NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I see that one of the ones that got away is in Garth Crook's team of the week on the BBC website (alongside Colo):

Shane Long, Striker, West Bromwich Albion

For 60 minutes, he absolutely terrorised Chelsea defenders Alex and John Terry. His hard work and all-round display was rewarded by a superbly taken goal. Excellent forward play.

Did you know? Long has now scored against Manchester United and Chelsea in his first two appearances for West Brom.

From wiki: "Although the fee was undisclosed, it is believed to be £4.5m, with add-ons that could eventually rise to £10.5m."

Under £5m, and we couldn't afford him?

Pardew was supposed to be the one who was keen but the hierarchy were not convinced.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Elliot was amazing on Saturday. Five live said he was the difference for Charlton!

Yep, the way he almost saved that Scunthorpe equalizer, thought it was Billy the Fish for a minute

Difference between drawing and losing fyi

I see that one of the ones that got away is in Garth Crook's team of the week on the BBC website (alongside Colo):

Shane Long, Striker, West Bromwich Albion

For 60 minutes, he absolutely terrorised Chelsea defenders Alex and John Terry. His hard work and all-round display was rewarded by a superbly taken goal. Excellent forward play.

Did you know? Long has now scored against Manchester United and Chelsea in his first two appearances for West Brom.

From wiki: "Although the fee was undisclosed, it is believed to be £4.5m, with add-ons that could eventually rise to £10.5m."

Under £5m, and we couldn't afford him?

Pardew was supposed to be the one who was keen but the hierarchy were not convinced.

The hierarchy need to get convinced about someone and push the deal through. I know it's only two games but Shane Long looks to be exactly the type of hard running forward we should be signing.

Guest sicko2ndbest

It ties in with the

'we tried, we were quoted ridiculous fees and weren't prepared to over extend ourselves. We will be looking at the January Market for sure'

Hope to hell I'm wrong!

the amount we got from the sale of caroll, jose (last year), routledge and nolan etc. was all good deals i think....why is ashley so cheap...for f*ck sake its not a catastroph if we have to pay an extra mill euro to get the man we want....get it sorted and move on to the next target....christ!

pieters for about the same price as jose, (who was in his last year) sounds ok.

No quotes, pinch of salt. Wouldn't be particularly suprised if it was true mind.

It doesn't really matter if it is true. There's nothing wrong with brinkmanship as long as you get the deal done in the end. If we fail however there will be holy hell unleashed on Ashley and Llambias and rightly so.

"For him, it's a new position and I know that, so I try to help him when I can," he said.

"But I think he's playing better game-by-game. He played well against Arsenal, but this was better than the last game.

"It's normal that the first game we played against a big team was difficult, but he did really well.

"On Saturday, he was even better so game-by-game, he's getting better in that position."

Gutierrez preparing the fans.

Guest bimpy474

Loach is exactly the sort of keeper we don't need imo.

Exactly, what is the point of Soderberg otherwise, he should 3rd keeper now surely.