Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Germany play the better football, but if we were to meet them in the second round there would be no clear favourite like some would have you believe.

After their qualifying campaign, I don't know how anybody can say Argentina are better than England. Spain and Brazil are the only teams in this competition who are miles ahead of England.

Does qualifying play that much of a part in how the actual tournament pans out though?

Example soon to be illustrated: Holland.

They'll reach the quarters/semis in spectacular fashion, and then fizzle out like always.

Still reckon Slovenia will go through.

It'll be interesting to see how the US play against them. Lower level of opposition but how much of last night was the fact it was a massive game for them against us?

Germany play the better football, but if we were to meet them in the second round there would be no clear favourite like some would have you believe.

After their qualifying campaign, I don't know how anybody can say Argentina are better than England. Spain and Brazil are the only teams in this competition who are miles ahead of England.

Does qualifying play that much of a part in how the actual tournament pans out though?

They'll reach the quarters/semis in spectacular fashion, and then fizzle out like always.

Precisely what I mean.

Still reckon Slovenia will go through.

It'll be interesting to see how the US play against them. Lower level of opposition but how much of last night was the fact it was a massive game for them against us?

Very evenly matched IMO. Can see it being a turgid match like.

Precisely what I mean.

Anything wrong with that..?

What did you make of last night btw Mike? How did you rate your performance?

Shit scared at the start, conceding didn't help either. When we kept the ball and waited for something to happen we were a lot better than when we hoofed it desperately. The goal was dead lucky, but we calmed down, the defense calmed down and we got more into the match. Would have liked to see Holden come on earlier, and not for Jozy. Holden on for Findley and one of Donovan Dempsey moving in to a forward position just behind Jozy. Game was there to be won, imo.

Satisfied with the result, but I'll always believe we could have won it.

Was the best time to play England as well, awful team selection, awful subs and none of the confidence you'll probably get in the next two matches.

For what FIFA rankings are worth are they like 12th or something similar? (not entirely sure) Hardly minnows anymore if so. Seemed a physical industrious and decent enough side to me. A draw is certainly not anything to worry too much about and was extremely unlucky

The Brazil squad is poor by its normal standards:

Gilberto - Could not get a game at Spurs

Elano - Dumped by Man City

Gilberto - Too old & too slow for Arsenal & Arsne

Baptista - Weg did not want snap him up after loan spell

Kléberson  - Failure at Man Utd

Robinho - had issues at Man City but has looked good at Santos.

I am surprised Mirandinha did not make the squad.

People really understimate the US side. They're good enough to reach as far as the Quarters IMO.

Only if they play against Robert Green every game, other than that they are shite.

Guest Stephen927

People really understimate the US side. They're good enough to reach as far as the Quarters IMO.

Kind of like how people really underestimate the England side.