Arsenal vs Newcastle - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Parker was good in defence, getting a lot of important blocks in, but poor in possession. It's becoming a bit of a pattern.

Yet Parker is supposed to be the box to box midfielder, he offers us very little in attacking play and is someone I wouldn't be sorry to see the back of, if Man Utd's bid for Hargreaves falls through then I hope they come in for him.

Roeder made a big mistake in making him captain.

Parker was good in defence, getting a lot of important blocks in, but poor in possession. It's becoming a bit of a pattern.

Yet Parker is supposed to be the box to box midfielder, he offers us very little in attacking play and is someone I wouldn't be sorry to see the back of, if Man Utd's bid for Hargreaves falls through then I hope they come in for him.

Roeder made a big mistake in making him captain.

i agree, because we have so many central midfielder that we really don't need Parker. While we're at it, sell Emre to Bayern and we can play with just Butt there! Great plan!

As for post match thoughts, I want to see more of Martins and Dyer upfront. I can't beleive how strong and good in the air martins is. h

i agree, because we have so many central midfielder that we really don't need Parker. While we're at it, sell Emre to Bayern and we can play with just Butt there! Great plan!

Believe it or not I was thinking about us actually signing a replacement, someone who is effective with the ball at his feet and has some movement.

I suppose its just coincidence that the best football we've played over the last 18 months is when Parker wasn't  in the side...

dyer was man of the match  by a mile  how can the motd commentator  go over the top about givens  saves god they were all  just about straight at him... harper would of done exacatley the same saves ...the only decent shot was the free kick were if he had stood in the middle of the goal he proberly would of saved it .... i have the upmost respect for given but lets not get carried away

dyer was man of the match  by a mile  how can the motd commentator  go over the top about givens  saves god they were all  just about straight at him... harper would of done exacatley the same saves ...the only decent shot was the free kick were if he had stood in the middle of the goal he proberly would of saved it .... i have the upmost respect for given but lets not get carried away

Aye average saves, right  :roll:

Guest Deep456

I can't believe some morons on this forum want to see the back of Parker when he always gives 100% and fully commited to the club.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

I can't believe some morons on this forum want to see the back of Parker when he always gives 100% and fully commited to the club.

Me neither...dont understand much of the critisism.

Me neither...dont understand much of the critisism.

If he was playing as a dm then I'd understand with his performances but yesterday he left our half about 3 times and when he did he lost the ball and he's supposed to be getting forward more? That said non of our midfield where exempt yesterday unless roeder told them all to stay back and not support dyer and martins?

Taylor was clumsy yesterday, but the criticism is over the top. He's not thick in the slightest, he's inexperienced and just clumsy with youth. He's not the greatest of the younger defenders, and he doesn't have the potential of the likes of Micah Richards, etc - but he's a competent player with a big future in a black and white shirt ahead of him. The incident with Henry yesterday was silly, and with his inexperience - he just flung his arm out in an attempt to keep up with the most mobile striker in the Premiership.

The ball wasn't going to go out, and Henry would have got there, so Taylor's foul was a little cynical, but mainly just clumsiness and largely down to inexperience. If we had a decent coach and some class defenders in the squad, Taylor would come on in leaps and bounds; same goes for Ramage.

Taylor had a decent game yesterday, and is miles better than Stephen Carr.

Taylor was clumsy yesterday, but the criticism is over the top. He's not thick in the slightest, he's inexperienced and just clumsy with youth. He's not the greatest of the younger defenders, and he doesn't have the potential of the likes of Micah Richards, etc - but he's a competent player with a big future in a black and white shirt ahead of him. The incident with Henry yesterday was silly, and with his inexperience - he just flung his arm out in an attempt to keep up with the most mobile striker in the Premiership.

The ball wasn't going to go out, and Henry would have got there, so Taylor's foul was a little cynical, but mainly just clumsiness and largely down to inexperience. If we had a decent coach and some class defenders in the squad, Taylor would come on in leaps and bounds; same goes for Ramage.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yup, kids still very young!

I think the result gave us a lot more than just one point. Securing such a result against (on their day) one of the best sides in Europe will be a  huge confidence boost for all at the club. Whats more we had a good defensive performances and Dyer and Oba linked well to give us a mobile and nippy attack- footnote, but hopefully this will mean we no longer have to call on Rossi's services. We stopped the rot and ended our goalscoring drought with a very well taken goal.

Overall, i think nitpicking about the performance is a little churlish under the circs.

ps- Taylor was super clumsy though for the foul.  bluewink.gif

Guest mikefin

Back to the topic,I think it was a brilliant performance from everyone

I think it was poor performance and we were extremely lucky to got that one point. We had 9 men defence and they still created +10 good changes. Luckily their finishing was shitty, but in the end of the day, we were as bad as usually.

Exceptions:

Given 10

- Absolutely brilliant

Dyer 9

-Impressive goal. Was our one man army when we had a ball.

Martins 7

-His best performance so far. Couple of good runs, and win that ball which led to our goal

Parker 4

-Rubbish. Tried here, there and everywhere like always, but that is not enough if you didnt done anything right

Answer me honestly: were you at the game?

Back to the topic,I think it was a brilliant performance from everyone

I think it was poor performance and we were extremely lucky to got that one point. We had 9 men defence and they still created +10 good changes. Luckily their finishing was shitty, but in the end of the day, we were as bad as usually.

Exceptions:

Given 10

- Absolutely brilliant

Dyer 9

-Impressive goal. Was our one man army when we had a ball.

Martins 7

-His best performance so far. Couple of good runs, and win that ball which led to our goal

Parker 4

-Rubbish. Tried here, there and everywhere like always, but that is not enough if you didnt done anything right

Answer me honestly: were you at the game?

First of all. 1-1 is great result, indeed!

And no, i wasnt in the game. I was about 2000km away from London, but i saw it like i have seen all games except that WH win. I have TV.

Parker was better than Duff, right, but he was way below what he is capable of. I compare Parker to Parker, not to Duff.

No offence, but im not so excited because IMO Arsenal outplayed us totally (OK, they do almost same to everyone) and one point came more because of luck than because of our good performance. If they had took their chances, it could have been 5-1. Im realistic about it.

Work ethic was good and we looked better than against ManC or ShefU, but this was different game. Im afraid we still have same problems than before yesterday when we have to create something and not just stand there and battle.

Maybe i see this whole thing differently, because im not from Newcastle. But, IMO, it seems from here that almost everything that could be wrong is badly wrong.. And i dont mean the team, i mean everyone who are involved around it. Board, manager, coaching staff etc. Everything is shit if you dont count urine.

Its like somebody gives you The greatest stadium in the world, tons of loyal fans, lots of very good players. Then BANG!! You just ruining it all. You need chief and you hire just some guy from somewhere who doesnt have any clue about anything and you except he can handle all this. Well, he doesnt have a clue and he hires somebody and so on.. Its a circle of mess.

Where this team could be now with its resources. It all went wrong when Keegan left, some light in SBR era, and then mess again.

1.) I'm already give up hope with Roeder and FF

2.) I want take over

3.) I want decent manager, who has proven to be a man who can bring success and can handle his players. Man who has experience from BIG clubs, not Charltons or whatsoever.

PS. Sorry for off-topic and shitty english.

We deserved a point for hard work, shots don't count if they don't go in.  bluebiggrin.gif

Wenger showed us a tad bit of disrespect by becnhing Henry, he did not see us as much of a threat, then HT came we are 1-0 up and he sticks Hnery on.  bluelaugh.gif

We all knew we would be under the cosh but only lastweek a performance like that from the Gooners seen Liverpool beaten 3-0.

WE DID VERY WELL  :thup: :thup:

I've thought for a while you've got the best keeper in the League, and after watching that today, I now know you have. He was absolutely ****ing awesome.

we know  bluewink.gif

Who in the in the past few months are it that have slated dyer?

Still waiting for an answer to that...

Who in the in the past few months are it that have slated dyer?

Still waiting for an answer to that...

Honestly wouldn't know what to answer to that :lol:

it are obviously isnt are?

... haha, you're it! (it that have!)

i have called him thick in the past, but i agree, it is probably just inexperience tbh.

not sure what duff's excuse is

Taylor was clumsy yesterday, but the criticism is over the top. He's not thick in the slightest, he's inexperienced and just clumsy with youth.

i have called him thick in the past, but i agree, it is probably just inexperience tbh.

not sure what duff's excuse is

I'm sure, like AS9 has said, that a lot of it is down to having an inept left-back behind him. Whether it be Babayaro or Ramage, neither are very good. In my opinion, Duff is one of those players that can only play well when there are other good players around him, that can explain his fantastic performances at Chelsea. He only appears to play well in a good team. In Blackburn he stood out because he was young and the shining light of an average team.

Here, he is playing in a bad team under a bad manager.

Guest mikefin

In my opinion, Duff is one of those players that can only play well when there are other good players around him, that can explain his fantastic performances at Chelsea.

I think its more about our system. Emre and Parker are usually both dropped too deep in our own zone and that pretty much eliminates our attacking options itself. They are too deep to start anything fast.

When they get the ball, there is almost always 8-opponents under it. So they play long pass to Duff/Milner/Zoggy/Nobby whose not have anybody with him there and he already has player on his shoulders. When Duff got the ball when he was in Chelsea, he has immediately 3, maybe even 5 players with him in attack and lots of space because things happened quickly. When he gets it now, there is only one player besides him - covered - or there is 8-9 opponents under the ball.

We all knew we would be under the cosh but only lastweek a performance like that from the Gooners seen Liverpool beaten 3-0.

WE DID VERY WELL  :thup: :thup:

No, Liverpool tried to make a game of it - we defended in depth, and rarely ventured out of our own area.

If we'd played it like Liverpool, we'd have got well and truly thumped - maybe twice as bad as Liverpool.

Defence in depth is what made Arsenal succesful pre-Wenger though, but they were better at it, and always had more of a game than we did at Arsenal.

Credit to Bramble for 90 mins without a horlicks,credit to Kieron for a fine goal added to a great box to box exhibition of give and go football,credit to Shay for another two points he's saved for us (wonder how many points he's made us since he's been here).Gritty,brave and a solid performance.Though i've seen many criticisms of Scotty,I thought he led by example yesterday and seems to be returning to his old consistency.Am i alone in thinking that Dyer was fouled by Toure prior to Henry getting hauled down for their equaliser? :tnarmy: