Club statement

Magpie

hmmm, i believe this mean's that ashley won't be putting money in or taking it out!

so what the club has in the bank will be what it use's for transfers, wages etc! i'm guessing that it'll depend on whether we have a surplus after wages etc to have transfers

Which is how a club should be really!

hmmm, i believe this mean's that ashley won't be putting money in or taking it out!

so what the club has in the bank will be what it use's for transfers, wages etc! i'm guessing that it'll depend on whether we have a surplus after wages etc to have transfers

this does seem to be true, so if we have an income of roughly 80-100m take out 40m for wages i suppose the 20m for the overdraft and whatever other costs it doesn't leave much change does it

Guest neesy111

this does seem to be true, so if we have an income of roughly 80-100m take out 40m for wages i suppose the 20m for the overdraft and whatever other costs it doesn't leave much change does it

i'm thinking 5M-10M will be spent

That is my understanding of the situation. So smart and affordable transfers will be the order of the day, with a fair few frees and loans depending on what Hughton thinks he needs.

Guest malandro

Well that update makes about 18 of the last 22 pages irrelevant.

Looking forward to seeing what malandro makes of it.

Not a lot. Does it mean he isn’t ‘looking’ to take any money out this season, over the next five years or ever? If it’s the latter he may as well wipe the debt, if it’s not he’s only postponing payback time. As always will Ashley, there are more questions than answers.

It looks to me like he’s planning on paying back the £20m overdraft over five years, which would roughly tally with running the club in bottom half of the PL at the same wage levels we had last season with a few million left over for transfers. This sounds about the mark to me. He draws a line in the sand, won’t put any more of his own money in and the club is left to fend for itself. If you ignore the fact his incompetence cost us our PL place (and £50m) in the first place it’s a fair enough deal. It does leave me wondering why he wants to own a club that is never going to amount to anything, and how this plan will stand up to a sustained period of mediocrity and falling attendances.

Guest je85

That is my understanding of the situation. So smart and affordable transfers will be the order of the day, with a fair few frees and loans depending on what Hughton thinks he needs.

Hopefully this is correct, it does seem to be what happened in January, even if what Hughton thought he needed was Best.

Not a lot. Does it mean he isnt looking to take any money out this season, over the next five years or ever? If its the latter he may as well wipe the debt, if its not hes only postponing payback time. As always will Ashley, there are more questions than answers.

It looks to me like hes planning on paying back the £20m overdraft over five years, which would roughly tally with running the club in bottom half of the PL at the same wage levels we had last season with a few million left over for transfers. This sounds about the mark to me. He draws a line in the sand, wont put any more of his own money in and the club is left to fend for itself. If you ignore the fact his incompetence cost us our PL place (and £50m) in the first place its a fair enough deal. It does leave me wondering why he wants to own a club that is never going to amount to anything, and how this plan will stand up to a sustained period of mediocrity and falling attendances.

I knew you'd come up with something. :lol:

Who'd have thought it eh?

Guest geordienorway

That would be a break-even situation, wouldn't it? If the target is to reach a break-even situation in five years time, I think Ashley will inject money before that.

Guest malandro

Not a lot. Does it mean he isn’t ‘looking’ to take any money out this season, over the next five years or ever? If it’s the latter he may as well wipe the debt, if it’s not he’s only postponing payback time. As always will Ashley, there are more questions than answers.

It looks to me like he’s planning on paying back the £20m overdraft over five years, which would roughly tally with running the club in bottom half of the PL at the same wage levels we had last season with a few million left over for transfers. This sounds about the mark to me. He draws a line in the sand, won’t put any more of his own money in and the club is left to fend for itself. If you ignore the fact his incompetence cost us our PL place (and £50m) in the first place it’s a fair enough deal. It does leave me wondering why he wants to own a club that is never going to amount to anything, and how this plan will stand up to a sustained period of mediocrity and falling attendances.

To be fair I’m glad they’ve eventually said something about the loans. Even if it isn’t exactly what you could call a definitive statement. It’s a pity they couldn’t have clarified what they meant be no capital outlay, or what the plan is after the club has (if) reached a break even position.

At the end of the day all we need to know is if his vision of what kind of club NUFC should be matches ours. If it does we can all get behind him, if doesn’t we can all tell him to fuck off. The recent statements haven’t really addressed what his vision for NUFC is. 

Guest malandro

That would be a break-even situation, wouldn't it? If the target is to reach a break-even situation in five years time, I think Ashley will inject money before that.

No, the one thing the statement makes clear is that there are no plans for Ashley to lend the club any more money.

Not a lot. Does it mean he isnt looking to take any money out this season, over the next five years or ever? If its the latter he may as well wipe the debt, if its not hes only postponing payback time. As always will Ashley, there are more questions than answers.

It looks to me like hes planning on paying back the £20m overdraft over five years, which would roughly tally with running the club in bottom half of the PL at the same wage levels we had last season with a few million left over for transfers. This sounds about the mark to me. He draws a line in the sand, wont put any more of his own money in and the club is left to fend for itself. If you ignore the fact his incompetence cost us our PL place (and £50m) in the first place its a fair enough deal. It does leave me wondering why he wants to own a club that is never going to amount to anything, and how this plan will stand up to a sustained period of mediocrity and falling attendances.

To be fair Im glad theyve eventually said something about the loans. Even if it isnt exactly what you could call a definitive statement. Its a pity they couldnt have clarified what they meant be no capital outlay, or what the plan is after the club has (if) reached a break even position.

At the end of the day all we need to know is if his vision of what kind of club NUFC should be matches ours. If it does we can all get behind him, if doesnt we can all tell him to fuck off. The recent statements havent really addressed what his vision for NUFC is. 

They've confirmed that the lack of transfer budget isn't because he'll be using the money to pay back the loans like you said it was.

Seems pretty definitive to me. :lol:

No, the one thing the statement makes clear is that there are no plans for Ashley to lend the club any more money.

Where does it say that, then? If we're not expecting to break even for five years, then something's going to have to carry on making up the shortfall?

There's still no money for transfers. :lol:

A £32m loss in the Championship will turn into at least a £10m profit in the Premiership, if he's not planning to take that money out he's obviously looking to use it for player recruitment.

I'm going to be optimistic and say that the club are trying to overexaggerate themselves as Misers.

They want to lose the tag of being a club held to ransom for extra millions from clubs and agents, so by setting out our stall we are making ourselves harder negotiators.

Although looking to get the sustainable situation, we will pay more than people expect, but it will be in a cautious and hard negotiated deal, with as many Bosmans and Websters as possible.

New Development :

NUFC Statement

In relation to recent media speculation following the statement made by the Club on May 9, Newcastle United would like to make it clear that owner Mike Ashley is not looking for his interest free loan to be repaid, or to take any money out of the Club.

May 11, 2010

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100511/nufc-statement_2240137_2049785

1 day after stating they wouldn't be commenting on things they go and do exactly that!

They want to lose the tag of being a club held to ransom for extra millions from clubs and agents, so by setting out our stall we are making ourselves harder negotiators.

No we're not. Does every other club just throw money around for the fun of it? No, they negotiate well by...erm..... negotiating well.

This statement makes us look foolish and if anything puts us in an even weaker position.

We can always just say 'no thanks' when agents approach us with a player, but clearly those at the top don't trust those in the middle (ie Hughton) to do as they are told.

Regardless of the fact that 'capitalising' has nothing to do with paying cash up front, what are we going to pay up front with? We have negative cash!

New Development :

NUFC Statement

In relation to recent media speculation following the statement made by the Club on May 9, Newcastle United would like to make it clear that owner Mike Ashley is not looking for his interest free loan to be repaid, or to take any money out of the Club.

May 11, 2010

1 day after stating they wouldn't be commenting on things they go and do exactly that!

Tragic that we can't now have a full summer of people saying we're not spending money because it's going in his back pocket...now what? :(

No we're not. Does every other club just throw money around for the fun of it? No, they negotiate well by...erm..... negotiating well.

This statement makes us look foolish and if anything puts us in an even weaker position.

We can always just say 'no thanks' when agents approach us with a player, but clearly those at the top don't trust those in the middle (ie Hughton) to do as they are told.

Regardless of the fact that 'capitalising' has nothing to do with paying cash up front, what are we going to pay up front with? We have negative cash!

That has been happening.

New Development :

NUFC Statement

May 11, 2010

Tragic that we can't now have a full summer of people saying we're not spending money because it's going in his back pocket...now what? :(

Nail on head.

There's nothing negative to come out of what's been said today, but that won't stop people trying.

A £32m loss in the Championship will turn into at least a £10m profit in the Premiership, if he's not planning to take that money out he's obviously looking to use it for player recruitment.

that leads you to question what "break even" means. is it to be able to run the club without running up any debt (if so your post says we could possibly do that next season) or is it for the club to be debt free in which case it's a lot to be paid off in 4 years.

Nufcblog made a good attempt of making the statement even less obvious, sadly it looks like they aren't accepting comments pointing the errors of their ways!

I'm still staggered by how many people think this statement was a good idea.

It reminds me of the old phrase "You can fool some of the people some of the time, and usually that's enough".

that leads you to question what "break even" means. is it to be able to run the club without running up any debt (if so your post says we could possibly do that next season) or is it for the club to be debt free in which case it's a lot to be paid off in 4 years.

If we take everything they say seriously then it means to not run up anymore debts, as they claim (and I believe them on this one) that they won't be taking money out of the club to pay back his loan.

Major problem on regional youth thing in that Joe Joyce & other senior fuckwits at the acadmy are parnoid & anti-boys club so how they hope to get the best kids before the likes of Ron Bone/Dave Parnaby (Boro) & Ged McNamee/Gavin Oliver of SAFC is just fucking mental.