World Cup 2010 Pre-Tournament Thread

James

Guest palnese

England's 23:

Keepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green.

Defenders: Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole,Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock.

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Strikers: Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney.

Glad Johnson didn't go, seems an absolute schmuck the last time few times I saw him play - all of the press really going to his head.  This will be a good grounding for him and like many have said before, let him focus on his game so he can be a big part of the "next generation"

Guest Stephen927

Capello made a mistake in saying form will be the biggest factor, that was never going to be the case and I think he knew it when he said it. You have to give the players a reason to play well to make it into the set-up.

SWP over Johnson is a real puzzler for me. The fact Johnson gets in the City team ahead of him should be the clue.

SWP isn't that bad.  He was the only player against Japan who looked like he wanted to move about and cause them problems.  Heskey is the true puzzle.  He is totally useless and will get booked plenty as he is too clumsy and physical for international referees.  His hold up play isn't as good as his fans claim and he can't shoot for shit. 

Has it been announced finally who is the Nr.1 goalkeeper?

trying to see if its announced anywhere with squad numbers, but thefa.com is slow for obvious reasons.  Would imagine James will be given number 1 though.

Ah, right. Thanks.

Has it been announced finally who is the Nr.1 goalkeeper?

trying to see if its announced anywhere with squad numbers, but thefa.com is slow for obvious reasons.  Would imagine James will be given number 1 though.

Ah, right. Thanks.

It's irrelevant I think. Capello said on Sunday that he wasn't picking his goalkeeper for the USA game until the day before.

SWP over Johnson is a real puzzler for me. The fact Johnson gets in the City team ahead of him should be the clue.

SWP isn't that bad.  He was the only player against Japan who looked like he wanted to move about and cause them problems.  Heskey is the true puzzle.  He is totally useless and will get booked plenty as he is too clumsy and physical for international referees.  His hold up play isn't as good as his fans claim and he can't shoot for shit. 

He's terrible man. Head down run forward is about all he can do, ignoring the fact there are 3 others (Lennon, Milner, Cole) who can play that position more than adequately.

I'm really, really, really pleased at SWP's inclusion over Walcott, and in a way impressed. It shows that Capello will make his own mind up, regardless of whichever way media opinion happens to be blowing.

I'm a bit disappointed that Johnson isn't going, but realistically a centre back would have had to make way for his place and perhaps that's not sensible.

Overall, a very good squad with lots of skill in the midfield, where there are no cloggers. Good to see.

He's terrible man. Head down run forward is about all he can do, ignoring the fact there are 3 others (Lennon, Milner, Cole) who can play that position more than adequately.

Not to mention Ashley Young, who's currently sunning himself on holiday

Glad Johnson didn't go, seems an absolute schmuck the last time few times I saw him play - all of the press really going to his head.  This will be a good grounding for him and like many have said before, let him focus on his game so he can be a big part of the "next generation"

What on earth are you talking about? :lol:

What on earth are you talking about? :lol:

:lol: