Players to look out for this World Cup

Keefaz

luis suarez of ajax  :snod:

him and forlan up front for uruguay is pretty good on paper at least

Oh aye, thankfully they're actually pretty decent together beyond paper. Both have very handy international records., and with the aforementioned Lodeiro playing behind them there's a chance of fireworks.

EDIT: With journeyman Sebastian 'El Loco' Abreu on the bench aswell. Apparently he's the highest scoring player at the World Cup, in terms of total career goals.

Them goals spread across 20 different teams,6 different countries and 3 different continents.

Sewelly man, face the inevitable and get your name changed to Footypedia.

How do you expect the rest of Uruguay's midfield to line up? I've been watching them in a couple of friendlies and it's hard to tell. Hope Abreu becomes Uruguay's all-time leading scorer this summer, even though Forlan will probably pass him soon enough.

How do you expect the rest of Uruguay's midfield to line up? I've been watching them in a couple of friendlies and it's hard to tell. Hope Abreu becomes Uruguay's all-time leading scorer this summer, even though Forlan will probably pass him soon enough.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/3885/uruguaysystem.jpg

Replace Nacho with Lodeiro and that will probably be their starting XI. Although in qualifying they did play a more orthadox 4-4-2 at times.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/05/27/an-old-fashioned-3-5-2-for-uruguay/

There's some in depth analysis for how they've been playing in warm ups.

luis suarez of ajax  :snod:

him and forlan up front for uruguay is pretty good on paper at least

Oh aye, thankfully they're actually pretty decent together beyond paper. Both have very handy international records., and with the aforementioned Lodeiro playing behind them there's a chance of fireworks.

EDIT: With journeyman Sebastian 'El Loco' Abreu on the bench aswell. Apparently he's the highest scoring player at the World Cup, in terms of total career goals.

Them goals spread across 20 different teams,6 different countries and 3 different continents.

Got Cavani they can hoy in the mix n all. Can see them struggling defensively though. Hope they progress.

Guest je85

I'm hoping Jesus Navas gets some pitch time, he's one of my favourites on FIFA10. Only seen little bits of him in real time though.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/3885/uruguaysystem.jpg

Replace Nacho with Lodeiro and that will probably be their starting XI. Although in qualifying they did play a more orthadox 4-4-2 at times.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/05/27/an-old-fashioned-3-5-2-for-uruguay/

There's some in depth analysis for how they've been playing in warm ups.

Talented team, incredibly inconsistent though.

Thomas Enevoldsen (Groningen), Denmark, plays left or right wing!

Christian Eriksen (Ajax), Denmark, plays attacking midfielder, youngest player at the world cup.

Javier Hernandez (man Utd), Mexico, sounds very interesting

Could someone start a thread for the likely/predicted line-ups of the world cup teams?

There seems to be quite a few knowledgeable foreigners on this board and it'd be interesting to see how some countries are going to line up.

Cheers.

Jonas Gutierrez  :thup:

Will be looking at how our ex players do too - Bassong, Martins, Gonzalez (lol), Milner, Moore, Geremi etc.

Geremi is still playing for the Indomitable Lions?

I just had to pick Njitap for my World Cup fantasy team!

With the globalisation of football & the PL, Real Madrid & Barca, CL on our screens most week it has sort of killed the world cup for me as being spectacle to seeing much talked about but unseen footballers. Still a great event but a lot of the unknown is sadly gone.

Jose Torres of Team America (F*ck Yeah), plays for Pachuca, Mex

He could have a very bright future. I'd love to see him start every one of USA's (three) games.

He's looked very good for the US from what I've seen, I agree he's looking like having a bright future ahead of him.

He could have a very bright future. I'd love to see him start every one of USA's (three) games.

Are you another traitor or a genuine Yanker?

Are you another traitor or a genuine Yanker?

Seems like a "Did you stop beating your wife yet?" type of question.  ???

Ignacio Gonzalez.

tbh he is one of the key members of Uruguay's team and plays very well for them so don't be too surprised if he does well.

As mentioned by others, Alexis Sanchez is a hugely skilful attacking midfielder/forward. I also like the look of Gary Medel (defensive midfielder also of Chile and Boca).....I hope Chile do well...they played good attacking football in the qualifiers and have some good (though largely unknown) players.

for other countrues, Tony Kroos as an impact sub might be worth looking our for.

Keisuke Honda of Japan too.

Nicolas Lodeiro

Alexis Sanchez

Humberto Suazo

Hugo Lloris

Lucas Barrios

Angel Di Maria

Milos Krasic

Marek Hamsik