World Cup 2010 Pre-Tournament Thread

James

Each team at work has been allocated their own World Cup team. Then we all have to decorate our work area to the theme of that team.

We've only been given Nigeria.  :laugh:

I'm thinking coming into work dressed as Minister Babatunde.

Dear esteemed work colleague,

A recent uncle of mine who lived in a far off land has died leaving £4485809598457 in the bank...

Each team at work has been allocated their own World Cup team. Then we all have to decorate our work area to the theme of that team.

We've only been given Nigeria. :laugh:

Dear esteemed colleague of work,

A recent uncle of mine who live in far off land has dead leaving £4485809598457 in bank...

http://thenextweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/hsbc-logo.gif

FYP

For the first time in my lifetime I may be inclined to agree with the moans about the ball being shit after seeing it used in a few matches, it looks well unnatural.

Happens every time there's a tournament, because it's not the ball any of the players have used all season.

Usually then never get mentioned once the tournament has started.

No idea who my team has been allocated, I hope it's Mexico. :bluestar:

For the first time in my lifetime I may be inclined to agree with the moans about the ball being shit after seeing it used in a few matches, it looks well unnatural.

Happens every time there's a tournament, because it's not the ball any of the players have used all season.

Aye, I mentioned that saying I'd for the first time in my lifetime being inclined to agree with the moans. I'm just saying this time, the ball actually look like it's acting up, which to me seems like they for once have something to actually moan about.

Aye, I mentioned that saying I'd for the first time in my lifetime being inclined to agree with the moans. I'm just saying this time, the ball actually look like it's acting up, which to me seems like they for once have something to actually moan about.

:thup:

Still think it'll be forgotten about.

Dawson probably won't play, but he should. Much better than King and Upson.

Better than King? Are you on drugs? When he's fit King is arguably England's best centre half bar none

Upson is dogshit though. Agree there.

King didn't look too confident against Mexico, either before or after the game. He's under a lot more pressure now.

Personally, I'd move Carragher to the CB position now. I've got more faith in him than the alternatives.

My friend actually has the ball, haven't kicked it around yet because we're too afraid to put something so sacred on such dirty ground. Whenever we do get around to it I'm interested to see how it moves.

My friend actually has the ball, haven't kicked it around yet because we're too afraid to put something so sacred on such dirty ground. Whenever we do get around to it I'm interested to see how it moves.

Whether it's dodgy or not, I don't agree with introducing an unfamiliar ball just before the start of the game's biggest tournament. Commercially it may make sense, but I don't think it's fair on the players.

Whether it's dodgy or not, I don't agree with introducing an unfamiliar ball just before the start of the game's biggest tournament. Commercially it may make sense, but I don't think it's fair on the players.

It was used in the confeds and has been available for months, they've had plenty of time to practice with it.

I had a few touches with it and I found it way too light, in line with the "supermarket ball" comments, but it will probably also affect outfield players and not only goalies. I prefer balls with some weight to them, it helps directing and powering your shots.

Still, everybody plays with the same ball.

Is the new ball 'the roundest ball ever manufactured' as is always the case? Eventually, they'll make the ball so perfectly spherical it just won't stop once you get it in motion.

Guest Stephen927

Rio Ferdinand: So Doctor is the knee looking any better after the second scan?

Doctor: Go Back to Africa.

Rio Ferdinand: Fantastic! The knee is going to be okay then?

Doctor: No.

We did that at my work a few years ago - our team got Czech Republic so I made a massive banner saying 'CZECH CZECH CZECH... CZECH IT OUT!' a la Beastie Boys.

The very least you can do is dye your hair gray and create a fake passport.