutral about Best but whenever I have seen him play he just seems to miss loads of chances.

I agree we need another main man but I don't think this is the man.

He was actually put on the transfer list at the start of the window and then taken back off again of late.

Now if that was me I would make sure that the next game I played in i gave a good reason not to sell me.

Just look at Ryan Taylor now, he's not had a shot for a while but his last 2 games have been outstanding and making the club think hard about his future.

Guest Haris Vuckic

He'll never be number one but he didn't cost much & he won't be on much so for me he's worth keeping around!

Taylor won't be first 11 unless there's injuries I reckon

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Ryan Taylor outstanding? Get real. He was atrocious against Arsenal.

Yeah he's a right footed midfielder not played for months filling in at left back.......  Bit harsh.

M'Baye Niang..tribalfootball  :nope:

Read somewhere at work the other day about him having some kind of mix up in his contract, doubt it was a reliable source though as far as i can remember, would probably be snapped up by now if that was the case.

It's an absolute must to get Coloccini signed up to a long-term deal. I reckon he could do a job in the top flight well into his 30s.

Pardew said in the post-match quotes (or pre-match) that the club were working on two contracts at the moment. Hopefully one is Colo.

i really hope it is, for the sake of the team. it would also go some way to convincing me that we can actually progress under ashley, which is quite a big deal imo.

Former Liverpool target Aly Cissokho lined up by Newcastle

Newcastle have targeted West Brom left-back Nicky Shorey, Toulouse’s Cheikh M’Bengue and Lyon’s Aly Cissoko after talks stalled to sign Erik Peters from PSV Eindhoven.

Targets: Pardew wants to kick-off spending spree (Getty Images)

Magpies boss Alan Pardew still wants Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga.

The ambitious boss knows he’s under pressure to splash the cash following the sales of Jose Enrique and Andy Carroll, who both left to join Liverpool for a combined £41million this year.

Now one of Shorey, M’Bengue or Cissokho is earmarked to replace the Spaniard, while Maiga is wanted to add extra firepower to the Toon’s line-up.

Newcastle edged out a 1-0 win over their north-east rivals Sunderland at the weekend with temporary left-back Ryan Taylor netting the winner.

The former Wigan defender was only in the team due to no replacement for Enrique yet being found, and despite Pardew’s claims to the contrary, is likely to be ousted if a big-money alternative is signed.

‘We are trying to bring in another left-back, but he will have to be a good one to take Ryan out of the team,’ said the manager.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/873053-former-liverpool-target-aly-cissokho-lined-up-by-newcastle?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Well I'm all for giving players chances and felt quite neutral about Best but whenever I have seen him play he just seems to miss loads of chances.

I agree we need another main man but I don't think this is the man.

He was actually put on the transfer list at the start of the window and then taken back off again of late.

Now if that was me I would make sure that the next game I played in i gave a good reason not to sell me.

Just look at Ryan Taylor now, he's not had a shot for a while but his last 2 games have been outstanding and making the club think hard about his future.

I think Pardew knows Ryan Taylor is shit and he will be nowhere near our side again should we manage to acquire a left back.

Ryan Taylor outstanding? Get real. He was atrocious against Arsenal.

Yeah he's a right footed midfielder not played for months filling in at left back.......  Bit harsh.

By the same logic if I played on goal against Fulham and tried my best, would I be outstanding too?

How can you say we should get rid of Best when we have Lovenkrands in our bench? I would start Best ahead of Shola/Obertan/Lovenkrands for now.

Guest TheSummerOf69

I see that one of the ones that got away is in Garth Crook's team of the week on the BBC website (alongside Colo):

Shane Long, Striker, West Bromwich Albion

For 60 minutes, he absolutely terrorised Chelsea defenders Alex and John Terry. His hard work and all-round display was rewarded by a superbly taken goal. Excellent forward play.

Did you know? Long has now scored against Manchester United and Chelsea in his first two appearances for West Brom.

From wiki: "Although the fee was undisclosed, it is believed to be £4.5m, with add-ons that could eventually rise to £10.5m."

Under £5m, and we couldn't afford him?