Bosman list

bodson

Sol Campbell, Philippe Senderos, Sebastian Larsson, Steve Finnan.

They're the four that I know, and would say are relatively realistic, and would do a job.

If we weren't planning on getting any other FBs I agree with Finnan, would be decent cover to Simpson/Jose

J

I like Harper but if he was available on sensible wages I would be tempted to take James.

Very funny. For a second I almost believed you.

I was going to fall for it until I saw your post

Baraja's too old. Most of the La Liga players in that list that could do a job for you are too old I think. Surprised to see Chori Castro on the list (he's good), I guess Mallorca can't afford offering a contract. But you got Jonás, no reason to sign Jonás' old understudy at Mallorca.

I'm pretty sure Klasnic is still under contract by Lens, he's just finishing his Bolton loan. Pretty sure Lens will sell him since they failed to gain promotion, though.

On the german list Guerrero and Hamit Altintop would be excellent.

Yep. Both realistic as well. Although Altintop has said he loves it in Munich (after seeing him celebrating the title on the balcony of the Munich city hall it certainly looked that way, too) and Magath wants him at Schalke. Guerrero has said he wants a new contract at HSV but I can see that falling through because they don't have a manager/head-coach at the moment and he could be well out of favour also by the fans because of that bottle he threw at a fan.

Guest Roger Kint

a somewhat misleading lsit imo.  SOme of those are bound to be resigned by thier clubs. DOnt clubs start negotiating contracts on 1st june?

cant really see joe cole leaving on a free!

Clubs from different countries can offer contracts to any from 1 Jan, clubs in the same country is 1 June iirc

Why cant you see Cole going?  ???

Sydney Govou is leaving lyon, says he wants a new challenge abroad and after his involvement in the underage hooker episode he might be up for moving to somewhere that the media don't care about... rules us out then.

Sidney Govou and Francois Clerc are both out of contract this summer.

Either would be decent additions give our current position.

Govou doesnt really fit our new policy, but I hope that would be somewhat out of the window whilst we dont have any money.

Guest Roger Kint

Loic Perrin, Daniel Niculae, Jon Blondel, D'Allessandro, Adriano, Zaki all available according to that site? May be worth a punt on some of those although i cant say i have seen any play in the past year so could all be terrible these days ;D

Also Stasevich of Belarus is on, wasnt he a canny player v England not too long ago or am i thinking a different player? :undecided:

FM legends Johan Absolonsen, Andrea Consigli and Appiah are there too, LuaLua or Andrea Coda could be interesting as well.

So much for Eyong Enoh being the next best thing mind, he and Pantelic head the Dutch list.

Interesting stuff assuming its correct, hard to beleive Simon Vukcevic is on a free mind, would have thought he and the Berezutski brothers would be sorted out by now.

And what idiot thinks Kewell has a market value of 9m euros and Rigobert Song 3.5m euros? ;D

Apparently Donovan and Kljestan are out of contract by the turn of the year, i guess Everton will be back in for Landon for a knockdown price.