Crouch in january

Guest toonarmy1810

The only thing is, he's scoring for fun at Liverpool, why would he want to leave?

Because Raffa's rotation is causing a rift, his plan of player roation was to give everyone a chance but all he has done is piss em off. Had a little snipe today about the Gerrard situation today, Gerrard said after the England game I have spoken to Raffa about playing in the centre". When asked about that today Raffa said "No I spoke to him" tit for tat really and a bit childish.

I don't think Gerrard meant he aproached Raffa about it but you can tell there is rension between them.

Crouch must be feeling it o, he is scoring plenty goals yet still missing games, so you never know mate and if Crouch wants starts for England will do him no harm to be playing alongside Owen when he is back.

Only player at Liverpool with the capable of being prolific.

I like Crouch and i'd be absolutely amazed if we signed him. Realistically, he'd cost upwards of £10m, simply because Liverpool won't want to let him go and they'll want to make a profit, and he's English. We would never be able to sign him, but he'd definitely work in our team.

Would be a brilliant signing. He gets slated far too much on here.

Only player at Liverpool with the potential to be prolific.

I like Crouch and i'd be absolutely amazed if we signed him. Realistically, he'd cost upwards of £10m, simply because Liverpool won't want to let him go and they'll want to make a profit, and he's English. We would never be able to sign him, but he'd definitely work in our team.

Because he's a glorified Emile Heskey. Has a similar goals record at club level, and most of international goals have came against 2-bob League 1 standard teams (Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, etc).

Guest TampaToon

isn't he the reason owen was complaining he couldn't score goals with the england side? e.g. they always played the long ball to crouch, which took him out of the game?

isn't he the reason owen was complaining he couldn't score goals with the england side? e.g. they always played the long ball to crouch, which took him out of the game?

That's down to the manager, whether it's with England or us. We shouldn't play long ball anyway cos we're abysmal in the air, and generally just shite at it.

Only player at Liverpool with the potential to be prolific.

Because he's a glorified Emile Heskey. Has a similar goals record at club level, and most of international goals have came against 2-bob League 1 standard teams (Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, etc).

What about the players that didn't score then. Does that make them even worse than Crouch...?

Guest TampaToon

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=371676&cc=5901

Owen started both games with the 6-foot-7 Peter Crouch and struggled to do anything with the long balls directed from midfield.

The return of Wayne Rooney to the starting lineup for England's final Group B game against Sweden on Tuesday will help. Rooney, who came on for Owen against Trinidad and Tobago after a swift recovery from a broken foot, provides better service to Owen.

"You would think so," Owen said. "We're not going to be playing longer balls because Wayne and myself aren't that tall. So we'll try and keep it on the deck."

Owen said there was little point in him changing his game.

"We just need everyone to play better," he said. "If the team plays better I play better and I'll make better runs. It's difficult making good runs when the center halves have got it [the ball]. If I get someone just behind me or in midfield with their head up, then I come alive."

not saying we need to plan around owen, but it seems martins might have a similar issue - with a crouch-type we're a lock for 90 minutes of desperate crosses and boots downfield.

agree with yorkie-geordie, it's down to the manager, but if roeder's the man chasing crouch, this is what we're in for i fear.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=371676&cc=5901

Owen started both games with the 6-foot-7 Peter Crouch and struggled to do anything with the long balls directed from midfield.

The return of Wayne Rooney to the starting lineup for England's final Group B game against Sweden on Tuesday will help. Rooney, who came on for Owen against Trinidad and Tobago after a swift recovery from a broken foot, provides better service to Owen.

"You would think so," Owen said. "We're not going to be playing longer balls because Wayne and myself aren't that tall. So we'll try and keep it on the deck."

Owen said there was little point in him changing his game.

"We just need everyone to play better," he said. "If the team plays better I play better and I'll make better runs. It's difficult making good runs when the center halves have got it [the ball]. If I get someone just behind me or in midfield with their head up, then I come alive."

not saying we need to plan around owen, but it seems martins might have a similar issue - with a crouch-type we're a lock for 90 minutes of desperate crosses and boots downfield.

Roeder doesnt seem to change his game plan even when we're playing midget upfront (i.e. Rossi) so at least a tall striker would make the plan a bit more effective, although ideally I'd like to see a completely different set of tactics but I don't think Roeder is tactically adept enough for that

Guest Magnetic North

Most over-rated player in the history of the English national side.

Hang on Nut, aren't you 6'6"? Go for it - you, Shola and the half-starved giraffe in stilettos!

Over-rated? Despite very impressive figures the majority of people still think he's useless.

Exactly! Sorry but Peter Crouch is a class football player who makes things happen and puts the ball in the back of the net. He's not a potential player. He's the real deal.

That's what I believe anyhow, and if we were to sign him i'd be over the moon.

Guest Magnetic North

And pretty much only Liverpool fans rate him :D

He's horrible, really.

not really, If you actually watch him play, you see he's a quality player. Has come a long long way in the last year and a half playing for the reds. Don't think he'd as well here though, seeing we wouldnt have the same type of quality around him. But he's better than what we have fit at the moment.

Got to agree with France's M4 on this one.