Steven Taylor back soon

I'm quite surprised that Krul is even considering signing a new contract.

Why? He has said more than once that he is happy at the club. He knows that Harper's days are counted and that he won't be here for much long anymore.

I'm quite surprised that Krul is even considering signing a new contract.

Why? He has said more than once that he is happy at the club. He knows that Harper's days are counted and that he won't be here for much long anymore.

Because he's been here how long now? Has rarely had any form of an opportunity - especially when he's deserved to. I know if I were him I'd have fucked off a long time ago.

I really don't get the idea that we've been doing Krul some sort of an injustice. How many keepers get to be first team regulars at his age? He broke into the first team last year and will get his share of chances this season, if he's a starter by 2011-2012 we'll have developed him at normal speed. (Assuming he's actually good enough.)

I really don't get the idea that we've been doing Krul some sort of an injustice. How many keepers get to be first team regulars at his age? He broke into the first team last year and will get his share of chances this season, if he's a starter by 2011-2012 we'll have developed him at normal speed. (Assuming he's actually good enough.)

I'm not talking about an injustice - I just know if I was in his position I'd be itching to play first team football.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Most top flight keepers have broken into the first team by the age of 22 - Cech, Reina, VDS, etc, so I can see why he'd be itching to get match time in; its the only way to evolve as a keeper.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm sorry to bring this up Otter, but it's still so hard to take any opinion you have on players seriously since the whole Enrique thing. I know you admitted you were wrong like, but now when I read that Forsters better, I automatically assume that he's not.

Forster has looked as safe as houses in all but one of the games i've seen him play. His kicking needs work, but it's an easy fault to rectify. Krul is very talented, but looks all over the place when it comes to claiming high balls. Both very good prospects.

Guest Heneage

I only got to watch Forster twice, the Tranmere game where it went a bit pear shaped, but the other one he really did look impressive.

Forster has looked as safe as houses in all but one of the games i've seen him play. His kicking needs work, but it's an easy fault to rectify. Krul is very talented, but looks all over the place when it comes to claiming high balls. Both very good prospects.

Leeds?

There was a Liverpool/NUFC reserve game on the box 2-3 years ago. We drew 0-0 and he made about 12 saves, of which two or three were outstanding. Really think he's a good player is Forster from the little I've seen and heard.

Leeds?

Yep. And tbh, up until that poor kick in the 94th minute, he was probably the best player on the pitch. Such a confident keeper for a young lad.

Don't want to patronise because on the rare outing you can see he is a talented young lad but there is an air of romanticising the foreigner ahead of the boring English lad when it comes to Krul and Forster.

Don't want to patronise because on the rare outing you can see he is a talented young lad but there is an air of romanticising the foreigner ahead of the boring English lad when it comes to Krul and Forster.

its not even that its "saw krul against west brom and palermo, never saw forster"

It's just great news we've got two highly rated keepers on our books with one signed up for the next 4 years. Tim Krul had that game, while Forster has put in a award winning season in League One. Both need game time, if Harper is No1 next season i'd be tempted to loan both out and loan in a cover (or free) for ourselves. Might sound a tad strange, but both need games, especially Krul, I'm sure a 30 something on a free would be happy playing understudy to Harper while not holding back these two young prospects.