NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Something about Roux I like, would be the partner to the pacey striker we need though, he's not the answer this window unless we get rid of Best IMO.

You reckon two pacey players on top together then? And why rid of Best? A squad is alright like.

Guest bimpy474

Who's Roux like???

Nolan Roux. Young, pacey striker, with a hell of a shot to him. Has one u21 game for France. Not been scoring for fun like, but he's quality.

I read somewhere he was a bit Wiltord-ish in his style, no idea if thats right.

Something about Roux I like, would be the partner to the pacey striker we need though, he's not the answer this window unless we get rid of Best IMO.

You reckon two pacey players on top together then? And why rid of Best? A squad is alright like.

I'd keep Best, but doubt we have space for both. Ameobi new deal, Ba new player and were still looking for a pacy striker to add to that. Roux has pace, but not the kind we need, saying that bar Ba easily the fastest useful striker on the books.

His movement is ace, as well as his positioning, really looks clever with his feet, and good technically, would he open up defences enough? Think brute pace and strength would do a better job, more effective in this league, a lot rides on this striker we need, not sure he's ready for the step up, constant games and being a top goalscorer we need.

I'd keep Best, but doubt we have space for both. Ameobi new deal, Ba new player and were still looking for a pacy striker to add to that. Roux has pace, but not the kind we need, saying that bar Ba easily the fastest useful striker on the books.

His movement is ace, as well as his positioning, really looks clever with his feet, and good technically, would he open up defences enough? Think brute pace and strength would do a better job, more effective in this league, a lot rides on this striker we need, not sure he's ready for the step up, constant games and being a top goalscorer we need.

:thup: Decent post. Will be fun to see how he does in Ligue 1 if he stays fit and given a good run. I actually think he could do quite well already though (in the Prem). He's really different from everyone we currently have on our books. Think he would add another aspect to our game. Nice to see that we're aware and somewhat interested in any case.

He needs goals in ligue 1, surprised he isn't finding them already at a decent rate as he certainly has the talent. Would love to see him cme off the bench for us, grab a few goals, develop, grow and like you say add something different. Really do the job Xisco was bought to do.

What kind of fee as agreed with the german club earlier in the summer? £4m?

He needs goals in ligue 1, surprised he isn't finding them already at a decent rate as he certainly has the talent. Would love to see him cme off the bench for us, grab a few goals, develop, grow and like you say add something different. Really do the job Xisco was bought to do.

He always scores against me on FM. The shitehawk.

They didn't come to an agreement actually. Brest was adamant that they should pay up the money in his clause (€8m). Schalke offered €6, but was rebuffed. Done some checking and it turns out he really is French through and through. Refused to train with his team for some time re: interest from Schalke. Edit: Actually, re: coming to an agreement with Schalke regarding personal terms.

Think it's pretty safe to say the striker signing will be completely underwhelming if/when it comes. Not to say it won't be someone that could do a decent job for us. Don't think it will be our main target man/big number 9. More likely another striker for rotation albeit (hopefully) better than what we have.

I think we will get a decent left back though and one of pieters or cissokho.

Either way I think that is unnaceptable given the fact we knew almost back to February about the need for a LB and striker. It is clear we have tried but I don't think that's good enough. Nine days to change things.

Think it's pretty safe to say the striker signing will be completely underwhelming if/when it comes. Not to say it won't be someone that could do a decent job for us. Don't think it will be our main target man/big number 9. More likely another striker for rotation albeit (hopefully) better than what we have.

I think we will get a decent left back though and one of pieters or cissokho.

Either way I think that is unnaceptable given the fact we knew almost back to February about the need for a LB and striker. It is clear we have tried but I don't think that's good enough. Nine days to change things.

this....we have know since january that a new striker(s) and new LB was needed and still we havent managed to sign anyone. Amateurs! ! !

i still feel confident about the lb position...we will sign a good replacement....but the new striker is a big worry....everybody knows a proven (15 goals a season striker cost more than 4 mill euro, ashley, you cheap c*nt!

I have to say, my patience with this s*** is rapidly running thin now that the end of the window is within sight.

most teams do this to be fair, we have signed a few players...i know theyd be starting positions but this is an aspect im not bothered with, im more concerned with the fact i can see us not signing players at all rather than leaving them late...

I have to say, my patience with this s*** is rapidly running thin now that the end of the window is within sight.

most teams do this to be fair, we have signed a few players...i know theyd be starting positions but this is an aspect im not bothered with, im more concerned with the fact i can see us not signing players at all rather than leaving them late...

I was pretty supportive of driving a hard bargain early in the window so we wouldn't look desperate.

Now that we actually are desperate, or should be at least, there needs to be a change of thinking.

Same really, we've created a situation where we're basically desperate for a LB and almost desperate for a striker... we might need to loosen the purse strings to solve those problems.

That said, many clubs leave some business late and I still think we'll get those players in. At least the LB anyway.

They want shooting with shit if we're left short of both a striker and a LB, frankly. There's no excuses. It's not as though the club had not anticipated that we'd need these players.

No way should Shola and Ba be our first option forwards, no fucking way.

A lot of teams are leaving it late but it is often because they need to sell players before they can bring in anyone.  We have had the money for months and despite what the club might say, I do not believe we are in as bad a situation financially as they like to imply. 

They said they had replacements lined up for Enrique so we should have been negotiating to bring the player in at the same time as sorting out Enrique's sale.  It now looks as if they are only just starting to really try and sort something out and even now, we seem to be saying we are not prepared to pay the fee in which case, why are we not looking to bring someone in we can afford.  If we are going to put all our efforts into lowering the price and PSV will not budge then we are going to have a problem.

It seems to be that this is where Ashley and Llambias get their kicks - trying to screw other clubs and to hell with the consequences for the football team.  What is the point of targetting players out of your price range and then complaining about the selling club not lowering their price.  We are not willing to do it when selling players so why should we expect other clubs to do it for us.