Contracts coming to an end

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Nolberto Solano, Craig Moore, Titus Bramble and Antoine Sibierski all have contracts that end during summer 2007. They will all be free to talk to other clubs in the January transfer window.

Which are worth keeping?

Solano is not the player he once was. If nobody comes in for him the club would be in a strong negotiating position and would probably be able to reduce his weekly wages (assuming Nobby wanted to stay and the club wanted to keep him). The same applies to Bramble. Ipswich have made noises about wanting him but I'm sure he'd prefer to stay at Newcastle. Moore has said if the club don't offer him a new contract soon he will go home to Australia. Sibierski has been a reasonable emergency stop-gap.

I know a lot of people will want rid of Bramble but if we can keep him as a squad player on a lot less money than he's on now then he may be worth keeping. We have a very small squad and don't have a lot of money at the moment. We need squad players.

I think all of that depends on how we do in the transfer window.

For me Titus has showed a bit more promise since the threat to sell him, Moore may want away back to Oz at the end of the season so we can only afford to let 1 of them go.

Nobby is worth keeping if he is okay with being a squad member. Same go's for Sibi the dedication he has showed us in his short time here has at least earned him another year.

I don't think we can afford to lose Bramble now. We need a replacement for Boumsong as it is.

Craig Moore is leaving whether we like it or not.

Nobby I would keep on a short term contract.

Sibs has done well for a panic signing, but... he really isn't good enough :/

Even if we DON'T get a replacement in, Bramble shouldnt be granted a new deal, no way.

We should keep Sib, he's a great squad player to have.... how exactly is he "not good enough" for us I don't know, has not disapointed when played, and we must stop thinking some players are not worthy.

Even if we DON'T get a replacement in, Bramble shouldnt be granted a new deal, no way.

We should keep Sib, he's a great squad player to have.... how exactly is he "not good enough" for us I don't know, has not disapointed when played, and we must stop thinking some players are not worthy.

Sibi does "ok" in all honesty we shouldnt need players like that.

Bramble has good games now and then (like yesterday) so why should we think he isnt worthy as a squad player?

Solano without hesitation.

Sibierski probably.

Moore probably - depends on how we do in the transfer window.

Bramble - definitely NOT. I don't care if we don't bring in a replacement, he's been here for far too long.

He hasn't disappointed because we expected nothing from him. Perhaps he has done enough to justify a one year extension, but he isn't getting any younger and he simply wouldn't fit in a team pushing for top 4.

I think all of that depends on how we do in the transfer window.

For me Titus has showed a bit more promise since the threat to sell him,

Don't get sucked in man.  He always has a good run or 2 that makes you think "he's finally changed" but a howler is just aorund the corner.

[Hasn't Moore said he's going back to Australia?

changed his mind

Moore is leaving and I think we can replace him with someone more experienced that will bring much moore to the squad.

Bramble is pandoras box we need to sell him if we get a decent offer in January. He is only going to work if we have someone to boss him and keep him on his toes for 90mins. There are few players around that are good enough to do that and do their own job.

Id expect both Solano and Sibbers to get contract extensions, both are at the back end of their careers and will be good squad players and reasonably reliable when called on, they are both good proffesionals for the younguns to look up to aswell.

So Solano and Sibbers for me, although neither should be starting by next season.

moore, nobby and sibbers all deserve another year imo.

bramble i'd sell in january if we can get anything more than 50p for the fucker. he has cost us way too many goals over the years!

If we could replace them, then none, but if not keep them. Hopefully we'll have a better defence and team by the time next summer comes around.

What he said. Keep Moore and Solano as cover though, but only on 1 year contracts.

I'd keep Moore as a back up centre half. He's been our best defender since Woodgate and has been great asset to our back four. One of Greame Souness' only successes.  :thup:

Nobby will always be a good player to have at the club. He can offer so much to our young players on technique and proffesionalism. Hopefully, he will be offered another year at the club..... as a back up.  :thup:

We should really be looking to replace Sibierski. He's been a good pro and come up with a couple of goals for the cause but he still isn't of the quality we need at the club. I say we review the situation at the end of the year.  :thdn:

I wish Bramble could perform consistently at the level he did yesterday but long since the day that i have any confidence of him doing so. He should be offloaded in january and replaced by Upson.   :thdn:

Definately not Bramble sell him in Jan!! Luque and Car too (although doubt Glenn will get rid of Car)!!

Not hugely bothered about the rest, depends who we can get in. Would like to see a bit more of the young uns i.e. Pattison, o.brein, Troisi, Huntingdon

Hopefully next season we have the following squad:

GIVEN        NEW RB (YOUNG)  TAYLOR              PARKER        DUFF            MILNER    OWEN   

HARPER      CAR                        RAMAGE            EMRE            ZOGGY        TROISI    MARTINS

KRUL          BABA                      HUNTINGTON      BUTT            O'BRIEN                      DYER

PAV            BRIDGE                  UPSON              PATTISON                                          SHOLA

NEW STRIKER (COLLINS JOHN?)

GIVEN

YOUNG  TAYLOR  RAMAGE  BRIDGE

DUFF    PARKER  EMRE    ZOGGY

OWEN/MARTINS  DYER

HARPER

UPSON

BUTT

MILNER

NEW STRIKER (JOHN)