Crouch in january

Guest toonarmy1810

I cannot see Crouch coming in January, Liverpool are still in all the cups and only have 4 strikers. Fowler not exactly anywhere near his best. I cannot see Rafa being happy with Kuyt, Bellamy and Folwer as his only strikers. Even if he has money to spend in January he won't be able to buy a top striker that would be available in the CL.

I would take Crouch though, he would offer something different, my only worry would be if we would hit long balls at him all the time and by pass our midfield.

Guest theunis

Agree dont see him coming, but Crouch price will decide if he is a good buy really nothing more that 5 mil ill take him. If Pool gets taken over they might sign a better striker then i can see it happening but otherwise this is just stupid rumour

Its crazy, but i'd take him for £7m.

I wouldn't of paid half that before Liverpool bought him, but i think he's an asset to any squad.

He does get goals now, i think he's grown at Liverpool (not vertically thank fuk) and has become more consistent and truly believes in his ability.

If Charlton are demanding £14m for Bent, then i'd certainly rather have Crouch for £7m.

Only worry would be, he'd lose his magic in a move to this club, and we'd be stuck with the lanky waster we all thought he was.

Crouch and Ameobi would be the worst strike partnership anywhere, ever.

I think they 'd be useful-

the oppostion would be in tears of laughter all the time and The Zog, Duff and  Solano could nip in and score.....................

i have mixed feelings about bringing crouch to newcastle.  on one hand we need all the help we can get and he is a player that already has premiership experience. on the other hand i've stood at the front of the line when people criticize his questionable ability to play this game

can you imagine crouch in the black and white?? the stripes would make him appear 8 feet tall!!

Think we would struggle to get Bent for £10m let alone £7m.

Depends if Liverpool want to let crouch go or he wants to leave.

Not sure, depends where they are in January. For a club looking like they are down £7m for one player is a hell of a lot of money.

Call it a £10m double deal for Young aswell  bluebiggrin.gif

I wouldn't like us to get Crouch, still don't rate him highly, don't think he's worth 7mill.

IF we could get Bent for around £7m there is no way we should be going for Crouch.

Bent for £7m is still too much.

A good player, but not worth the hype surrounding him. Actual talent is worth about £4-5m

Got to be a big lug of a player out there (abroad, possibly in the German leagues) scoring goals for fun. We need that dimension, i know most think we don't need a target man, but am certain we'd improve tenfold if we had a decent one. look at what Sibby has done so far, imaging if we had a true Shearer replacement upfront this season alongside Martins.

Not sure, depends where they are in January. For a club looking like they are down £7m for one player is a hell of a lot of money.

Call it a £10m double deal for Young aswell  bluebiggrin.gif

Trade Carr, Babayaro, & Bramble plus £5m. for the pair of them.  bluebiggrin.gif

I wouldn't like us to get Crouch, still don't rate him highly, don't think he's worth 7mill.

IF we could get Bent for around £7m there is no way we should be going for Crouch.

Bent for £7m is still too much.

A good player, but not worth the hype surrounding him. Actual talent is worth about £4-5m

Got to be a big lug of a player out there (abroad, possibly in the German leagues) scoring goals for fun. We need that dimension, i know most think we don't need a target man, but am certain we'd improve tenfold if we had a decent one. look at what Sibby has done so far, imaging if we had a true Shearer replacement upfront this season alongside Martins.

The way the market is I think Bent is worth £7m, he is someone who will get you goals and has played very effectively as a target man for Charlton. He is about 5ft 11 so isn't exactly a giant but he isn't a midget either and has pace and strength.

If we actually needed a new, long-term striker, and Bent was going for £7m, i'd be creaming. Guarantee of goals, simple as.

But we don't need a new long-term striker. We need a stop-gap in January, then Owen and Shola will be back and we'll have a cracking striking squad.

Owen

Martins

Shola

Sibierski

Viduka/Beattie/Davies/whoever we get in Jan

If we actually needed a new, long-term striker, and Bent was going for £7m, i'd be creaming. Guarantee of goals, simple as.

But we don't need a new long-term striker. We need a stop-gap in January, then Owen and Shola will be back and we'll have a cracking striking squad.

Owen

Martins

Shola

Sibierski

We'd have Owen and Martins. Sibiersky only got a one year contract, though he'll probably get another one. As for Shola, he shouldn't be near or first team, he is just not even near being good enough.

Owen

Martins

Shola

Sibierski

We'd have Owen and Martins. Sibiersky only got a one year contract, though he'll probably get another one. As for Shola, he shouldn't be near or first team, he is just not even near being good enough.

:roll:

I'd take the 'new' Shola as a third or fourth choice tbh.

Owen

Martins

Shola

Sibierski

:roll:

I'd take the 'new' Shola as a third or fourth choice tbh.

Fifth maybe. No way I'd take him as third, I can't trust him to come on and do anything good when we need to change something.

The best buy would be Beattie imo (Premiership proven)....Would be quite cheap..And when in form he scores quite a few. He's tall and strong. I believe that a club change for him would be really good. I do believe he could do well here with some more creative players with pace around him.  And owen is coming back as well..

There are better players out there, but we need to build a team/squad

Instead of putting £10m+ on Bent invest the money in a LB and RB. And if money available put it on a good CB (if there even is that kind of money of buing bent for 10)

Call it a £10m double deal for Young aswell bluebiggrin.gif

Trade Carr, Babayaro, & Bramble plus £5m. for the pair of them. bluebiggrin.gif

More like trade Carr,Bramble and Babayaro plus 11£million=10£mill real money.

CROUCH MOVE TO END IN FAILURE?

PETER Crouch is a shock target for Newcastle United in the January transfer window.

But the odds look against Glenn Roeder landing the 6ft 7in striker, who has netted nine times for Liverpool this season.

And much could depend on the imminent take-over at Anfield by Dubai International Capital, with the super-rich investors likely to back manager Rafa Benitez in the transfer market once the expected £450m deal goes through.

Crouch is not an automatic choice for Benitez, who also has summer acquisitions Craig Bellamy and Dirk Kuyt to choose from up front.

Roeder would not confirm United's interest, but he did say: "I'm an admirer of the way Peter Crouch plays and the fact that he also scores goals."

Crouch, of course, would also be cup-tied in Europe, having played in the Champions League for Liverpool this season.

Middlesbrough's Mark Viduka had been a target of Newcastle's in August, but the deal never got off the ground and United's interest in the forward is now dead, while Roeder has ruled out moves for defenders Jonathan Woodgate, Sylvain Distin and Fulham's Zat Knight.

Both have been linked with the club in recent days as speculation intensifies ahead of January 1.

But Roeder said: "I'm not interested in bringing Jonathan Woodgate, Sylvain Distin or Zat Knight to Newcastle United."

It is also understood that another one-time target, Blackburn Rovers' right back Lucas Neill, is no longer on Roeder's shopping list.