Premier League Years

TheGuv

Just finished watching the 2008-2009 Premier League Years on Sky Sports, and it left me with a surprising amount of anger.

From the start and optimism we had to the way we finished at Villa Park made it very hard to watch. I struggle to watch the 95/96 season but this was excruciating. I know currently we are living in optimism for next season and i obviously want us to succeed. But the whole saga does annoy me. Fingers crossed for a good Premier League Years 2010/2011.

Martin Tyler: 'A season that began with the undermining of Kevin Keegan, to overtaxing Alan Sheaer, this season truly has been disastorous for Newcastle United'.

Lets hope it doesn't happen again...

It's nuts how much bad luck we had that season.

Yep. But the anger for me was we really were going places before the whole Youtube scenario. And i bet there is a hell of a lot more we don't know. For example James Milner...

Guest Heneage

It's nuts how much bad luck we had that season.

Yep. But the anger for me was we really were going places before the whole Youtube scenario. And i bet there is a hell of a lot more we don't know. For example James Milner...

That opening day every player we'd signed looked fucking brilliant, makes you wonder what changed in their minds.

Guest tyzer

I just could not watch any of that program for the 2008-09 season. I still haven't watched any highlights for any of the games from that day when we went down.

I almost explode in anger everytime I think of that Viduka goal that was disallowed against Fulham, we'd easily have stayed up had that stood. Howard Webb you prick pigfucking c***.

Yep, and wasn't their goal off side?

I almost explode in anger everytime I think of that Viduka goal that was disallowed against Fulham, we'd easily have stayed up had that stood. Howard Webb you prick pigfucking c***.

And the amount of hacking that Portsmouth did, they should of been given atleast one red card which would of resuted in us winning, we were all over them.

Don't think so, no.

Don't think we were that unlucky... masters of our own downfall in so many ways.

The successive late equalisers vs Wigan and Stoke both at home and at the hands of ex Toon players comes to mind as well.

If Viduka's had counted, Fulham would have scored another.

We were meant to go down and deservedly so. There's nothing more to it.

you only deserve to go when you actually do. sunderland,wigan and hull were as bad as us last season.

I almost explode with anger everytime I think of that Viduka goal that was disallowed against Fulham, we'd easily have stayed up had that stood. Howard Webb you prick pigfucking c***.

Beye's sending off and penalty award didn't help either, that was probably the worst decision which cost us points.

Don't think so, no.

Don't think we were that unlucky... masters of our own downfall in so many ways.

The successive late equalisers vs Wigan and Stoke both at home and at the hands of ex Toon players comes to mind as well.

Aye Joe bloody Kinnear. 2-0 up at HT, and we stopped playing, we tried to consolidate :rant:

How did i put up with last season????

It's all part of history now. There's always good stuff and bad stuff to look back on. At least we now know it was a short trip to the Championship and we can dream, for now, that we'll not make the same mistakes again.

If we'd stayed up we'd only have gone down this season. Aye, we're years behind now, but simply due to the fact we've come straight back up - relegation has done us a favour in some respects. This time last year, i wouldn't have taken relegation - obviously, but like i say - with hindsight... we're on a better footing now than we were 12 months ago (or now, had we stayed up).

If you want to depress yourselves again of the pain of that season, here's something from youtube:

(If I'm not allowed to post the video, then by all means get rid of the link!)

EDIT: and it's gone on my own accord! But, if you do want to watch it, then just type season review 08/09 in youtube

This season has been one of the most enjoyabe in years, and I'm more confident that we now have lots of big earners off the books and can start fresh with a sensible transfer policy next season. Relegation was absolutely heartbreaking and humuliating, but it's had it's benefits, and I'm over it now tbh.

This season has been one of the most enjoyabe in years, and I'm more confident that we now have lots of big earners off the books and can start fresh with a sensible transfer policy next season. Relegation was absolutely heartbreaking and humuliating, but it's had it's benefits, and I'm over it now tbh.

this, we may have taken a step backwards last year (well about 100 since sir bob was sacked) but now we're on the move upwards again. Stay up next season and lets see where we stand

Just finished watching the 2008-2009 Premier League Years on Sky Sports, and it left me with a surprising amount of anger.

From the start and optimism we had to the way we finished at Villa Park made it very hard to watch. I struggle to watch the 95/96 season but this was excruciating. I know currently we are living in optimism for next season and i obviously want us to succeed. But the whole saga does annoy me. Fingers crossed for a good Premier League Years 2010/2011.

Martin Tyler: 'A season that began with the undermining of Kevin Keegan, to overtaxing Alan Sheaer, this season truly has been disastorous for Newcastle United'.

when was it on? will it be repeated?

You must be a masochist mate. Like me I suppose, sat through the 95/96 one a couple of weeks back and could have quite happily jumped off the Tyne Bridge by the end of it. Gutting. "Collymore closing in"... fuck off you thick, dogging bastard :angry:

12 tonight on one of the sky sports

12 tonight on one of the sky sports

cheers mate :aww:

EDIT: It's on the two skysports channels i dont have :rant: