Newcastle-Online: Reds v Blues match (all forumites welcome) - JULY 17

Stu
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Right then, we're sorted.

Blakelaw at around 11/12pm on the 17th of July. He wasn't too strict about the times, just so long as we're there no later than 12pm. It's £30 for two hours and we're on the 3G.

:)

Good stuff. 17th July. Blakelaw 3G. Kick off 11.30am??

Well done Yorkie.

Time to get the team lists up. If we can even them up more than the SJP game that would be nice.

So far, all these have confirmed themselves for the 17th:

Burnip

Kezman

Kezman's Bro

Yorkie

Stu

Dino

Heza

QBG

ObiChris

Madras

KenDahl

MKSC

Crofty

Neesy

Disco

Gorilla

Slim

That's 17. I'll send out another rallying call by PM.

Girlfriend will be dragged along again. Weyy!

My better half may also be in attendance. She's currently weighing up the pro's and con's of a weekend in Newcastle.

For the benefit of continuity wouldn't it be better to keep people who have previously been on the red team/blue team on their respective previous sides? Just allocate the new players a team depending on who needs what players.

Yeah i was having a look through the old threads today, and we seem to have maintained our 'cruxes' if you like.

Red: Pilko, Burnip, Dino, Neesy, Gorilla, Slim, Rocker, Niel

Blue: Kezman, Kezman Jr, Yorkie, Stu, KenDahl, Prophet, Crofty

Could be a couple i've missed n'all. So aye, looks like we can build the teams around the same fellas again. If everyone wants to do that.

Plenty time to discuss that though. We're still not bang on target for numbers yet so early days. :)

That looks good. What's the keeper situation?? I know Gregorovich isn't playing because he has Horse Riding that day, or something equally as pointless, and I don't really fancy donning the gloves again. Being in net at SJP is one thing, Blakelaw is a completely different kind of animal.

Got literally no goalies in my list of names. Unless anyone's happy to don the gloves, might be a case of getting ringers.

NSG's out, for the record. Spoke to him earlier today.

Guest Heneage

My better half may also be in attendance. She's currently weighing up the pro's and con's of a weekend in Newcastle.

For the benefit of continuity wouldn't it be better to keep people who have previously been on the red team/blue team on their respective previous sides? Just allocate the new players a team depending on who needs what players.

Do it Colin, they'll keep each other company. Ha.

NSG's out, for the record. Spoke to him earlier today.

Another one who is no doubt poncing about in a round field, hitting a small ball with a stick.

Weirdo.

Do it Colin, they'll keep each other company. Ha.

It'll boil down to if she can be bothered or not. Even if she does make the journey there's every chance she could just stay in bed at the hotel. Especially if it is cold or raining. Every time she comes up north it's freezing so it has tainted her view of the whole region.

Guest Heneage

Not for long. Mwahaha

We do actually appear to be 2 light of your crux of 9, so we could do with picking 2 before we consider doing any school-yard inspired team picking. I think if both teams appoint a captain, say Yorkie for us as he's organised, and Burnip for the others.

And obviously you can have Rockers mate Dave as he is Rockers mate. So first 3 picks should ideally be ours.

I'll translate. 24 names thus far (with some still to confirm).

Red:

1. Burnip

2. Dino

3. Gorilla

4. Slim

5. Neil

6. Pilko

7. Nut

8. Rocker

9. Rocker's Mate (Daveylad on the forum)

10. Dr Venkman

11. Unassigned

Blue:

1. Yorkie

2. Kezman

3. Kezman Jnr

4. Stu

5. KenDahl

6. The Prophet

7. Bowlingcrofty

8. MKSC

9. Heza09

10. QBG

11. Unassigned

Unattached:

Heza09

QBG

ObiChrisKinobi

Madras

Keefaz

Theregulars

MyKidsSupportChelsea

Disco

That's from those who have declared official interest thus far. I've also sent rallying calls to a few other peeps (not amongst the above) who i'm yet to hear back from.

By the by, for anyone reading the thread and still wants to play - get your names down. :thup: We're by no means done and dusted with regards to numbers yet. :)

Especially if you're a goalie.

As I say, it's unlikely I can play on the 17th but a 10/11am KO might leave me with a chance; I'd definitely like to play. I'll stick my name down as a possible but until I know, others obviously have priority. :)

Can only really repeat that for the time being.