NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

They want shooting with shit if we're left short of both a striker and a LB, frankly. There's no excuses. It's not as though the club had not anticipated that we'd need these players.

No way should Shola and Ba be our first option forwards, no fucking way.

they're the two positions we've needed to strengthen in for the longest :lol: distinct lack of release clauses and free transfers around in these positions obviously

Guest johnson293

I believe we'll bring a LB in, but suspect bringing another striker in would need (at least) one of Ranger, Best or Loven to move on, and so far that doesn't appear to be close to happening, other than Birmingham's reported interest in one/two of them.

I don't think the club would take the risk of going until January without a recognised left back in the squad, and we could end up paying the money needed for Pieters or Cissokho, but it the striker may need to wait till January (at least).

Not defending the club or saying its right, but seems the way things are (one out, one in).

Guest sicko2ndbest

AP - 'My position is to identify players the clubs position is to get them over the line'

Relinquishing resposibility?

AP - 'My position is to identify players the clubs position is to get them over the line'

Not really - that is how it works at just about every football club. Managers don't hold the purse strings and don't get involved with financial negotiations.

What else can he do? Sign the cheque to get the deal done?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Puts more pressure on the board

Del boy will not like that!

Good. There are a couple of things he can do to relieve that pressure if he finds it upsetting.

The fact that he's publicly saying he still wants and expects us to sign a striker IS to put pressure on the board. People keep slagging him off for talking about it but I'm sure Llambias would prefer him just to shut up.