Crouch in january

Guest toonarmy1810

Guest nufc1984

LIVERPOOL will sell striker Peter Crouch to Newcastle for £12million —- but insist they need a replacement first.

Toon boss Glenn Roeder wants the England star to boost his injury-hit strike force.

Kop chiefs now admit they are ready to let their 6ft 7in hitman go — but have warned they first need to land long-term target David Villa from Spaniards Valencia for £22m.

And if that bid fails, Kop boss Rafa Benitez will need to look elsewhere for a replacement.

Crouch, 25, only signed from Southampton in a £7m deal 18 months ago but it is understood he would be prepared to sign for Newcastle.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2006600311,00.html

:icon_puke_l: I can't think of a more suitable reaction to this news  :dontknow:

Nah, somewhere deep down, even Fat Fred has a brain.

If this is at all true, Glenn should threaten to shoot himself unless it's called off.

Liverpool offloading Crouch may be plausible though, considering that they'll have ample money in the window for replacements. It's just that 12m is a crazy-land fee.

£12m :lol: :lol: :lol:

£5m absolute tops, and I'd baulk at that tbh. We need a stopgap taker of chances, someone with a bit of presence about them to play alongside Martins for 6 months till Owen gets back, not a fucking fortune on someone who doesn't score goals.

£12m :lol: that's got me chuckling, Jesus wept.

Dear Lord, I promise to stop mocking Mr Crouch about his queer build and lack of ability if you would somehow prevent us from securing his services. This includes certain jokes involving giraffes, donkeys, Mr Crouch as well as his missus. It would be nice if you would get us Leighton Baines too.

Yours sincerely,

wm

Crouch, Wes Brown and Curtis Davies will all be here for a combined fee of 18million. Personaly i would take none of them as dont see how the club will progress. But they will be here by the end of January

Crouch is worth £9-10m and is an important player for Liverpool and England, so there is no reason for Liverpool to let him go for cheaper.

Can I remind people that he was one of the best Premiership and England players last season.

£5m-£6m would not buy us a player as good as Crouch in January, it would take at least £10m hence the valuation placed on him by Liverpool.

I would pay the £12m for Crouch - IF and only IF we then spent more money on other departments at the same time.

Guest rosstoon

£12million for crouch, nobody would pay that, sorry, nobody with a brain.

Prick

Care to expand?

Obviously a dig at Roeder 'sorry nobody with a brain'. We kick off at all the West ham fans and other fans who sing insults at our manager and in my eyes you are trying to be funny with your comment.  If you are not I will apologise.

Guest rosstoon

I suspect you've misjudged that one rosstoon.  Especially the leap from having no brain to brain tumour references.

Like i said if I have jumped to conclusions I will apologise. Maybe i read it and took it in wrongly.

Crouch is worth £9-10m and is an important player for Liverpool and England, so there is no reason for Liverpool to let him go for cheaper.

Can I remind people that he was one of the best Premiership and England players last season.

£5m-£6m would not buy us a player as good as Crouch in January, it would take at least £10m hence the valuation placed on him by Liverpool.

I would pay the £12m for Crouch - IF and only IF we then spent more money on other departments at the same time.

Quite probably correct what you're saying there, January is a difficult time to buy players because clubs don't generally want to sell, prices will go up in many cases so if people want the club to buy in January they should expect ( and accept ) this kind of thing.

A couple of people have already said they'd be happy if the club was to pay over the odds to bring in the right players, to get them sooner rather than later.  Well I wouldn't normally want the club to pay over the odds for players, but we still desperately need at least one striker (2 really) so if the MANAGER ASKS THE BOARD to try to bring in a player valued by the seller at ~£12m, and the Board is able and prepared TO BACK THE MANAGER's judgement to that extent, then so be it. Injuries to Martins and Sibierski anytime soon and we're in the relegation mire again. Relegation would ruin the club and is obviously worse than paying an extra couple of million for a player like Crouch, who is a decent player really, although I'd rather we looked elsewhere.

Some people are already winding up for a Board slagfest no matter what happens, which doesn't surprise me in the least.

We make no signings and the Board is slagged.

We sign players certain people don't want and the Board is slagged. Even if people do want new signings the Board is slagged for agreeing to pay a fee that is too high.

It should be an interesting month as this irrational hatred begins to unfold once again........

£12million for crouch, nobody would pay that, sorry, nobody with a brain.

Prick

Care to expand?

Obviously a dig at Roeder 'sorry nobody with a brain'. We kick off at all the West ham fans and other fans who sing insults at our manager and in my eyes you are trying to be funny with your comment.   If you are not I will apologise.

I don't think Roeder decides how much we pay for players so why would it be a dig at him?

In my eyes you need to stop being too sensitive and reading things which don't exist in the first place. 

Guest sicko2ndbest

Roeder cool on £12m Crouch talk

Newcastle manager Glenn Roeder has played down his chances of landing England striker Peter Crouch in the January transfer window.

Reports on Friday suggested the Magpies are ready to launch a £12million bid for the 6ft 7in Liverpool forward and although Roeder has an interest in Crouch he played down the speculation.

He said: "Someone knows more than I do. As far as I am concerned, there has not been a deal even spoken about.

"Secondly, I really hate managers talking about other managers' players.

"Peter Crouch is a Liverpool player and I do not think Rafael Benitez would appreciate me talking about Peter Crouch when he is not a Newcastle player.

"At this moment in time, it is pure speculation and I would be surprised if he ended up becoming a Newcastle player.

"I said a month ago when I was asked, he is very talented and certainly deserves his place in the England team, in my opinion.

"But anything outside that would be unfair to Liverpool and the manager there."

Roeder is in the market for a striker with Michael Owen and Shola Ameobi injured and loan signing Giuseppe Rossi on his way back to Manchester United after tomorrow's Barclays Premiership trip to Everton.

It is understood Crouch is one a list of potential targets, although with cash at a premium at St James' Park it is unlikely he would be able to invest at the suggested level.

Chairman Freddy Shepherd found £15million during the summer to land Obafemi Martins and Damien Duff despite having seen Roeder's predecessor Graeme Souness invest a staggering £50million during his brief but ill-fated reign.

With defensive reinforcements also a priority the club's transfer kitty is likely to have to be spread rather thinly.

Roeder cool on £12m Crouch talk

Newcastle manager Glenn Roeder has played down his chances of landing England striker Peter Crouch in the January transfer window.

Reports on Friday suggested the Magpies are ready to launch a £12million bid for the 6ft 7in Liverpool forward and although Roeder has an interest in Crouch he played down the speculation.

He said: "Someone knows more than I do. As far as I am concerned, there has not been a deal even spoken about.

"Peter Crouch is a Liverpool player and I do not think Rafael Benitez would appreciate me talking about Peter Crouch when he is not a Newcastle player.

"At this moment in time, it is pure speculation and I would be surprised if he ended up becoming a Newcastle player.

"I said a month ago when I was asked, he is very talented and certainly deserves his place in the England team, in my opinion.

Roeder is in the market for a striker with Michael Owen and Shola Ameobi injured and loan signing Giuseppe Rossi on his way back to Manchester United after tomorrow's Barclays Premiership trip to Everton.

It is understood Crouch is one a list of potential targets, although with cash at a premium at St James' Park it is unlikely he would be able to invest at the suggested level.

Chairman Freddy Shepherd found £15million during the summer to land Obafemi Martins and Damien Duff despite having seen Roeder's predecessor Graeme Souness invest a staggering £50million during his brief but ill-fated reign.

With defensive reinforcements also a priority the club's transfer kitty is likely to have to be spread rather thinly.

According to some, that bit in bold means the club is in active and public negotiations to sign the player.  bluelaugh.gif

Guest smoggeordie

Same story on skysports:

Roeder said reports linking Newcastle with a £12million January move for Peter Crouch as 'pure speculation'.

The England international has become a high-profile victim of Rafa Benitez's rotation policy at Liverpool and has been linked with a possible New Year switch to the injury-plagued Magpies.

With Shola Ameobi and Michael Owen injured, and Giuseppe Rossi returning to Manchester United, reports in the English media claimed on Friday that the North East club were lining up a £12million swoop to give added depth to Roeder's frontline.

However the Newcastle chief insists there is no deal in the pipeline and that talk of a potential transfer is wide of the mark, even if he is a confirmed admirer of the unconventional striker.

"Someone knows more than I do. As far as I am concerned, there has not been a deal even spoken about," Roeder insisted.

Benitez recently insisted he has 'no plans' to sell Crouch, who has seen the partnership of Dirk Kuyt and Craig Bellamy restrict his chances at Anfield in recent months.

Same story on skysports:

Roeder said reports linking Newcastle with a £12million January move for Peter Crouch as 'pure speculation'.

The England international has become a high-profile victim of Rafa Benitez's rotation policy at Liverpool and has been linked with a possible New Year switch to the injury-plagued Magpies.

With Shola Ameobi and Michael Owen injured, and Giuseppe Rossi returning to Manchester United, reports in the English media claimed on Friday that the North East club were lining up a £12million swoop to give added depth to Roeder's frontline.

However the Newcastle chief insists there is no deal in the pipeline and that talk of a potential transfer is wide of the mark, even if he is a confirmed admirer of the unconventional striker.

"Someone knows more than I do. As far as I am concerned, there has not been a deal even spoken about," Roeder insisted.

Benitez recently insisted he has 'no plans' to sell Crouch, who has seen the partnership of Dirk Kuyt and Craig Bellamy restrict his chances at Anfield in recent months.

£12m?

Jesus wept, what utter bollocks.