Kris Boyd joins smoggies

ianovthetoon

Guest Roger Kint

I just dont understand.

People don't want old, experienced players because they're past it and have high waged demands?

And they don't want players untested in the top league because 'they aren't good enough'

What on earth do you want on a shoe-string budget?!?

People want to complain, just like the puma thread, i just highlighted his last 3 seasons against Celtic/Europe, its not great but who cares he is still an improvement on what we have.

Guest firetotheworks

Whats with the Celtic/European records? Who gives a shit when we wont be anywhere near challenging to beat teams on that level?

Whats with the Celtic/European records? Who gives a shit when we wont be anywhere near challenging to beat teams on that level?

lol most of the Premier League are better than Celtic :facepalm:

Guest firetotheworks

Whats with the Celtic/European records? Who gives a s*** when we wont be anywhere near challenging to beat teams on that level?

I hope that's sarcasm.

We're signing a guy who scores goals in Scotland for fun, quite literally hundreds, and we're signing him for free.  All supposedly.

And some people here still wouldn't have him.  On a free.  Christ, guys, what do you want?  Liverpool giving us Torres and £100m for taking him off their hands?

Wullie would turn his nose up at that deal as Torres is slightly injury prone.

What the fucks going on here??

Everyone saying he has not scored against celtic or scored many in europe??

could be because he had no service in those games. he's a goal poacher if you give him chances he will score.

It turned out that Lovenkrands and Carroll started scoring lots of goals. And we no longer had to play that waste of space gangsta wannabe.

Ranger is brilliant IMO.

Ranger might not have scored many but he can actually contribute to team build up play.

Whats with the Celtic/European records? Who gives a s*** when we wont be anywhere near challenging to beat teams on that level?

I hope that's sarcasm.

You think Celtic would be one of the top teams in the Premiership? :nope:

The fact that he has scored 50 goals in Scotland in the last two years, is little indication of how he would perform in the Premiership but neither is his poor record in Europe and against Celtic.

Larsson wasn't bad outside Scotland and Ameobi has a pretty good record in Europe IIRC.

Lies, damned lies and statistics.

Guest firetotheworks

I hope that's sarcasm.

You think Celtic would be a top team in the Premiership? :nope:

I dont, but I dont think they're worse that 3/4 of the PL. That's just fucking idiotic.

The fact that he has scored 50 goals in Scotland in the last two years, is little indication of how he would perform in the Premiership but neither is his poor record in Europe and against Celtic.

Larsson wasn't bad outside Scotland and Ameobi has a pretty good record in Europe IIRC.

Lies, damned lies and statistics.

Exactly, take the overused example of Bassong for someone who was realtively poor until he came here.

Carroll

Ameobi

Lovenkrands

Best

Boyd

Fuckin scary.

Why the fuck did we sign Best, what a waste of time and money. 5 mediocre strikers to say the least. No hope of selling any of the cunts either.

Carroll

Ameobi

Lovenkrands

Best

Boyd

Fuckin scary.

Why the f*** did we sign Best, what a waste of time and money. 5 mediocre strikers to say the least. No hope of selling any of the c***s either.

Carroll and Lovenkrands would do just fine under a midfield that provides them service constantly in the prem in my opinion.

Carroll

Ameobi

Lovenkrands

Best

Boyd

Fuckin scary.

Why the fuck did we sign Best, what a waste of time and money. 5 mediocre strikers to say the least. No hope of selling any of the cunts either.

To be fair we could sell all of our strikers to Championship clubs and Carroll might even attract a Premiership club. For me it's about squad building not deconstruction.

If we sign Boyd then we can sell Shola or Best and dare i say make a profit out of it.

I hope that's sarcasm.

You think Celtic would be a top team in the Premiership? :nope:

I dont, but I dont think they're worse that 3/4 of the PL. That's just fucking idiotic.

the same Celtic team that got beat by Ross County, Kilmarnock and lost 4-0 to St Mirren. Aye fucking idiotic

Could be like Doyle or Fletcher, could be like Scotland or McCoist. Gamble but low risk, I'd have him here.

much rather Fletcher than Boyd any day of the week

It turned out that Lovenkrands and Carroll started scoring lots of goals. And we no longer had to play that waste of space gangsta wannabe.

Ranger is brilliant IMO.

Ranger might not have scored many but he can actually contribute to team build up play.

Yes, because he passed it 4 yards to Guthrie against Leicester.

Carroll

Ameobi

Lovenkrands

Best

Boyd

Fuckin scary.

To be fair we could sell all of our strikers to Championship clubs and Carroll might even attract a Premiership club. For me it's about squad building not deconstruction.

If we sign Boyd then we can sell Shola or Best and dare i say make a profit out of it.

I agree, but who the hell is gonna sign Shola or Best.

Plenty of Championship teams will want both, especially Shola.

That's only a third of the job though - we still have to want to sell, and the player has to agree to go - neither of which I think will happen.