José Mourinho

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest thenorthumbrian

Chelsea are just another London team for the cockney press to drool over. At least Mourinho is a bit more entertaining than Alan "we woz tired"Pardew.

Iker Casillas says he wishes coach Jose Mourinho all the best in the future despite their well documented fall out during the season.

The Real Madrid keeper and Spain skipper did not play a single match for the first team during the second half of the campaign, with Mourinho preferring to use Diego Lopez and Antonio Adan between the sticks.

The Portuguese boss also selected fourth-choice keeper Jesus Fernandez for last weekend's final match in charge against Osasuna.

But Casillas told the Spanish press: "I don't hold any grudge nor do I feel mistreated by him.

"He took the decisions which he thought were the best for the club and you need to respect that. I've nothing personal against him.

"Unfortunately, we weren't able to achieve our objectives in the Copa del Rey and Champions League in the end, but there's no point going on about that.

"Mourinho has embarked on a new journey and I wish him the best."

Classy attitude - would have been so easy to slate him

He does slate him... Just in a clever subtle way...

Guest Craig-NUFC

Andy Brassell ‏@andybrassell

@FootballRamble Somebody recently described his press conferences to me as English journos' equivalent of going to see One Direction...

Nailed it.

Nope, he had a knack for disrespecting other teams, like what he said about Sporting Gijón or Málaga, or when he celebrated a goal in front of Villarreal's bench, etc... among many others.

In general, Real Madrid fans loved him until this season, I'd say is 50/50 right now.

In general, Real Madrid fans loved him until this season, I'd say is 50/50 right now.

Football fans are fickle idiots, tbf.  Myself, you and everyone here (well most) included.  Would be boring otherwise.

Thoughts, VI?

Mourinho responds to Iniesta comments (that he damaged Spanish football): 'I damaged Spanish football by being the manager who broke Barcelona's dominance."

13.48 More from ITV, who basically asks Mourinho "u ok, hun?", saying he looked sad at Real Madrid:

13.46 Someone from ITV asks a question about marriage and love. It's a football metaphor, I think.

Made me laugh.  Fair play Telegraph guy.

I like Mourinho as a personality, I'm not too enamoured about his preferred style of play but he evidently has excellent mental strength and confidence, 2 things a good manager needs.

Last time he was here, he held all of the aces financially and so this time, I don't think he will do as well trophy wise as now Manchester City hold the clout financially and will in my opinion, with a half decent manager, which Pellegrini obviously is, win the Premiership at a canter, unless they don't gel quickly enough.

So I see the Chelsea fans having their Jose love- in curtailed somewhat, however I'm glad he's back in England.

There isn't a team in England full of worldclass players playing worldclass football (ie Barca) 2-3 big signings and Chelsea are up there with the very best in the Country, I reckon he will do more than ok, think they'll be champions within 2 years.

Mou has gone to them at a good time. Both of the main contenders for the title have changed managers and will also have to go through transitional times.

Wouldn't surprise me if ManU finished third next season, but I've been saying that for nearly 3-4 years already. No SAF this time, though.