Crouch in january

Guest toonarmy1810

Guest Magnetic North

He's a talented player who obviously looks stupid physically. Judging him on his awkward appearance is a tad short-sighted me thinks.

I can't deny he's doing better than I always marked him for, but then he's been playing in a good side. To be fair he should be scoring even more than he has, and if he had the poaching and finishing abilities of Bent for example he'd have loads more IMO.

He's a talented player who obviously looks stupid physically. Judging him on his awkward appearance is a tad short-sighted me thinks.

Those who doubt his ability can check his goal vs. Galatasaray. THAT goal.

Great goal. However, I also remember this:

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/7969/petercrouchsoke4ndasidofr7.jpg

Which wasn't so good.

Which wasn't so good.

'Kin hell.  Looks like the result of a botched bio-engineering experiment

Most over-rated player in the history of the English national side.

does nowt for england like shite goals ratio. god credit where its due .

Against who?

Similar to Shola tbh.

has shola scored 11 goals for england in 16 appearences

Guest toon tone rudeboy

Which wasn't so good.

'Kin hell. Looks like the result of a botched bio-engineering experiment

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Can't see it happening, but we should be pleased if it ever did.

His reputation's a bit like Sven's. Everyone slags him off because everyone slags him off. I laughed when Liverpool bought him. I've stopped laughing now. He's an accomplished player, good attitude, miles better than any of our current forwards bar Owen.

His reputation's a bit like Sven's. Everyone slags him off because everyone slags him off. I laughed when Liverpool bought him. I've stopped laughing now. He's an accomplished player, good attitude, miles better than any of our current forwards bar Owen.

I agree with all of that apart from the accomplished player bit. :) :lol:

Spot on. Good solid player and a good pro.

Don't think we'll get him though, he's not flashy enough, nor massively overrated and overpriced. Though we did buy Sibieski...for some reason.

they think they'll get 20m

Newcastle have a habit of paying over the odds for players.

This "Club" has already had a topic on Crouch scrapped.

crouch is one of those 200 c players who think they are 160,i mean the guy is a palm tree and he still jump over players to win headers!,signing him will be a big mistake,unless we want him to replace shola,then go for it,nuthin much will change really

Crouch for me is a joke,some games he is brilliant,other games he is pure shite!,a player like that will really not help newcastle,what we need i a jan koller style giant who can win any ball in the air,(john hartson will do)..

Very under-rated,  but very over-rated at the same time. Good player though, i'd take him.

Underrated for his footballing ability, overrated for his aerial ability. Would take him too, as long as we aren't planning to lob it long to him all of the time, which we will under the current management.

Crouch is on some great form.

I would be pissed if we bought him for over 3mill.

3 million? You're having a laugh. He is English and an international, they'll demand at least 10 million for him.

Not that he's worth it. His international record looks impressive at first glance, until you see who he scored his goals against. His Liverpool record is average at best, and anyone who pays that sort of money for him is mad.

At our place there is a "we should never have sold him" faction, he will always be one of those players who divides opinion, but in mine, he's nowt special.